ARRAY(0xaa6afd44)

A Passion for Baking
A Passion for Baking
Price: 9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A passion for baking, 15 May 2013
I had ordered this on my kindle and it arrived this evening! What a delight! It is now 2:45am and I have read it cover to cover.
Jo comes across as a lovely warm person and her recipes exude comfort and homeless.
Having said that they are not the usual plain run of the mill bunch but ones that serve to inspire,gather the family around and enjoy happy times

I would recommend this to everyone. I have been baking for over 45 years and it will take a special place in my collection of cookbooks. Thank you Jo.......MORE PLEASE

The Great Northern Cookbook
The Great Northern Cookbook
Price: 8.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Northern Cookbook, 4 May 2013
I wasn't really looking for another cookbook but it intrigued me as I hadn't realised that Sean Had become involved in food.

As a middle aged woman who grew up in the north I thought I would give it a go and I am so glad I did.
It turned out to be a very interesting read but it has also brought back so many memories.

The recipes are a delight...far removed from the usual Cheffy finish. They are real food.

Very impressed..

John Whaite Bakes: Recipes for Every Day and Every Mood
John Whaite Bakes: Recipes for Every Day and Every Mood
Price: 8.55

5.0 out of 5 stars John Waited Bakes, 3 May 2013
Amazon told me about this book and I decided to give it a chance as I had enjoyed the Great British Baking programme.

I am so glad I did as it is fantastic. The recipes are inspirational and photographed beautifully. All are achievable. I look forward to working through them.

Over and above that it is a good read..what a nice young man!

Look forward to your next one John...

The Kitchen Diaries
The Kitchen Diaries
Price: 8.62

5.0 out of 5 stars The Kitchen Diaries, 2 May 2013
I absolutely loved this book! I downloaded it to my kindle today not knowing what to expect but having enjoyed watching Nigel on the TV.

I have read the whole thing cover to cover today. It is beautifully written by some one who clearly loves food and delights in quality ingredients. Although there are plenty of inspiring recipes this book is not a cookery book....Much more a lifestyle book. Who could fail to be inspired by the attitude to of Nigel.
So refreshing not to be the usual Cheffy type but someone who takes great pleasure in growing food and providing friends with such superb hospitality.

It has truly been a revelation and I am now going to look at what else he has written.

The Dessert Deli
The Dessert Deli
Price: 7.86

3.0 out of 5 stars The Dessert Deli, 1 May 2013
This review is from: The Dessert Deli (Kindle Edition)
To be honest I was,a little disappointed with this book. It's,well written and lovely pictures but there is nothing innovative about the recipes. They are all for very ordinary although we'll done nothing that you couldn't find in any basic cookbook.

A good basic book for anyone starting out.

Mincespiration!
Mincespiration!
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Mincespirational, 1 May 2013
This review is from: Mincespiration! (Kindle Edition)
I ordered this book for my kindle not having heard of Dean Edwards but interested in any new,takes on mince...a firm family favourite and economical ingredient.
I have been bowled over by the variety of the meals all quite simple but a long way from simple mince and tatties as you could get.
This cookbook will be one of the most used in my collection and will enthusiastically recommend it to all home cooks.

Home Bake
Home Bake
Price: 2.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Home bake, 30 April 2013
This review is from: Home Bake (Kindle Edition)
I have two of Eric Lanyards book now,and they are amazing. Exceptional but easy recipes giving very stylish and professional results. The photos make everything look mouth watering.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is passionate about good food
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2013 3:23 AM BST

Tart It Up!: Sweet and Savoury Tarts and Pies
Tart It Up!: Sweet and Savoury Tarts and Pies
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tart it up, 30 April 2013
Fantastic book. Very clear instructions for inspirational recipes with yummy twists. Lovely photos,so you can see,what you are aiming for.
I would recommend this book to all bakers. ....there isn't one recipe that doesn't excite!

Mary Berry at Home
Mary Berry at Home
Price: 8.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Mary Berry at Home, 25 April 2013
Amazing book.Mary never fails to inspire yet make superb family meals seem so easy. Love it and will be buying it for friends and family.

How to Bake
How to Bake
Price: 4.75

5.0 out of 5 stars How to bake, 25 April 2013
This review is from: How to Bake (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely fab book can't wait to start on the recipes
Easy to understand and I would recommend it to.anyone who wants to bake.