Profile for Shell > Reviews

Content by Shell

Shell "Shell" (UK)

Steel Series Sims 4 Gaming Mouse (PC DVD)
Steel Series Sims 4 Gaming Mouse (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for The Sims 4 and web browsing!, 17 April 2015
Have been using this mouse for a few days now and I have to say I love it! The lights and buttons and programmable, and it glides smoothly around the mouse mat. Works well with The Sims 4, as expected, and the lights change according to the mood your Sim is currently in. Works straight out of the box by plugging into a USB port but you can also download the SteelSeries Engine to program the buttons for use outside of TS4 (one solid colour/fading to multiple colours etc). Swap between configurations by opening up the software and clicking on which configuration you want to use. Mouse is of a good size and has a durable plastic shell. All in all, a good buy, and I would recommend to others.

Turtle Beach XO One Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset - Xbox One
Turtle Beach XO One Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset - Xbox One

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product to give you the edge!, 29 Dec. 2014
Got these in a Boxing Day sale and am really pleased with them! They were easy to set up out of the box - connect included audio controller to base of Xbox controller, connect headset and then update your controller (which appears automatically once the headset is plugged in). In-game sound is crisp and the headset is very good at blocking out all other sounds from around you, so much so I have noticed sounds I have not noticed before in games I have been playing for over a year. The audio controller supplied now includes mic monitoring which allows you to hear your own voice through the headset. The game and chat volumes are easily adjusted (both as separate entities and as a master volume), and there are button options for bass boost - off/low/high and mic monitoring - off/low/high. Had no trouble in connecting the headset to the controller as other reviewers have mentioned, the key is to be as gentle as possible rather than to force the controller into place. Headset is comfortable for long periods of time, even when wearing glasses.

Highly recommend this product if you 1) want to improve your gaming as the headset definitely gives you the edge over others in multiplayer, 2) block out sounds from around you, and 3) block out game sounds for the people around you!

Classic British Comedies The DVD Board Game
Classic British Comedies The DVD Board Game
Offered by Golden Wheel

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, but thought there would be more comedies!, 29 Dec. 2014
My family enjoy British comedies and so we thought we'd give this a spin over Christmas - it didn't disappoint! Very simple concept - roll dice, either answer a question following a DVD clip (3 difficulties - observational/casual/expert) or from a card, and then move forwards if you answer correctly. Some of the questions (particularly on the cards) are very tricky which gave us a discussion point about characters/actors/series. The DVD clips made us laugh, but you have to make sure you concentrate because some questions are based purely upon what is said or can be seen in the clip. Even those who are unfamiliar with the comedies can play, as they can focus on the observational clips and can be propelled forwards (or backwards) using the comedy cards.

Overall, a fun game to play, but we were expecting a wider range of comedies to be included on the DVD. We're hopeful that another edition will be released, as this says 'volume 1' on the box.

Would recommend to those who enjoy older British comedies and enjoy games that don't need to be taken too seriously (unless you want to, of course)!

Dew Womens Sterling Silver and Freshwater Pearl Spiral Stud Earrings 38007FP
Dew Womens Sterling Silver and Freshwater Pearl Spiral Stud Earrings 38007FP

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful - perfect for a gift, 30 Aug. 2014
Beautiful, delicate earrings that were perfect as a gift. A single pearl in each earring surrounded by a spiral of silver. Highly recommend.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars I would avoid!, 30 Aug. 2014
I don't usually write reviews but felt I should, as this product has got so much high praise yet what I received was awful! The case doesn't even fit the phone; it's too short and therefore the holes for the ports are covered by plastic and the bottom of the phone itself isn't protected. The cover stuck to the back of the phone which left air bubbles underneath. I know you get what you pay for, and for me I was only going to use this case temporarily until I went out to a shop to buy a more expensive one. I didn't use the case for more than a few seconds. Waste of money!

ZedLabz polycarbonate crystal hard case cover shell for Nintendo 3DS XL (Old 2012 model) protective armour - clear
Offered by ZedLabz Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 2 July 2013
Having used this case for a week now, I have to say how impressed I am by it. On arrival the case was in 2 pieces, each covered in a sticky back plastic for protection. Once removed, the bottom part of the case easily clipped on to the bottom of the 3DS, followed by the top part, which also clipped into the hinges of the bottom part. The DS opens and closes with ease and all ports are easily accessible, meaning all leads, games and the stylus can be plugged in/stored without removing the case. The clear case has a glossy appearance and feel that does not hinder gameplay, but in fact is easy to hold on to. The case is light and not at all bulky. If you have a patterned DS the clear case is perfect to show it off, keeping it clean and unscratched. Having just dropped my DS down the stairs unintentionally, I believe the case may have saved the day, with not a single scratch present! Thank you for such a great value case :-)

Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 (1 PC, 1 Year subcription) (PC)
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 (1 PC, 1 Year subcription) (PC)
Offered by Accessory Land

1.0 out of 5 stars Caused more harm than good!, 12 Oct. 2012
I've been a loyal customer of Kaspersky for years now but this may change because of KIS 2013. After upgrading to the latest version and rebooting, my machine failed to start. Turns out the new software had caused part of my hard drive to become corrupted, which in turn caused the Blue Screen of Death. Windows was unable to restore the system automatically so I had to pay to send my laptop back to the manufacturer. Luckily they were able to sort it out and I have got my laptop back now, but there is no way I am installing KIS 2013 again.

Belkin N Wireless USB Adapter
Belkin N Wireless USB Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and speedy!, 26 April 2010
My old Belkin G+ wireless adapter decided to die on me last week (it has been used everyday for the last 3-4 years and in the end I think it just got too much and overheated) so I decided to 'upgrade' by purchasing an N speed one. The installation was extremely simple (my PC runs Vista) and you do not need to run the Belkin software utility if you prefer Windows to monitor the connection as I do. I simply plugged into my USB hub, Windows asked for the CD to install the drivers from, the WEP key for my network and there we go. Reconnected once again! In case anyone is wondering, I have BT Broadband and have not experienced any problems in the first few days of using the adapter. It is much, much quicker than my old G+ model and I would recommend it to anyone.

I looked around on different websites and found Amazon to be the cheapest price for this particular model so I'd suggest buying from here over anywhere else where it seems to be priced between £35-£40.

Bridget Jones 2: The Edge of Reason [DVD] [2004]
Bridget Jones 2: The Edge of Reason [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Renée Zellweger
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Comical!, 25 Feb. 2005
I would recommend this film to anyone who enjoyed the first Bridget Jones movie! I personally thought it wasn't as funny as the original but was definitely worth a night out with the girls! And, naturally, who wouldn't love a film with Hugh Grant starring in it? Oh and Colin Firth if you like him too.... So yea buy it, watch it and make up your own mind, some people loved it, some loathed it! I loved it!

A Pale View of Hills
A Pale View of Hills
by Kazuo Ishiguro

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read!, 28 Oct. 2004
This review is from: A Pale View of Hills (Paperback)
I'm studying The Remains of the Day at school at the moment and thought that by reading another of Ishiguro's novels, it would help me in my studies. I have just read the book from cover to cover in a couple of hours and found it quite inspiring. Although there is no end and the problems presented by the narrator of the story, Sachiko are not necessarily resolved it is a great book to focus on. With Ishiguro's work it is important to remember that what the characters don't say is just as important as what they do say. Unreliable narration is usually the key - the characters choose what they want to remember and so it is vital to think 'out of the box'.