Profile for E Harris > Reviews

Content by E Harris

E Harris (Northumberland, England)

Commando: Winning World War II Behind Enemy Lines
Commando: Winning World War II Behind Enemy Lines
by James Owen

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off by the newspaper article!, 19 Dec. 2012
An excellent read! Not such a different 'slant' on what went on back then as my parents told me some of the 'negative' thoughts of others as well as the mainly 'positive' thoughts of the population regarding the Commandos. The author commends the bravery of those brave, daring men - it's a darned good book.

March Past
March Past
by Simon Lovat

5.0 out of 5 stars A Grand Book, 19 Dec. 2012
This review is from: March Past (Hardcover)
My Dad, No 4 Commando, thought the world of Lord Lovat so this was a 'must' for me. It was great to read about what made the author the man he was, and what he thought of his men ... although dad had already told me - the respect was a two-way thing. Excellent book.

When Shall Their Glory Fade?: The Stories of the Thirty Eight Battle Honours of the Army Commandos
by James Dunning

5.0 out of 5 stars Never, is the answer!, 19 Dec. 2012
Another great book by James Dunning - I'm up to the Normandy Landings. My dad was in No 4 Commando, as was the Author, therefore his books are extra-special.

Bertie Plays The Blues: 44 Scotland Street (44 Scotland Street 7)
Bertie Plays The Blues: 44 Scotland Street (44 Scotland Street 7)
by Alexander McCall Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Could this be the end?, 31 Jan. 2012
Another wonderful insight into the lives of all our dear 'friends' in and around Scotland Street.

However, my chin was almost hitting the floor by the time I got to the last page. Loose ends had been tied, characters set to live happily ever after (even Bruce in a solitary, busy way)... is this the last one?

If you haven't read any of these books and you're thinking about starting at the beginning .... lucky you - you have several treats in store!

Past-it Notes
Past-it Notes
by Maureen Lipman

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it and weep - with joy!, 9 April 2010
This review is from: Past-it Notes (Hardcover)
I didn't buy this first time round as I thought it was just a re-hash of other books. Finally decided to buy it and boy, was I wrong. It's great, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Buy it - you won't be disappointed!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Mouse Repeller, 30 Jan. 2010
The item arrived too late to save the mice - quick action was necessary. It snowed again last night so I will switch it back on and hope it stops any more from making themselves 'at home'.

Guitar Hero 5 - Guitar Bundle (PS2)
Guitar Hero 5 - Guitar Bundle (PS2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Guitar Hero 5, 18 Oct. 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I bought Guitar Hero for my 15 year old daughter - she's having a lot of fun with it, as are her mates.

Was delighted with the extremely fast delivery from Amazon.