Profile for DJ Avant > Reviews

The History of Ocean Software
The History of Ocean Software
by Chris Wilkins & Roger M. Kean

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 18 Feb. 2014
What makes this book so special are the personalities of the people involved, through their own words they take you back to a very special era of British history. I would recommend this book to anyone, not just those with an interest in computer games.

Poetic HardBack Protective Case for The Google Nexus 7 7 Inch Tablet Black/Gray(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)

1.0 out of 5 stars Magnet turns off nexus when reading it, 2 Oct. 2012
When the cover flap is folded behind the Nexus 7 it turns off the Nexus 7. The description stated that this has been fixed, but it appears it is either incorrect or they are sending out faulty ones. I therefore cannot recommend buying this since it is very frustrating to use and I feel that I have wasted my money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 5, 2012 10:11 AM BST

Roberts Radios Streamtime Clock Radio
Roberts Radios Streamtime Clock Radio

1.0 out of 5 stars Frequent reboots, randomly turns radio on., 9 Feb. 2012
I have had this radio for almost a year. It took about 2 hours sitting entering wifi passwords by selecting letters using the awkward inteface, then finding the channels I wanted in the awful web interface, then setting them to presets with the number buttons, but after putting in that initial effort it seemed ok. A month later it started turning itself on at random times, often in the night and waking me up. I reported it to Roberts and they asked me to do a Factory Reset. That would mean spending another 2 hours entering all the set up details again. Life is too short, I put up with it. The problem gradaully got worse. The radio was rebooting itself continually during the night, turning itself on, loosing the time, and the alarm stopped working.

So I did the factory reset, spent another 2 hours of my life setting it up. Of course it made no difference. I replied to Roberts saying so and they did not reply.

£100 wasted. Roberts don't care about customer support, they don't care about good quality products. I cannot recommend this clock radio alarm.

The Castle Of Cagliostro [1980] [DVD]
The Castle Of Cagliostro [1980] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Yasuo Yamada
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars an amazing restoration, but why re-dub?, 23 Feb. 2002
As most people who look this up will know, Castle of Cagliostro is an incredible film. As a big fan of the film who has watched the Manga Video VHS many times I would like to comment on the DVD.
The picture quality and sound quality are incredible. Especially the English soundtrack, the music comes across in a breath taking way. The picture is crisp, but retains the great filtering.
However the thing that stops this from getting 5 stars is the English dub track. It's not the same as the VHS, and the voices are all wrong. It completely loses its charm without the voice of the Gamekeeper and many accents are changed such as the Count's guards who have faux-german accents.
I will only be watching the Japanese original now, but at least it gives me the opportunity to fall in love with the characters once more as I hear them how they originally sounded.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2012 6:37 PM GMT