Profile for Nicole > Reviews

Are You Afraid of the Dark? - The Complete Series 1 & 2 [1992] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Raine Pare-Coull
Price: 17.48

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not afraid of the Dark, 15 Sep 2011
Are You Afraid of the Dark? is a series that takes me back to my childhood of the 90's... With overacted performances and great storylines it's a fantastic series that captures childrens attention. I say overacted performances because sometimes more is what you want. I think the series is very enjoyable but some may be bored and think it tedious. Just a matter of getting lost in the story really. Out of the six or so characters who sit around the campfire, one tells a story each week and I think its a lovely idea for a children's club. The stories can be quite intimidating but not scary by todays standards... All in all I enjoy it, maybe you will to.

Are You Afraid of the Dark? - The Complete Series 3 & 4 [1994] [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the Dark, 15 Sep 2011

John Adams Skin Art
John Adams Skin Art

3.0 out of 5 stars Skin Art, 26 Jan 2010
This review is from: John Adams Skin Art (Toy)
The colours were basic and gives the end result a felt-tip look. The colours ran as soon as water touched them, the tattoos were few in number and it would have been nice if a black pen was included to do freehand designs with. It was okay, but the outcomes aren't anything like the pictures.

White to paint Male Face Mask
White to paint Male Face Mask
Offered by Joking Around
Price: 3.42

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to paint male face mask, 19 Mar 2009
I used the mask to recreate a design for a fancy dress party and after a few hours the poster paint flaked off - If mixing the paint with glue can work on glass then I'm sure it can work on plastic so I'll try that next. The mask could potentailly be a good educational tool - if used in school - to recreate drama masks etc

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Drawing on yourself, 19 Mar 2009
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The henna has a very strong smell and it doesn't last that long, but it can be used to create really good looking art on skin. I used it mainly on holiday to do some freestyle, self drawn tattoos. They came out wonderfully and I'm happy with the product. I did have to keep reapplying though. But it was worth it.

Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga)
Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Every fairytale needs an ending, 19 Mar 2009
The book dragged its feet in areas, but the journey that Edward and Bella have been making was wrapped up neatly in Meyer's last book. Was perhaps a little too fairytale like compared to the other books, but there's nothing wrong with a good old fashioned corny ending! Kudos to Stephanie!!

Swift Faringdon Collection Bakers Pride Non-Stick Heart Shape Cake Pan Carbon Steel  19 cm x 19 cm x 3.5 cm
Swift Faringdon Collection Bakers Pride Non-Stick Heart Shape Cake Pan Carbon Steel 19 cm x 19 cm x 3.5 cm
Offered by Emporium Cookshop & Homewares
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love is in the cake, 19 Mar 2009
I used the pan to russle up an anniversary cake - it came out beautifully shaped - i used the wrong chocolate so the cake didnt taste as good as they usually do - but there was nothing wrong with the way it looked! Excellent value for money - I'm going to get a lot of use out of this - delivery was fantastic as well - arrived the next day!

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2-Disc Collector's Edition) [DVD]
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2-Disc Collector's Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Barnes
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Out of this world, 19 Mar 2009
So much better than the first and so much better on dvd!! Brilliant, wonderfully captured on DVD, an awesome action adventure film!