Profile for Ms Anne N Jeffery > Reviews

Content by Ms Anne N Jeffery

Ms Anne N Jeffery

Certified Refurbished Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi [Previous Generation]

1.0 out of 5 stars Refurbished Paperwhite Kindle, 26 Jan 2014
Very unhappy with this kindle. I purchased this specifically for 6 weeks trip touring abroad over the Christmas/New Year period.

I had been persuaded by an Amazon Customer Service employee that this type of kindle would be ideal for my purpose, one of those being that the battery would last a long time before needing re-charging. This was not the case. I could only read one normal length novel before the battery ran out, which was really inconvenient and frustrating. It is not always easy to find a re-charge point when on the move, or staying in a remote location.

I assume that the previous owner of this kindle returned it also because of the battery problem, It should not have been resold under these circumstances, so have returned it and purchased a new one.

Not good enough Amazon.

Ravel Ravel ladies Large Case Fashion Watch on PU Strap women's quartz Watch with white Dial analogue Display and purple plastic Strap R0105.13.7
Offered by NutriBurn
Price: 5.25

5.0 out of 5 stars EASY READ LADIES WATCH, 25 Aug 2013
I love this watch. It's easy to read even if I have not got my reading glasses. Unlike other watches with large faces it doesn't look masculine because of the colour and the price is brilliant.

I Take This Woman (Trafficked Book 1)
I Take This Woman (Trafficked Book 1)
Price: 3.08

1.0 out of 5 stars I TAKE THIS WOMAN, 17 Jun 2013
We spend each winter in Thailand and have family who live in Bangkok. This book is so badly written, a child do better.

Sorry, but this book is absolute rubbish and although it was a cheap read, I regret having downloaded it because the subject matter sounded interesting.

Hand Art: A Trace and Colour Handbook (Klutz Chicken Socks)
Hand Art: A Trace and Colour Handbook (Klutz Chicken Socks)
by Editors of Klutz
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Hand Art, 15 Jan 2013
This was a Christmas Gift, and as far as I know was enjoyed by my Grandson.

But then young children are not going grumble about what Father Christmas has given them.

Wera 031554 Kraftform Comfort Torx Screwdriver Set (6 Pieces)
Wera 031554 Kraftform Comfort Torx Screwdriver Set (6 Pieces)
Price: 17.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Screwdriver Set, 15 Jan 2013
This was a Christmas Gift, which was requested and as far as I know was enjoyed by my son.

He said it was just what he needed!

British Animals: Owl
British Animals: Owl
by Stephen Savage
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Owl, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: British Animals: Owl (Paperback)

LA Maravillosa Medicina De Jorge
LA Maravillosa Medicina De Jorge
by Ronald Dahl
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars La Maravillosa Medicina De Jorge, 15 Jan 2013
This was a Christmas Gift, and as far as I know was enjoyed by my Grandson.

Night Animals (Usborne Beginners)
Night Animals (Usborne Beginners)
by Susan Meredith
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Night Animals, 15 Jan 2013

James Galway and Phil Coulter: Winter's Crossing
James Galway and Phil Coulter: Winter's Crossing
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 15 Jan 2013
I loved it so much I have given it away to a friend and ordered another one for myself - Beautiful and moving

Lark Rise to Candleford: Complete BBC Series 1 [2008] [DVD]
Lark Rise to Candleford: Complete BBC Series 1 [2008] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dawn French
Offered by Helgy
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Larkrise to Candleford (Series 1), 11 Dec 2010
I missed this series when televised. So many people recommended it to me that I decided to buy it and have been absolutely enchanted. So much so, that I have now purchased the Second Series, also wonderful and now excitedly await the third series.
Wonderful "feel good" entertainment to enjoy during these cold winter days. It describes a time when life was physically hard but lacked the stresses of our modern world.