Profile for Mrs. M. Gimferrer Quintana > Reviews

Content by Mrs. M. Gimfer...

Mrs. M. Gimferrer Quintana "Montserrat"

WAYFARER READING GLASSES BLACK +1.5 RETRO NOW BIG PROMOTION BRAND 4SOLD (brown +1.5)
Offered by 4sold

5.0 out of 5 stars Item as discribed, 19 Mar 2014
Very good price and the grasses ar confortable, big and lovely. Very pleased, i will buy again if i loose this pair.

One Step Too Far
One Step Too Far

4.0 out of 5 stars It was a good read, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: One Step Too Far (Kindle Edition)
Some times as I read a book with parallel stories I tend to like one and pass quickly to the other that i don't seem to hooked to, this is not the case as there one main character but also we in the eyes of others surrounding Emily that are equally engaging. I read it in two sittings and I will browse more of her books when I finished reading Elizabteth Heynes new book. I liked it, it felt well written and made sense although it was a bit too far fetch it is a book that grips you all the way. 3 o 4 stars I settle for 4 because there is nothing I loved since Jo Nesbo last book.

El tango de la Guardia Vieja (Spanish Edition)
El tango de la Guardia Vieja (Spanish Edition)

2.0 out of 5 stars could have been better, 6 Aug 2013
Not as good as other books he previously wrote and a rather predictable story. Ending mediocre i hope his next book gets back into his previous form.

Phantom: A Harry Hole thriller (Oslo Sequence 7) (Harry Hole 9)
Phantom: A Harry Hole thriller (Oslo Sequence 7) (Harry Hole 9)
by Jo Nesbo

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best Harry Hole but enjoyable to read., 18 Mar 2012
It's an average Jo Nesbo book. Not nearly as good as The Leopard or The Snowman and maybe a la par with Headhunters. It's an *enjoyable* reading but the ending was and the whole plot just was too easy and disappointing to say the least.

I read it because I love Jo Nesbo's work but this is such a disappointment.

Into the Darkest Corner
Into the Darkest Corner
by Elizabeth Haynes

5.0 out of 5 stars What a book !!, 9 Sep 2011
I just finished it. 2 days ! Lie, I started and I didn't get into the swing for the first 5 pages as the times go back and forth but once I was settle into it I simply could not stop reading it. The whole book feels like it has been written in one go and you into the motions with the author and characters all the way through. I felt almost every single fear, every single paranoia and every single heart beat of it.

It's powerful, very well written and so fluent that you forget you are reading a book, the phrases keep flowing like your own feelings so you become part of it, it's so engaging. Not so much about a *who dunnit* kinda book that you wanna read to see the ending but how everything turns out while enjoying the ride (if you know what I mean) and by the end I felt in two ways. I understood the ending but I think after such a powerful read nothing really can match the feeling and it's a hard thing to do. The obvious ending would not have made the book any justice so I give her all the credit for it. The real ending felt a bit forced but fair or maybe I am just sad I have finished it :_(

Ms Haynes is extremely talented and I hope we can enjoy many more books from her. I hope we don't have to wait too long though. I can't remember last time I felt so engaged with a book and now I have no idea what to read next :).

Thank you so much for the book Ms Haynes !

Sharp Objects
Sharp Objects
by Gillian Flynn

4.0 out of 5 stars sharp!, 23 Oct 2009
This review is from: Sharp Objects (Paperback)
I read this after I was totally taken away by her second book "Dark Places" (which is absolutely brilliant) and I like this book, I like the way she writtes about charachters that are nor good or bad and the dark we all have in us. the clarity she has, how sharp and brutal she can be and never tried to please, she writes a lot more than a crime novel a lot more than a cop or a reported (supposed to be te goddies) looking for a serial killer

Maybe this book is a bit weaker than Dark Places in my humble opinion but this is only her first. Took me a while to get into the book and and I felt that onkly from the middle till the end is were the book really took off and Flyyn was the master of a great writting. I think she then trnslated all that talent into her second book.

Well I just cannot wait to read her thrid! I love a crime and thrillers but even more so that the charachters are also dark themselves, honest, confused, good and bad as well. She has so much humanity packed in her book Just love her.

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest
by Stieg Larsson

5.0 out of 5 stars what a trilogy that was!, 23 Oct 2009
When I was told this would be a Trilogy after reading the first book, I just could not wait for the second and thrisd book and thinking that after high expectations I was about to be disappointed but hell no!! I just love the three book from page one to the last and It's a shame Larsson is not longer with us.

When I read the Lost Symbol that came out at similar time I finished the book and forgot all about it, this one is just soooo sooooo refreshing, cool, thrilling, disturbing, unexpected, Salander is Top Notch chick! yeah! and btw....the films are just equally good :)

Unmissable!

Dark Places
Dark Places
by Gillian Flynn

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully raw and rough., 19 Sep 2009
This review is from: Dark Places (Hardcover)
What I loved about this book was the ability of Gillian to write without cliches, full on and head on through Libby's life, inside her mind as well as thoughts and sincere feelings. Flynn's book is so engagig, honest and disarming that if you like thrillers and crime novels this is by far one of the best I have read in ages, because is , like many have said, it delivers more than that, is has humanity on it that this book won't be one of those that you forget as soon as you finish it, stays with you, makes you think, makes you feel the way she feels, the whole family feels.

The plot is written through Libby's eyes but also involves the rest of the familly and little by little you discover them, one by one, you never guess the ending, I didn't, at the end it didn't really matter that much as it was a great Journey for me to read it, although all gets tied up and it had a closure.

Has been much much better than The Lost Symbol (Dan Brown) that I finished just a couple of days a go and I forgot all about it.

Read it.

Philips TRESemmé HP4891/07 Salon Pro Ceramic Hairdryer - Ionic
Philips TRESemmé HP4891/07 Salon Pro Ceramic Hairdryer - Ionic

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 18 Sep 2007
the best hair dryer I have used ! leaves my hair lovely ! it's fast and all the features are easy to use. The only thing I find is that is a bit too big but it's also light weight and the noice is very very little compared to some in the market. I would recomended to anyone!

Tokyo Drifter [DVD]
Tokyo Drifter [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tetsuya Watari

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely unmissable, 9 April 2002
This review is from: Tokyo Drifter [DVD] (DVD)
Seijun Suzuki's definitive masterpiece, a unique meld of genre movie, stylistic invention and gruelling extremity that infects your life like no 'noir' this side of Poni Black. A hitman movie that transcend its own cool and burns up your screen ecry time you see it-clearly an inspiration for John Woo and takshi Kitano, but way ahead of either. Absolutely unmissable!!