Profile for Freddie > Reviews

Content by Freddie

Freddie

What Remains of Heroes (A Requiem for Heroes Book 1)
What Remains of Heroes (A Requiem for Heroes Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't really know what to expect, 21 Mar. 2016
I hadn't got a good idea of what the book was actually about as I started but after a couple of chapters, especially about Lannick, I loved it

I would highly recommend it to any reader

The Fell Sword (Traitor Son Cycle 2)
The Fell Sword (Traitor Son Cycle 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 21 Jan. 2014
loved the first book and this one builds on all the great things of the first one and adds to them.

contains plenty of action, intrigue, plots, sub plots, interesting magic, very engaging characters.

my one, well two really, complaints are that the story line can be bloody hard to follow at times, potentially for some readers the many different view points could prove confusing.

i will say though that when the little plot twists are revealed not only am i generally quite surprised I'm also further hooked.

it sucks that I finished the book in two days of obsessing so now I've got to wit god knows how long!!

EDEN (The Union Series Book 3)
EDEN (The Union Series Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars a great read, 2 Jan. 2014
I've enjoyed the series from the very start, and I especially like the down to earth nitty gritty of the book where you still see the grunts on the ground rather than the rather overwritten space opera field. I also like the idea that the human soldier in the future has not been replaced by nigh on indestructible machines that that can take on an army all by themselves e.g Starship Troopers.

My only complaint is that it's too short, I read quickly and I finished the book in less than two days.