Profile for R J ATKIN > Reviews

They Died With Their Boots On [1941]
Dvd ~ Errol Flynn
Offered by Import-DVD-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars His best film, 20 April 2013
As a life long Errol Flynn fan this was an upgrade purchase to replace my VHS copy to DVD. For those who have never seen it, it is a great film albeit with a certain amount of 'Hollywood licence' in actual historical facts. But great fun all the same.

Setting Up a Successful Photography Business: How to be a Professional Photographer (Setting Up Guides)
by Lisa Pritchard

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 20 April 2013
This book is ok I guess for a complete business novice, but having been in business myself for many years I found the contents of this book a bit too basic and it generally covers 'being in business' in a general way rather than specifically as a photographer.

The Freelance Photographer's Market Handbook 2012
The Freelance Photographer's Market Handbook 2012
by John Tracy

4.0 out of 5 stars Book of Info, 20 April 2013
Had this book before in earlier years and it is always useful. Well worth looking at if you want to make money from photography

Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter for MacBook
Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter for MacBook

5.0 out of 5 stars MAC charger, 20 April 2013
A life saver when my previous charger died after four years. This is a better design with a new side ways magnetic plug.

Nikon SB-700 Speedlight Flash Unit
Nikon SB-700 Speedlight Flash Unit
Offered by spot sales

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent piece of equipment, 20 April 2013
As a professional photographer my equipment has to be robust as well as packed with features. This SB-700 is certainly both. The metal hot shoe plate is a must for me, having recently had to 'bin' an otherwise fully working Metz flashgun all because a plastic hot shoe plate cracked and couldn't be repaired.
The 'off camera' feature on this unit is also a huge benefit which has already helped me create some brilliant shots I wouldn't have got with a traditional flashgun. As my camera can snyc with up to four SB-700's at the same time I am now already looking to buy a second and maybe third one of these flash units.
Thoroughly recommended and a must for Nikon camera users