Profile for Mr. J. Van Dijk > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. Van Dijk

Mr. J. Van Dijk (Liverpool, UK)

Heima [DVD] [2007] (2-Disc Set) [2009]
Heima [DVD] [2007] (2-Disc Set) [2009]
Dvd ~ Sigur Rós

5.0 out of 5 stars You will feel refreshed, 2 Oct. 2013
If you are either even remotely a fan of Sigur Ros or interested in Iceland then do yourself a favour and buy this. Beautiful shots of the band quietly playing together in a small room, seemingly moved by their own music, the faces of, and interaction between, the people listening, the beauty of Iceland and its inhabitants. The film breathes honesty, community spirit, respect and beauty - and refreshes the soul of the viewer somehow.

Holy Fire
Holy Fire
Offered by mrtopseller

2.0 out of 5 stars Very weak, 15 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Holy Fire (Audio CD)
As a fan of the unusual Foals rythms and riffs I had been looking forward to this album for some time. There is nothing new to enjoy on this album. Sure, the two 'hits' (track 2 and 3) we already know from radio and television are catchy enough but the other tracks are just a much, much weaker continuation of Total Life Forever. Yes, I know that's a cheap comment to make; but it is true. I can barely bring myself to listen to the whole album. I throughly hope that Foals can find their balls again - the 'buy any Foals albums by default' status has been revoked for the time being.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2013 1:13 PM GMT

Skagen Designs Men's Steel Leather Strap Analogue Watch 958XLSL With Silver Dial

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing in real life, 12 Nov. 2012
Normally, 'bare', stripped-back-to-basics Danish design looks classy, but when I opened the box it just looked cheap to me. The plate appears white on the website but is greyish in real life. "The strap is made of nice leather" is the most positive thing I can say about this watch. I returned it.

My First Ready Bed - Roary the Racing Car
My First Ready Bed - Roary the Racing Car

1.0 out of 5 stars child rolling out, 30 July 2009
The sleeping bag does not have a zip and the stitching between it and the air mattress cover stops halfway. The sleeping bag therefore only covers the child very, very loosely and easily rolls off when the child turns over. It also does not hold he child at all and he/she will easily roll off the mattress. Do not buy.