Profile for R. MCCANN > Reviews

Content by R. MCCANN

R. MCCANN (Wimbledon, UK)

Rubber Coney Lighter With Flame Lock, Windproof Lighter, Electronic Lighter, Refillable Lighter, Jet Lighter, Gas Lighter, Turbo Lighter, Blowtorch Lighter, Transparent Lighter, See Through Lighter, Clear Lighter,
Offered by Schmoking Hot Deals 4 U

Organic Homme 5 Cool Style Shower Wash (125ml)
Organic Homme 5 Cool Style Shower Wash (125ml)
Offered by All Mall Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive and doesn't last long, 25 July 2014
Really nice smell and good quality but these bottles are expensive and never last long at all which is why I can only give it 3 stars. Unless money isn't an issue, you need a new one too often for this to be your regular shower gel.

Grill Brush Pro
Grill Brush Pro
Offered by Essential Outdoor Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 25 July 2014
This review is from: Grill Brush Pro
Perfect little brush for the bbq. These things never last long, either due to grease/dirt build up or wires getting flattened, so a smaller and cost-effective option makes great sense. I'm really impressed and will definitely get another one when this one runs out.

Lily's Kitchen Adult Chicken & Duck Complete Dry Food for Dogs 7kg
Lily's Kitchen Adult Chicken & Duck Complete Dry Food for Dogs 7kg
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for my Vizsla, 25 July 2014
Best dog food brand that we've had for our very fussy and intolerant vizsla (she has reacted badly to all the standard brands, and of the ones she is ok with, this is the only one that she loves). Really good quality, highly recommended

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but £££, 25 July 2014
Really like it. Smells good, easy to use, easy to get out. It is expensive though!

Label M Texture Wax Stick 40 ml
Label M Texture Wax Stick 40 ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 25 July 2014
This is a "wet" hair wax, so your hair looks wet when it's applied, which is not the more natural look I prefer and this wasn't clear to me before ordering this product. It's also a little stubborn to get out with shampoo after use. I'm really disappointed with it and would not recommend.

Understanding Trauma: A Psychoanalytical Approach (Tavistock Clinic) (The Tavistock Clinic Series)
by Caroline Garland

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective psychodynamic approach to Trauma, 13 April 2014
For those researching Trauma from a psychodynamic perspective this is a great collection of insights, and Garlands chapter at the beginning is probably the stand out for me. Deep experience meets psychodynamic theory and personal insight. Like most of the Tavistock series, Recommended!

The Analytic Experience: Lectures from the Tavistock
The Analytic Experience: Lectures from the Tavistock
by Neville Symington

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect guide, 24 Jan. 2014
Symington has been the perfect guide for me this year as I have been introduced to psychodynamic therapy and counselling. His accessible and insightful summaries of all the major thinkers have enabled me to get into the often dense and heavy writings of the thinkers themselves with a good sense of where they're coming from. I also find originality in Symington's thinking, and have quoted him in all my assignments so far. For those getting into the field of psychoanalytic, psychotherapeutic or psychodynamic approaches, Symington is going to be hard to beat.

Barcelona & Catalonia (DK Eyewitness Travel Guides)
Barcelona & Catalonia (DK Eyewitness Travel Guides)
by Roger Williams
Edition: Flexibound

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok, 9 Jun. 2007
We used this for a day visit to Barcelona and didnt find it to be amazing. It was definitely not the most user friendly of travel guides, lacking in cross-referencing and as with some other guides I have used (namely Michelin), it suffered from insufficiently detailed maps. Another main issue is that while the title ("Barcelona & Catalonia"), indicates coverage of the Catalonia area. It does this to some extent, but not sufficiently which means you either need a separate guide for the wider area or make do with a limited view.

On the upside it covered most of the main attractions, and its attempts to give the reader an informed view of what to see from more than the average tourist perspective are commendable. Its also not too big, and has some good history and useful contextual information.

Overall I think its on the right lines, but could be improved significantly. I would guess that there are better alternatives out there.

Languedoc Roussillon Tarn Gorges Green Guide (Michelin Green Guides)
Languedoc Roussillon Tarn Gorges Green Guide (Michelin Green Guides)
by Gwen Cannon

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 9 Jun. 2007
I recently visited Languedoc Roussillon with my wife for a week in May 07 and we used this as our guide. Overall I found it to be very disappointing. Mainly I felt it lacked detail about key places, and also missed out on useful directions. It also suffered from having no driving maps. And I didnt really feel that it got right into the middle of what to see from anything other than a high-level tourists perspective.

I usually go with Rough Guides, Fodors or Lonely Planet. In this case none of these were available for this specific region that were in date (just missed the updated Rough Guide for the region, due out end of June 07), and it did prove to be costly. My summary would be take it if there's nothing else, but if there's a suitable alternative go for it. I dont think I would buy a Michelin guide again . . .