Profile for Triona Keating > Reviews

Content by Triona Keating

Triona Keating (Cork, Ireland)

Scotland (Alastair Sawday's Special Places to Stay Scotland)
Scotland (Alastair Sawday's Special Places to Stay Scotland)
by Alastair Sawday

5.0 out of 5 stars Another little gem from Sawdays, 3 Dec 2008
Having visited Scotland many times before this book is definitely making me want to go back again. I loved the size of the book; it is one that you can slip into your pocket while on your travels.
There are many amazing places to stay, names of some I was not able to pronounce but the descriptions conjured up images of peace and tranquility. Like Taigh Na Cille, which is an old converted church that does not have TV, as you are too remote......., pure bliss and a complete switch off. As for Forter Castle, how fab would New Years celebration be there.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2009 4:25 PM GMT

Italy Special Places to Stay (Alastair Sawday's Special Places to Stay)
Italy Special Places to Stay (Alastair Sawday's Special Places to Stay)
by Alastair Sawday

5.0 out of 5 stars Sawdays Shines again, 13 April 2008
Since I was introduced to Alastair Sawday's books & website about 2 years ago I have never looked back. As per previous publications 'Italy' did not fail to live up to its title of 'Special Places'. I have spent a number of evenings traveling, in my mind, through the wonderful countryside, city & coast of Italy with Sawdays as my guide.

Sawday's is just wonderful as it gives you a very informed idea of each place and depending on what you are looking for there is always something to please. As always the book is perfectly laid out and very easy to use - it was also great to see the green emphasis of the book. I have recommended Sawday's to family & friends and will continue to do so.

Italy was always on my short list for our honeymoon and the Sawday's book has now pushed it right to the top - it will be the perfect accompaniment to us planning our 'special' holiday. I believe that our only problem now will be short-listing where to stay!!!

Well done on capturing the charm & beauty of Italy.