Profile for Celia Kimberley > Reviews

Celia Kimberley

Breathing Out
Breathing Out
by Karen Hockney

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved reading "Breathing Out" by Karen Hockney, 3 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Breathing Out (Paperback)
Karen explains the great shock at finding out she has breast cancer, particularly, as she is slim, exercises a lot, does not eat junk food, or meat and does not smoke.
We are then taken on a journey, where she deals with the operation, chemotherapy and radiation treatment. Her interaction with her lovely family, her tiredness and her wigs!
She lives in the beautiful South of France and meets up with her friends for chats and swims in the sea with them to lift her. It is both touching and amusing. One minute I have tears in my eyes the next minute I am laughing.
Her strong positive attitude and sunny spirit shines through like a bright shining star, so much so, I could not put this book down.
I was there with her in the good times and the bad, until eventually the positive, funny, strong, beautiful girl pulls through to run, cycle and laugh with her family and friends...and to breath and enjoy life. The last paragraph of each Chapter... "And Breath" gives valuable tips and information, and makes the reader stop! think! breath! and take it all in, in a calming way. I loved reading this book and I am sure you will too.