Profile for cpa > Reviews

Proteam Clothes Airer, 3 Tier
Proteam Clothes Airer, 3 Tier
Offered by JMS Photos

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, pretty much as expected., 11 Oct. 2010
This is a very standard clothes airer, the kind you will find in pretty much every shop. The quality is as expected (not the best that money can buy, but very sturdy and more than good enough). The picture is quite accurate as well. There is really not many complains about it.

The Bro Code
The Bro Code
by Barney Stinson

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must have if you are a fan of the series and still quite good if you are not., 2 July 2010
This review is from: The Bro Code (Paperback)
Great book for fans of How I Met Your Mother and still very amusing even if you don't watch the show. It's a quick read, not a proper book but it's nice to have like a novelty item. The "Have a look inside" from Amazon can be a bit misleading though, since it only has the first few and last pages, which are the most text dense pages. Most pages have one short paragraph with big font size and maybe a subtitle with a quirky comment.

In conclusion, don't expect a proper book, but it is a GREAT present.

Nigella Lawson Espresso Cup/Saucer Set/4 Black
Nigella Lawson Espresso Cup/Saucer Set/4 Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice and stylish, 2 July 2010
I don't like to spend much money on these kind of things, but when I saw this nice set of 4 black espresso cups with plates I couldn't help myself to pay a little bit extra and get something stylish. The cups hold nicely 40ml espresso shots + sugar and look really nice. I don't know if I would ever used them as a saucer since they are not that big, but it's nice having the option if necessary. Even though it's advertised to hold 60ml, that would mean having liquid all the way to the top. Like I said before it's perfect for those 40ml shots + sugar if you want or 50ml shots then with no sugar.

5 x CD/ DVD Permanent Marker Pens
5 x CD/ DVD Permanent Marker Pens

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 2 July 2010
What can I say, great pens for the price. If you have complains for a set of pens (remember that it's not only 1 pen, but quite a few) for such a low price then you should go pass and buy something a little more expensive. I've been using mostly 2 pens (blue and green) in over a 100 DVDs now and still no sign of drying.

Samsung S2 500GB Portable USB 2.0 Hard Drive With Michael Jackson's "This Is It" Full Length Movie Pre-loaded - Limited Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars Supper tacky gold plated drive, but it does the job nicely, 2 July 2010
Main reason I bought this drive was the price, since with the discount it was cheaper than any good brand portable hard drive in Amazon or almost any online shop. Simple and clear. I looked for reviews for the Samsung S2 (since this is just the same drive with a gold plated front and a movie inside) and it seemed like a good drive that not many people seemed to have problems with (and a lot of hard drives, no matter how good, will have plenty of people on the internet saying that it died for them). So I was happy to save a few bucks in exchange of a gold drive.

I have had it for 2 months now and seems to work just as expected, but don't worry will update this if it dies or something happens to it (so, if there is no update, you can be sure that it's still working fine :).

The only con that I can think of is that is tacky as hell, but hey! you can see that yourself from the pictures and some people even seem to like it.

Good Food: Speedy Suppers: Triple-tested Recipes (GoodFood 101)
Good Food: Speedy Suppers: Triple-tested Recipes (GoodFood 101)
by Jane Hornby

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, but not as good as I expected., 2 July 2010
The main reason I'm rating this book 3 starts instead of anything higher is because I bough it after buying the "One pot recipes" from the same series and in comparison I was disappointed.

It does have some good recipes in there, no doubt about that, but a lot of them didn't look as nice. I was much happier with the other book recipies, even though the good ones took considerably longer, but a lot of them would still not take much longer than half an hour/45min.

There is also the fact that some recipes took me a bit longer than "listed", since most of the listed times seem to be taken from the moment that everything is prepared right in front of you to the point that it's just done. Meaning that if you have to go to the kitchen, cut the vegetables, prepare everything else and put the table it will take you A LOT longer. So if you are in a bit of a rush (or don't have that much time to cook due to other responsibilities) then cooking, no matter how quick it can be, will definitely take you much longer than preparing something already made or something easy that just goes from the freezer to the oven (since you can take care of things while it's being made).

It's still a good book and I would recommend it to students and user alike or for people that really don't have that much time (since cooking will always be healthier than ready-made meals).

ThermoCafé Stainless Steel Flask, 500 ml
ThermoCafé Stainless Steel Flask, 500 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good thermo, 2 July 2010
I must admit that I have not owned a therm before, so I wasn't 100% sure what to expect. I've used it to store coffee for really long library revision sessions at night and this therm has been capable to keep my coffee at a very good temperature through all-nighters. In fact it kept the coffee hot so well that if I wanted to have some during the first couple of hours I had to leave it in the top/cup to cool down for a bit.
To test it out the day that I got it I put just boiled water inside at night and checked in the morning. It stayed there for at least 10 to 12 hours and even though the water was probably not hot enough to make some tea it was hot enough that I could not keep my finger inside for more than a few seconds.

The bottle is taller than normal 0.5l water bottles, it has a total volume close to a 1l water bottle although the thickness is in-between a half a little and a little bottle, but you get the measurements from the details so there is no surprise there.

Bro on the Go
Bro on the Go
by Barney Stinson

3.0 out of 5 stars Get it if you are a fan, otherwise pass, 28 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Bro on the Go (Paperback)
I love the Bro Code, but it is also because I love How I Met Your Mother. I was excited to see this new version come out and at such a low price. It is a quick laugh, but it really doesn't take you more than 15min to go through the entire thing. One thing that I didn't like that much is that some of the entries were the same as the original and although it does have new funny entries I was hopping they were all new. Like I said in the title, if you love the show or want to give it somebody that does, get it; it is not more expensive than one of those overpriced cups of coffee.

Ceramic Coffee Cups on Stand
Ceramic Coffee Cups on Stand
Offered by AtHomia

4.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than a normal mug, but not by much, 28 Jun. 2010
I was looking for small cappuccino cups since my espresso machine dispenses 40ml espresso shots and a cappuccino is usually 1/3 espresso, 1/3 milk, 1/3 foam. There are other set of coffee mugs with the same design but smaller size but all reviewers keep saying that they were too small so I bough this set. I kind of wished I bought the other one though, since this one is bigger than desired for my size of cappuccino and too small for a double size cappuccino(or just right, if you fill it with foam all the way to the top, but then a normal mug does the job). Like said before the size is smaller than a normal mug but not by much. It is true that the handle is quite small, but I didn't find that a problem and you can probably see that from the picture anyway. The stand is pretty much what you see as well, is not the most stable thing in the world but does its job pretty well, no complains there.

Crumpler TBXL-002 Laptop Bag (Silver/Grey) 15"-17"
Crumpler TBXL-002 Laptop Bag (Silver/Grey) 15"-17"

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, you will not regret buying it, 28 Jun. 2010
I have to say that I was not aware of the Crumpler brand before, but after buying this laptop bag and checking their other products in shops I would definitely but this product again or any other product of their range. The bag was a really good price for the quality. I have a 15" laptop and I'm glad I bought this model instead of the 13"-15", since it would probably have been a bit cramped. My laptop has plenty of room in the bag but it is still tight enough so that it does not move around. In the other side of the bag you have plenty of space to place any laptop accessories you might have and even a thick book if you like to carry one around (perfect for travelling in a train since you not always get space on a table and reading a book is the best second option).

Page: 1 | 2