Profile for Erik > Reviews

Erik

The Presence Process: v. 1: A Healing Journey into Present Moment Awareness
The Presence Process: v. 1: A Healing Journey into Present Moment Awareness
by Michael Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars ... edition but have read the revised edition which is excellent, and I'm told it's been vastly improved, 4 Jan. 2015
I haven't read this original edition but have read the revised edition which is excellent, and I'm told it's been vastly improved. The purpose of writing this review is for anyone who comes to this page without realising it has been revised and to recommend getting the new one instead.

The Journey
The Journey
by Brandon Bays

4.0 out of 5 stars Revised version on the way, 17 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Journey (Paperback)
I cannot rate or review this book since I haven't read it but anyone considering buying it may wish to know that a revised version is about to be released very shortly, and apparently the programme has changed significantly since this version.

Allen Carr's Easyweigh to Lose Weight
Allen Carr's Easyweigh to Lose Weight
by Allen Carr

5.0 out of 5 stars It sure works - once you've understood it, 20 May 2006
I have benefitted immensely from this book. I read it in 1998, lost my surplus 15 kg / 33 lbs over the next few months and now, in 2006, I have never regained them! My energy level has also soared. The book combines the basics of the Diamonds' Fit for Life programme with Allen Carr's classic psychology on changing your perception of the problem so that it becomes easy and enjoyable to apply. Many of us, however, have been brainwashed to the point where one reading may not suffice. I had to read it 3 times from cover to cover and refer many more times to specific sections. But, it was well worth while.

Most of your negative customer reviews reveal that the reader has missed at least one fundamental point, in particular what Allen calls the junk margin. He goes to quite some trouble to explain that we CAN eat a certain amount of junk food without any harmful consequences. There is therefore never any need to go to a party and sit there resisting temptation. I still use this junk margin, and probably always will! You may, as I did, occasionally find something you don't agree with, but before throwing out the baby with the bath water, why not consider whether it really is a significant obstacle?

I also notice that one of your recent customer reviews (generally a positive one) says "One question he never touched on was fish." In fact, there is a whole chapter entitled "Meat" which begins by defining meat as "the flesh of any animal, bird or fish, including shellfish".

If any reader benefits as I did but still wants more information I would recommend that they read the original Fit for Life book by Harvey and Marilyn Diamond.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2014 8:32 PM GMT