Profile for S. Miles > Reviews

Experience: Expanded: Remixes & B-Sides
Experience: Expanded: Remixes & B-Sides
Offered by The Music Warehouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Where's the missing track????, 24 Feb. 2011
I got this album the day it came out (the origional version)
And I was lucky enough to also obtain another copy from a friend who was a promoter for XL Recordings.
The first few hundred or so copies of the album had a track on it called "Rip up the sound system" in place of the track "Death of the Prodigy dancers - (Live)(Check the sleve notes on the album, gives credit to Simone for her vocals on this track)
So you would think with a re-issue of this album, Rip up the sound system would have been included?!?! But No... Never mind.Hench my low rating.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2015 6:27 PM GMT

Art of Acid: Mixed by Justin Robertson
Art of Acid: Mixed by Justin Robertson

1.0 out of 5 stars Acid??? Not quite, 5 Oct. 2008
I lived through the 1988 summer of love and the whole acid movement... I am a recording artist & D.J.
I was recording my own acid house tracks this year, and I can say... This Album is NOT 100 per cent acid!!!
Yep, there's a few on there, but the rest covers the early house/Jack spectrum of the dance scene.
And the remix CD. Well, if there was ever a way to kill a classic track, this CD Has done that with bells on!!!
I suggest next time someone puts out an album and has the nuts to call it "acid" check yer history first, most purists (like myself) remember acid as "4 to the floor" Roland TR909 Drum tracks With the TB 303 Sound married to it!!!
This album is weak and does not reflect the correct scene..nuff said.