Profile for Woody > Reviews

Snow White Must Die
Snow White Must Die
Price: 1.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Break neck speed and twists and turns!, 22 Oct 2013
Excellent book. The book moves at a fantastic pace - a real page turner. I couldn't put it down and I am not normally a fan of crime books. I agree with some of the other comments about getting her earlier books translated - Amazon if you can influence things please do! Keeps you guessing right to the end. Brilliant

What Stays in Vegas
What Stays in Vegas
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Good summer holiday read, 4 Aug 2013
I enjoyed this book. The story is a little light - ideal for when you are sitting on the beach and don't want to have to do much absorbing or thinking about a plot.

Sentence of Marriage (Promises to Keep Book 1)
Sentence of Marriage (Promises to Keep Book 1)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars What a page turner!, 4 Aug 2013
Wow! I thought this book was great - a real family drama, following the lives of several families in a small farming community in New Zealand. I was hooked early on and couldn't put it down. When I got to the end I immediately bought the second book so I could see how things continued. Highly recommend.

Oliver Twist: Retold from the Charles Dickens Original (Classic Starts)
Oliver Twist: Retold from the Charles Dickens Original (Classic Starts)
by Charles Dickens
Price: 5.43

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loved this, 4 Aug 2013
My 7 year old was really interested in reading some Dickens when she came across the original version of Oliver Twist on my Kindle. I found her this copy and she devoured it in a few hours - really good introduction for young children. I would recommend this product for confident, young readers.

Skyfall [DVD]
Skyfall [DVD]
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig
Offered by Venture Online
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Faith in 007 restored!, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Skyfall [DVD] (DVD)
I can't recommend this Bond film highly enough. I had gone off Bond after Goldeneye when the villains and special effects got silly. However, this is back to Bond basics and very cleverly brings in the issue of Bond's past while introducing the future M and Moneypenny. Great performances all around and inspired direction by Mendes. Can't wait for the next one.

Limoncello and Linen Water
Limoncello and Linen Water
by Tessa Kiros
Price: 20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A triumph of a book, 30 Dec 2012
Having received this book as a requested Xmas present I was hoping to like it. In typical Kiros style this is more than a cook book - more an appreciation of life, the contribution others make to our lives and other handy hints along the way. I know that once I get some coloured ribbons my linen won't look the same again - get and read the book and it will become clear. Recipes are easy to follow and although it is early days so far so good. Even if you don't cook the food the book is lovely to look at.