Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Hadrian's Wall Path
by Gordon Simm
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Hadrian's Wall Path - Gordon Simm, 22 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Hadrian's Wall Path (Spiral-bound)
I bought this as a birthday present for someone who is walking Hadrian's Wall. From what I could see, it looked like and excellent guide with a spiral spine which can be folded back on itself each day that one walks the Wall. It is in colour with interesting facts along the way. It is not too large and with the correct size pocket could probably fit into a walking trouser pocket or similar. It looked good to me but I have not used it from experience....the choice is yours!

An Archaeological Guide to Walking Hadrian's Wall from Bowness-on-Solway to Wallsend (West to East) (Per Lineam Valli Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars An Archaeological Guide to Hadrian's Wall, 22 Jun. 2015
It's a pity I could only get this book on Kindle but that doesn't detract from this excellent account of Hadrian's Wall. I loved the way M.C.Bishop explained the archaeological aspect of the Wall. As I am not an archaeologist, I welcomed the guide put simply but also enabled me to increase my knowledge and history of this monument. I used the guide each day from Kindle and was able to follow it easily. M.C. Bishop also included his particular brand of humour which left me smiling each day.
I would recommend this book to anyone who, like me, knows a little about Hadrian's Wall but when walking needs to be not too overloaded with facts, just enough to add to previous knowledge and undersatnding.

Hadrian's Wall Path: Walking into History (Woman on Her Way Book 2)
Hadrian's Wall Path: Walking into History (Woman on Her Way Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle..Hadrians Wall...Jane V. Blanchard, 22 Jun. 2015
I have just walked Hadrians Wall and I really liked this journal of Jane V. Blanchards. I found it easy to relate to as seen by a visitor from the U.S.. She describes the walk in easy terms without being too technical about the Wall. Easy to follow both before I set off on my travels and also as I was walking it. This was as I had hoped. The Kindle price was definitely good value.

DG Womens Ladies Designer Large Vintage Black-Gold Sunglasses & Free Pouch DG485
Offered by Europe Fashions

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Large Sunglasses!, 22 Jun. 2015
I haven't seen these as they were a present for my granddaughter who lives abroad. She tells me that they are VERY large so I am not sure if she will wear them. Personal preference on this one.

The Great White Silence / 90 Degrees South (DVD + Blu-ray) [1924]
The Great White Silence / 90 Degrees South (DVD + Blu-ray) [1924]
Dvd ~ Captain Robert Falcon Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars The Great White Silence...superb1, 22 Jun. 2015
Excellent footage of such an historical event. Everything I expected...and more. Will watch this again and again.

LEGO Technic 42022: Hot Rod
LEGO Technic 42022: Hot Rod

5.0 out of 5 stars Birthday present.., 19 May 2015
This review is from: LEGO Technic 42022: Hot Rod (Toy)
I bought this as a present for my 10 year old grandson and did not see the item. However, he tells me that he loved it and also sent me a photo of himself with the completed item the same day.He had a big smile so I guess that is success?!?!

Burial Rites
Burial Rites

5.0 out of 5 stars Burial Rites...a good read., 11 May 2015
This review is from: Burial Rites (Kindle Edition)
I liked this book. Hannah Kent developed this novel from an unusual angle. I understand that while in Iceland, Kent questioned a burial mound situated in an isolated spot. The legend was explained and from that an intriguing tale was wound around it. Kent clearly has an affinity with the country which is evident in her descriptions of the landscape, its people and the atmosphere which is skilfully created. I would recommend this novel to anyone who is interested in reading about the very different lifestyle of the northern hemisphere cleverly intertwined with the lives of its inhabitants.

Little Women
Little Women

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Women, 8 May 2015
This review is from: Little Women (Kindle Edition)
I have loved this classic. I thought I would recommend it to my 14 year old granddaughter who lives in Spain. No need! She had already read it and thoroughly enjoyed it!

ASPEN LIGHTWEIGHT TRAVEL TOP ZIP XBODY ORGANISER HANDBAG CN2841 FAB COLOURS ! (Black)
Offered by David Viggers Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Aspen Organiser, 8 May 2015
I already have one of these bags which has been in pretty much constant use for about 3 years. It is still usable but I fancied one in black. My original one has proved really useful because it has many zip pockets which hold everything from my folding umbrella and e-reader to sandwiches, cleansing wipes for days out with my grandchildren and water bottles! Adjustable strap means I can use it across body for 'hands free' but it can be shortened easily for shoulder use.I use my bag on a daily basis, not just for travel. I also liked it because, when travelling by air for a long weekend, it is light enough to fit in with my cabin baggage but I still have a reasonable size bag to use on destination. I hope this new bag will prove to be as good as my original.

Large Bees Novelty Craft Buttons & Embellishments by Dress It Up
Large Bees Novelty Craft Buttons & Embellishments by Dress It Up
Offered by Novelty Craft Buttons 4u

5.0 out of 5 stars Bee Buttons, 17 April 2015
Exactly what I needed for the beehive teacosy I had made!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10