Profile for Compte De Savin > Reviews

Content by Compte De Savin

Compte De Savin

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Huawei Y6 Case, FoneExpert® Premium Leather Flip Wallet Bag Case Cover For Huawei Y6 (Brown)
Offered by FoneExpert EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Case. Good Value., 13 May 2016
Good looking and fairly robust product for the money. Does the job. No complaints.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Plus Deleted Scenes)
Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Plus Deleted Scenes)
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Had been better had 'The Force' remained fast asleep., 28 April 2016
Unfortunately, bought this unintentionally. Anyway, not a patch on the original. All American 'kick ass' rubbish with the usual tedious obsession with guns,guns and more guns. Predictably clever, but now mind numbingly familiar CGI, which, since being used to demean Tolkien's great work, effectively destroys the real essence of great film making and good acting. If I didn't feel obliged to watch it having wasted nearly fourteen pounds on the purchase price, I would certainly never have bothered with this awful movie.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective cure for itchy crotch (male!)., 25 Mar. 2016
It works well.

The Angry Red Planet
The Angry Red Planet
Dvd

2.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling for the faint hearted! Worth viewing., 25 Mar. 2016
I remember watching this film at a small cinema near Hastings with my father in 1962. I'm sure I enjoyed it,although my critical senses were still developing . My father endured it and we left the cinema, for my own part somewhat awestruck and my pater's, somewhat indifferent, I guess.
It was worth watching again after a period of almost 55 years, if only to try and recall the imagery and special effects, which impressed me then with my reactions today.
For a delightful and quite imaginative piece of early (though not that early) science fiction, it's still watchable, even though the script, plot and characters lack depth and it's all a bit naive and melodramatic. The special effects are fun and actually quite creative,although the red tint, which dominates the scenes set on the Martian landscape can become visually tedious and a bit of a strain. Otherwise, I would recommend, if only for a taste of early sixties, fantasy cinema.
Comment Comment | Permalink

JewelryWe Fashion Classic White Dial Watches Mens Black Leather Strap Quartz Wrist Watch
Offered by JewelryWe Jewellery

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch. Superbly simple, stylish and fashionable., 27 Feb. 2016
Another amazing watch: stylish, beautiful rose gold effect case; attractive strap and generously presented in a small, velvety pouch. I love the design, which is simple, clear, understated and functional. Keeping perfect time. Arrived within three days!!

XT-XINTE Man's Vintage PU Leather Band Quartz Wrist Watch Color Black
XT-XINTE Man's Vintage PU Leather Band Quartz Wrist Watch Color Black
Offered by XINTE

4.0 out of 5 stars Striking design. Perfect timekeeper., 27 Feb. 2016
Great product. Very simple but striking face; immaculate case and strap. The plastic film placed on the back and crystal was something unexpected for such a low cost product. Timekeeping faultless. My only negative comment is that the hour hand is black with a red stripe : this makes viewing difficult in a strong or low light. Otherwise, more than satisfied.

4 Compatible C/M/Y Set of 3 Canon CLI-551 Colour Printer Ink Cartridges (12 Inks) - Cyan / Magenta / Yellow for Canon Pixma iP7250, iP8750, iX6850, MG5450, MG5550, MG5650, MG6350, MG6450, MG6650, MG7150, MG7550, MX725, MX925
Offered by Go Inks

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product. Does the job., 13 Feb. 2016
Have used these inks before and been very happy with quality and compatibility.
Much of my printing is high quality photographic work, and being able to rely on this excellent product has reduced cost and increased the pleasure.

A Hole in my Heart
A Hole in my Heart

1.0 out of 5 stars Watchable, but not enjoyable., 5 Feb. 2016
This review is from: A Hole in my Heart (Amazon Video)
I'm afraid, as pre-warned, this film is not for the squeamish. I couldn't say I enjoyed it or would recommend it. I'm still wondering why I selected it for viewing!?. If it's titillation/ cheap thrills your after - don't watch this. If on the other hand you need to be reminded of the emptiness, cruelty and utterly de-humanising aspects surrounding sexual exploitation and the pursuit of the ultimate sexual thrill/experience, then this film certainly helps to define this image. The actors were certainly convincing. Could they possibly have relished playing such difficult and demanding parts? I would imagine that the film and performances were as much experimental as they were career enhancing!

Don't Look Down
Don't Look Down

2.0 out of 5 stars Original and intriguing., 5 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Don't Look Down (Amazon Video)
Quite enjoyable on certain levels. The characters are sensitively played. The plot and storyline tend to move between originality and being a bit contrived, although there's a sensitivity and naivety, which is enjoyable and makes the film watchable.

Piano Concerto, Piano Sonatas Nos. 1 And 2 (Ogdon)
Piano Concerto, Piano Sonatas Nos. 1 And 2 (Ogdon)
Offered by Classical Connoisseur

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful music: inspiring and uplifting., 25 Jan. 2016
I really enjoyed these performances by John Ogden - the piano concerto in particular. The recording is a little dry, but the detail and nuance more than acceptable. Tippett's music can be so uplifting: it pulsates with energy and a love and exuberance for life that is infectious. I find that it helps me to cope with this often, less than joyful world.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5