Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "friendlysanj" (Wallingford, Oxon)

Page: 1 | 2
Queen of Fire: Book 3 of Raven's Shadow
Queen of Fire: Book 3 of Raven's Shadow
by Anthony Ryan

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Bother, 8 Aug. 2015
Loved Blood Song as everyone did. Book 2 would have been good at half the length, but I got through it. Skim read book 3 from 20% to 78% and have just given up cause I realised I don't even care what happens at the end. Battle after description after battle with too many characters making it confusing . So disappointing. On a positive note, I really do like his style of writing.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap for a reason, 14 Sept. 2014
Broke within 3 months after very little use. Don't buy

Black Box
Black Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 1 April 2014
This review is from: Black Box (Kindle Edition)
It's been a few weeks since I read this one, but as another reviewer also said, my mind keeps returning to it.
Absolutely loved the short stories - wasn't too sure about the longer story at first, maybe because I liked the fact you could
get through the shorter ones in a single sitting which made them feel very self contained, but even scenes from that longer story
keep popping into my head - perhaps especially because of the source material as Pete explains in his foreword.

As a guitar player myself, I thought the Blues story was genius :)

My Life with Deth: Discovering Meaning in a Life of Rock & Roll
My Life with Deth: Discovering Meaning in a Life of Rock & Roll

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 7 Jan. 2014
I've read a few of the 'metal rock star of the 80s' biographies in the last couple of years and I generally love them - someone's life story with the cast of characters being your metal heroes of the 80s ... what could be better?

Out of all of them, this one had a real message for me.

I am not religious in any way and knew nothing about David Ellefson and Christianity before this book. However, upon finishing the book, I found that it had changed my mind in some way ... prior to reading the book, I'd felt that religion was very un-metal and for old people in a church ... probably a view I'd picked up in my younger days when watching church folk burning metal LPs and accusing bands of devil worship.

I'm not deciding to convert or anything, but the book validated the idea that actually religion can be for anyone and that people who go to church or follow their own religious path can come from any walk of life.

Toyrific Super Tower Radio Control Crane
Toyrific Super Tower Radio Control Crane

1.0 out of 5 stars Toyrific crane is Horrific, 10 Sept. 2013
This is possibly the most terrible item I have ever purchased.
It is incredibly flimsy and was broken when it arrived.
Please do not buy this.
I sent it back and got a full refund including postage (which was my only good experience with this)

Hobby Engine 1:30 Scale Construction Tower Crane Infrared Control
Hobby Engine 1:30 Scale Construction Tower Crane Infrared Control

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Noisy, 14 Jun. 2013
Bought one and sent it back.
The crane itself is fantastic and well built. However, the sound effects are MUCH TOO NOISY.
By too noisy, I mean it really is stupidly loud with harsh, grating sound effects.
I would have liked to use it in the garden, but I think my neighbours 3 doors down would have complained!

Another issue I had was that the up arrow on the remote moved the hook down and the down arrow moved the hook up. Not ideal.
Please note, the remote itself is button rather than lever controlled.

After sending this back ... I next ordered the Toyrific crane which is getting sent back ... you can read my full review on that page

Clockwork Angels
Clockwork Angels

5.0 out of 5 stars Love everything about it, 12 July 2012
This review is from: Clockwork Angels (Audio CD)
I got into Rush in about 2000 and went through their back catalogue .... Moving Pictures was my favourite album.
Test For Echo, Vapour Trails and Snakes and Arrows were ok, but I didn't love them - only listen to them occasionally now.
Clockwork Angels, however, is a whole new ball game. It's the first album since Moving Pictures where I love all the tracks.
It flows as an album and you can immerse yourself in the story, the music and the vibe.
There's a lot to digest and, like all good albums, it takes a few listens, but it's absolutely worth it.
Obviously, Rush have been through a few different stages in their musical sound so everyone will have a different opinion; for me, however, after listening multiple times every day for the last week, I really think this might be Rush's best album ... which is amazing considering how long they've been at it.

IK Multimedia StealthPlug
IK Multimedia StealthPlug
Offered by Roobix Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 23 May 2011
Was reading the previous review and figured that the guy has no idea how to use his computer.
So, before you get put off, I thought I'd step in and affirm that this is an awesome product.
Plug your guitar / bass into your 'puter by USB!!! It does what it says on the packet and it works in your DAW.
Amplitube is the software it comes with - a well-respected piece of software.

Black Days
Black Days

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 4 May 2011
This review is from: Black Days (Audio CD)
Saw them supporting Kings X and found myself bopping along (very metal terminology, that)
Haven't stopped listening to the album since buying it ... Immaculate Desire being one of my favourite tracks for years.

What Can We Do Today
What Can We Do Today
Offered by PRIMED! and ready to go......

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome band, 5 Jan. 2011
This review is from: What Can We Do Today (Audio CD)
Saw these guys supporting Skindred last year - listened to them on MySpace for a while and finally bought the album.
Really hope these guys make it big ... awesome music and lyrics.

Page: 1 | 2