Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Large Bees Novelty Craft Buttons & Embellishments by Dress It Up
Large Bees Novelty Craft Buttons & Embellishments by Dress It Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Bee Buttons, 17 April 2015
Exactly what I needed for the beehive teacosy I had made!!

Karrimor X Lite Carbon Walking Poles Black/Grey -
Karrimor X Lite Carbon Walking Poles Black/Grey -
Offered by Sports Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, Strong, Easy to Adjust and Reduce Size., 9 Mar. 2015
I have already bought a pair of these poles and they lasted well...until last year when one saved me from falling all the way down a Fell!.. Sadly, one of them became bent but as I am off to The Lakes again this year, I have bought another pair (now I have a spare!). These poles are great value for money, they are light, comfortable, quick to adjust and release, and really quite strong when one's entire weight and that of a rucksack is not hanging from it on a Fell side! Thank you Poles for saving me from a worse fate.

Mary Poppins [DVD]
Mary Poppins [DVD]
Dvd ~ Julie Andrews

5.0 out of 5 stars Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!, 9 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Mary Poppins [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this to share with my 6 year old Grandson. We both loved it and have now viewed several times and can sing along to most of the songs. A lovely musical.

Far from the Madding Crowd
Far from the Madding Crowd

5.0 out of 5 stars A Thomas Hardy Classic, 9 Mar. 2015
A complete classic. I love all of Hardy's books and have read this one before many years ago and it was just a wonderful to revisit.

The Golem and the Djinni
The Golem and the Djinni

4.0 out of 5 stars A Magical Tale, 9 Mar. 2015
An unusual tale...magical and made me feel as though I was on a magic carpet throughout. There were points in the story when it was so gripping, I couldn't put it down. The twists and turns came thick and fast and for me, completely unexpected. Not my usual sort of read but recommended by the book club. Those who read it also gave an average of 4 to 4.5 stars.

Sleepyhead (Tom Thorne Novels Book 1)
Sleepyhead (Tom Thorne Novels Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleepyhead, 12 Feb. 2015
Loved it! Not read Mark Billingham before and needed to read a straight forward book after a particularly difficult novel.This was just the break I needed.Kept me page turning to the very end. Will look for more of these Tom Thorne books.If you like a mystery...this is for you

The President's Hat
The President's Hat

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, 5 Feb. 2015
I really enjoyed this book.I loved the concept of what can happen to missing articles. There must be many with interesting stories to tell. I felt amused,sad, happy, thoughtful and uplifted....and it was a quick read which was very welcome after I had just finished a long, difficult book and needed this book.

The Testament of Mary
The Testament of Mary

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice cover, 8 Dec. 2014
I didn't enjoy this at all. It was well written and certainly the emotions and thoughts of Mary was an unusual angle to reflect on Mary's life. However, I felt that she was cold, self centred and somewhat unfeeling about her son. I understand that Jesus had other brothers and sisters but Mary seemed to abandon all of them as well, in that they were never mentioned and she only thought of her own survival. I don't believe that Mary would have had those hard feelings against one of her children. I assumed that the men in charge of Mary were the disciples and she was afraid of them too. The book did nothing for me. Sorry.

Zoggs Tri Vision Mask Swimming Goggles White, Smoke Lens/White
Zoggs Tri Vision Mask Swimming Goggles White, Smoke Lens/White
Offered by Sweatband

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 8 Dec. 2014
I have bought these before which is why I have chosen them again. Excellent...no more 'goggle eyes' lasting several days!

Birdsong
Birdsong
by Sebastian Faulks

5.0 out of 5 stars A historical must!.., 8 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Birdsong (Paperback)
This book has changed my life! It is brilliantly written with so much detail of the First World War. I knew very little about 1914-18 as although my Grandfather was there fighting on the Front and his brother was killed in the last throes of 1918, no-one ever wished to talk about it. Of course, I have seen television footage and heard some stories, but for me, nothing can compare with the way Faulks documented it. Sometimes, I had to stop reading because the tears in my eyes created more than a little watery film. Sometimes, the descriptive passages of what it was actually like to live through trench warfare and the unbelievably harsh conditions, I had to stop reading because it was so graphic....(.nothing to what the fighting forces suffered). How has it changed my life? Firstly, I am more knowledgeable but it has encouraged me to research family history. I discovered that my great uncle, whose name I knew but who was a mere shadow in my imagination, has become part of that history. Thank you Sebastian Faulks. A brilliant book and one that I would recommend to everyone....if only to persuade others that war is not to be glorified or something to be taken lightly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9