Profile for R. E. Webber > Reviews

Content by R. E. Webber

R. E. Webber

The Nearly Complete Works of Donald Harington Volume 1
The Nearly Complete Works of Donald Harington Volume 1

5.0 out of 5 stars It was in recommended books and I clicked on it by mistake, 6 Oct. 2014
This is a new author for me. It was in recommended books and I clicked on it by mistake. I left it like that because it was good value anyway. I do tend to read any type of book, and this is a wonderful purchase. I have come back to purchase the other two volumes as I am enjoying the characters so much. I have travelled in this part of the USA and it brings back memories of that time. It is, as another reviewer says Quirky writing and may not be for everyone. Read some of the other reviews and make your own mind up. For me, I would say just buy them and enjoy.

Jazz Impressions of the USA + 2 bonus tracks
Jazz Impressions of the USA + 2 bonus tracks
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Every Brubeck fan should own this, 24 Feb. 2014
An elder brother introduced me to Dave Brubeck when I was 12 years old with the LP of Time Out. I have been and remain a fan of his music since then. I have a large collection of Brubeck on vinyl and many CD's which have been responsible for the re-release of long forgotten vinyl. I had never heard this album played ever, so to see it as a CD release was a no brainer that it had to go into my collection. The recording, made just before the "Classic" quartet, is wonderful listening. I hear new things every time I listen, I've waited 52 years to own this. A must for any CD collection.

Bennett & Brubeck: The White House Sessions, Live 1962
Bennett & Brubeck: The White House Sessions, Live 1962
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent release, 17 Jan. 2014
Again, this CD should be in every collection of people who like Jazz. I was just coming into my teens when this was recorded and never knew about it then. I was introduced to Brubeck by my older brothers, and have never stopped listening since then. I am lucky to have a large collection on vinyl and CD, and this is a great addition

Live at Juan-Les-Pins 1967 + 3 bonus tracks
Live at Juan-Les-Pins 1967 + 3 bonus tracks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Jan. 2014
For people who love the Brubeck Quartet, this CD is a must for any collection. Great enjoyment and with the best musicians he ever had.

Zoo Station (John Russell series Book 1)
Zoo Station (John Russell series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Jan. 2014
What a find. This is writing at its best, and written in good English. The author has done extraordinary research into the history of the time that this novel is taking place. It really is like being there. I am now looking forward to reading the rest of his titles. I was introduced to the author by a recommendation after reading books by the author "Philip Kerr" who also writes about characters in this period of history.

Morphy Richards Accents 43772 Pyramid Kettle - Red
Morphy Richards Accents 43772 Pyramid Kettle - Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well & looks good, 26 Nov. 2013
checked out many kettles, but came back to this one to replace the same but older kettle which had broken. The colour is very rich and matches the kitchen well, a bonus

Didn't It Rain
Didn't It Rain

4.0 out of 5 stars great follow up to "Let Them Talk", 15 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Didn't It Rain (Audio CD)
More interesting songs and great musicians. Not for everyone but I like it, and would recommend it to anyone with an interest in the Blues.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars watch winder, 19 May 2010
This Watch Winder from Warehouse24 is just superb. It is made from black laquered wood with a clear glass lid and fitted inside with cream leather. It is silent in operation and looks superb on its shelf. All of my kinetic watches remain working and keep to time, ready for when I want them. The service from warehouse 24 was also very quick, ordered on a Wednesday evening and delivered on Friday afternoon. To say I am very happy is almost an understatement.