Profile for Grimsbay > Reviews

Content by Grimsbay

Grimsbay

Waking Up: Searching for Spirituality Without Religion
Waking Up: Searching for Spirituality Without Religion

5.0 out of 5 stars Sam Harris is a very intelligent man and has had many experiences in his life ..., 25 Jan. 2015
Its a very explicit book on how to achieve consciousness by meditation I found it hard going but I understood in the end.Sam Harris is a very intelligent man and has had many experiences in his life I also listen to his podcast on the same subject and that was helpful to to understand how to meditate as he talks you through, I find him to be a most enlightened person.

Here Be Dragons
Here Be Dragons

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Here Be Dragons (Kindle Edition)
Great writer she take you back in time and makes it an adventure, giving you insight into history

Witch Wraith: Book 3 of The Dark Legacy of Shannara
Witch Wraith: Book 3 of The Dark Legacy of Shannara

5.0 out of 5 stars Inthrolled, 4 Oct. 2013
I am still reading this book and by far one of his best the story takes you to far and wide and into the bowls of Shannara great adventure a must read

Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy)
Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Jan. 2013
I have read the fist two of this trilogy and this was just as good a great follow up and end well written

Catching Fire
Catching Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 11 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Catching Fire (Kindle Edition)
I just loved this book the story line was gripping a great follow up for the first a must read

Staedtler Noris Club 326 WP20 Fibre Tip Pen In Wallet - 20 Assorted Colours
Staedtler Noris Club 326 WP20 Fibre Tip Pen In Wallet - 20 Assorted Colours
Offered by K Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars great item very pleased, 11 Jan. 2013
My grandson thought they were great and enjoyed using them great colours and the tips were just right for fine work

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hunger Games, 8 Nov. 2012
I enjoyed this book it was a gripping story original and very well written. she takes you into a world of adventure fear and the unknown. The books central character is a young teenage girl with a wonderful sense of survival and a naive outlook as she has to survive the horrors of The Hunger Games. A must read I am now on the second book of this trilogy and I am just as enthralled with this one it is called Catching Fire. the last book well can't wait.Mockingjay (part III of The Hunger Games Trilogy) The Hunger GamesCatching Fire (Hunger Games, Book 2)

Edge of Nowhere (FIRE & ICE Series)
Edge of Nowhere (FIRE & ICE Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Edge of Nowhere, 17 April 2012
This was just as I would expect from Michael Ridpath, mysterious and descriptive on that wonderful Iceland loved this book as I did his others a good read. He has strong characters and great landscapes.It was to short I would have like it to continue a bit longer.

Children's World Atlas
Children's World Atlas
by DK

5.0 out of 5 stars The World at your Finger tips., 25 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Children's World Atlas (Hardcover)
I bought this Atlas for my grandson's birthday he was delighted with it, it was easy to understand and gave you all the information you would need for any school project. The Quality was excellent and also the subject matter. Very please with this book.

The Word And The Void Omnibus (Word & the Void)
The Word And The Void Omnibus (Word & the Void)
by Terry Brooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Enthralling, 6 Mar. 2011
I have read a few of Terry Brooks books but this is the beginning of the Shannara series, I chose this so I could start at the beginning and he has not let me down the book begins in an ordinary town in the middle of a summer heat wave the characters have a intriguing and secretive life, one cannot put the book down, he pulls you into the plots and builds up your expectation. I have not finished this book yet but I am looking forward to the next in the amazing story of the survival of the humans and the rise of the elfin people. If you are into having adventure, drama, magic and wonder this is the book for you which will take you into the new and exciting realms of an other dimension.The Word and The Void is the beginning of a great adventure. I recommend this book to start you on your way as Terry Brooks colours your inner world with intrigue and wonder.