Profile for Ell > Reviews

Philomena [DVD]
Philomena [DVD]
Dvd ~ Judi Dench
Price: 7.00

2.0 out of 5 stars I read the book, then watched this... disappointing., 22 April 2014
This review is from: Philomena [DVD] (DVD)
I'm always ready to accept that books and films of the same are often very different, and consequently watch/read with an open mind. Unfortunately this is a very disappointing result, not because it takes a different direction to the book, but because it felt too 'Hollywood'... some scenes were too contrived and far from the natural storytelling that it should have been; I cringed many times and felt it didn't do the story justice. The book is interesting, but is predominantly about the Son's life, with snippets about Philomena... I cried several times, connecting in a way that I didn't get from the film.

uni-ball Posca Ultra Fine Bullet Tip Marker - Black
uni-ball Posca Ultra Fine Bullet Tip Marker - Black
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, 15 Oct 2013
I was looking for a thin fabric pen to put dots on linen. It's perfect, didn't bleed and easy to use - no need for messy fabric paint and tools. Very pleased and as expected, a very good 'Uni' pen.

For reference - instructions for use are to be found on the pen barrel; pens of this type need the 'up & down' motion on the nib to open the flow - similar to those christmas metallic ink pens with metal barrel!!!

Miranda - Series 1-2 [DVD]
Miranda - Series 1-2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Miranda Hart
Price: 27.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Do I need to add a review? Oh go on..., 30 Sep 2013
This review is from: Miranda - Series 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)
I love the 'Miranda' series, and long may her comedic antics continue! A a refreshing comedian with a hilarious take on life's happenings! Such fun!

East of India Sticker Sheet - Christmas Words
East of India Sticker Sheet - Christmas Words
Offered by RSQO
Price: 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, 30 Sep 2013
A gorgeous 'East of India' product! Good quality stickers, I love the text and can't wait to use them.
Versatile - gift wrapping, cards, envelopes, scrapbooking, altered art, etc. ;)

Love to Sew: Mug Rugs
Love to Sew: Mug Rugs
by Christa Rolf
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab little book!, 30 Sep 2013
This review is from: Love to Sew: Mug Rugs (Paperback)
A good introduction to mug rugs - a small book with some lovely ideas.

I find most designs inspirational, and they are accompanied by information on how to produce them.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 30 Sep 2013
Great - the design is smart and chic compared to the old fashioned boxes I've seen in SO many places.
I wanted to update my old cantilever sewing box as I didn't like the fact you couldn't see and access everything easily in the fold out drawers, this does the job! I like that you have two layers to see your items clearly; a tray overlays a larger compartment below. It fits quite a lot of stuff - I have two large scissors, rotary cutter, smaller scissors, threads, several small boxes, tape measure, needle case and few other bits.
The colour is a lovely bright red, and the 'Make do and Mend' is embroidered into the top face of the lid. I didn't want a floral box and polka dots are so me!!! Very happy with my new sewing box.

Heat'n Bond High Loft Iron-On Fusible Fleece-White 20"X36"
Heat'n Bond High Loft Iron-On Fusible Fleece-White 20"X36"
Offered by Barnyarns
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fab 'Heat 'n' Bond Product!, 30 Sep 2013
I've previously used Heat 'n' Bond products with success and this is another great buy! It does the job and I loved the quality. Would re-order and recommend the product.

HeatnBond FeatherLite 43cm (17") x 1m (One Metre)
HeatnBond FeatherLite 43cm (17") x 1m (One Metre)
Offered by Barnyarns
Price: 3.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, 30 Sep 2013
Does what it should and easy to use for light materials. Very pleased! Would re-order and recommend the product... so glad to have found it!

Sew-Easy Patchwork Ruler 60cm x 16cm
Sew-Easy Patchwork Ruler 60cm x 16cm
Offered by Pandoras Upholstery
Price: 14.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Serves a purpose!, 30 Sep 2013
Does what is says it does!!! Very pleased with the quality and measurement marks are clear and easy to read.

Crafting Christmas Gifts: 25 Adorable Projects Featuring Angels, Snowmen, Reindeer and Other Yuletide Favourites
by Tone Finnanger
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Festive Delights!, 30 Sep 2013
Beautiful projects! All that I would be happy to attempt, and that I feel have a place in the home or for gifts.

I was wondering what the other Tone Finnanger Christmas book was like, and whether or not to purchase it. However, having seen it on TV the projects look the same, and it also seemed less comprehensive.
I'm very happy with this purchase, and would recommend if you don't have a 'Tilda' Christmas themed book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5