Profile for Shaun Dowdall > Reviews

Content by Shaun Dowdall
Top Reviewer Ranking: 517

Shaun Dowdall "Shaun Dowdall" (York, UK)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
25 x 10 inch Belbal Latex Leaf Green Wedding Balloons
25 x 10 inch Belbal Latex Leaf Green Wedding Balloons
Offered by Gem Supplies International Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but lacking in quality, 28 July 2015
These aren't too bad but a lot of them looked streaky and like they were going to burst. Three of them burst as soon as I tried blowing them up. For the price I suppose you can't complain, but they are lacking in quality.

DBPOWER HD 720p Wireless Endoscope 8.5mm 2 Megapixels Inspection Camera 1 Meter Cable With 6 Adjustable LEDs and Flashlight for Iphone/Ipad/Android Phone/Laptop, Black (Black, wifi 1 Meter)
Offered by Bravo Tech

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and easy to use, 28 July 2015
Please note I was sent this product to offer an unbiased review.

Now here's something I never thought I'd own. When I received this item to begin my review I couldn't really think what to do with it, but after putting my mind to it I came up with all sorts. The first thing was to locate my stylus that I lost down the side of my leather arm chair. I'd been hopelessly searching for the stylus for a while, but I wasn't really sure where it had gone. Now armed with my new toy I was able to locate the missing stylus and finally retrieve it! Score one for my new endoscope.

Upon opening the box up you're greeted by something that looks like it's jumped straight out of Half Life. The orange and black design looks pretty good and the plastic finish actually feels nice and is easy to hold. In the box you'll find the unit itself, software for use on a PC, a carrying case, and clips to hold your mobile device in place. Please note there are no batteries included which can be a pain if you don't have any around the house, so make sure you grab some when you order this, you will need 4x AA.

Putting the unit together is easy and I was surprised that the holster to fasten a mobile device to the unit could house even my Nexus 6, which is a massive 6 inch screen. So any of you out there who have moved over to large screened phones won't have to worry about size being an issue!

Once it is all up and running you will need to visit the App Store or Play Store, depending on whether you use Android or iOS. Download the WiFi Endoscope App and you're away and ready to play. The app is easy and simple to use and gives you the option of recording video and taking photos, saving these to the mobile device which can come in handy later. This is not just a view, but lets you save the video for later use!

Quality wise, the images look good and with the added torch function on the endoscope you don't really have to worry about low light. The camera is also waterproof (although the units body is not) which comes in handy if you're exploring drains etc.

So is this worth while? Depends if you need it I guess. I personally didn't think I would, but once I got my hands on the device I found plenty of uses for it. If you are after something like this, then you can;t go wrong here. The quality is great and the ease of use is fantastic. Worth checking out!
Comment Comment | Permalink

YESSBON Universal Soft-Touch 13/13.3-Inch Laptop Notebook Ultrabook Sleeve Carrying Protector Bag Pouch for 13 Inch Apple Macbook Air,Most 13-Inch Ultrabook Netbook -Grey & Rosy
Offered by YESART

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for those with lots of gadgets, 28 July 2015
Please note, I was sent this case to offer an unbiased review.

The case I used was the black and grey macbook pro 13 inch case. It feels good and looks premium, so you can't go too far wrong with the design. There are two sets of popper buttons on either side of the case, allowing you to close it with two levels of tightness. This is handy if you fill the case up with your macbook and other gadgets (which it has plenty of slots for)

The most pleasing part about this case was this it offered plenty of room for my Macbook, but also other compartments for additional gadgets such as my tablet and mobile phone. As mentioned above, the two levels of tightness when closing the case helps to prevent this from feeling cramped and allows for additional protection for all of your portable devices.

My only criticism of the case is that it feels just a tiny bit too large for the macbook as there is just a little room for it to slide around while in the case. It's not a deal breaker and won't take away from the protection, but it does mean the case takes up more room in your bag which is a shame.

Apart from that one criticism this is a pretty good case, especially when you consider the low end price. For the cost, you get a great deal of style and quality and can't go too far wrong. Definitely worth picking up, especially if you're the kind of person who carries multiple gadgets on the go!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Lavievert Gray Felt Case with Real Leather Bottom Bag Magnetic Button Sleeve for Apple iPad Mini iPad Mini 2
Offered by lavievert

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking and good quality, 28 July 2015
Please note, I received this product for free in exchange for an unbiased review.

I'm not normally a fan of sleeve style cases, but with me constantly throwing my tablet into a bag where it gets knocked about this case came in pretty handy. It feels and looks good, a neutral grey felt finish with a light brown splash at the bottom. The case closes using a popper which stays in place nicely and doesn't pop open, even when it's knocked about in my bag.

The case is a good fit for my iPad mini, not too tight which comes in handy if you have one of Apple's magnetic cases attached to your tablet. It also helps to future proof your case, just in case you decide to switch to another similar sized tablet in the future.

Inside you'll find a soft felt finish which will help to keep your iPad free from any scratches. it also helps to keep the screen clean (well kind of, it wiped my screen free of some finger prints anyway)

So overall I'm impressed. This is a good looking case with a quality finish which won't break the bank. If you like the look of it from the pictures then you'll like it more in person. Definitely one worth considering.
Comment Comment | Permalink

[New Version]Swees® 25600mAh 3-Smart-USB (Smartport for maximum charging speed, Total 4.5A Output) Power Bank Portable External Battery PowerBank Charger For iPhone 6 6 plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air mini, Galaxy S6 S5 S4 S3, Note 3 2, Tab 4 3 2 Pro, Nexus, HTC One, One 2 (M8), LG G3, Nexus, MOTO X and More Smartphones, Tablets
Offered by swees-shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact despite the capacity, 17 July 2015
Please note I was sent this item to offer an unbiased review.

I've reviewed my fair share of portable battery's but this has to be the big daddy of them all! Now don't get me wrong, it isn't as portable as some devices out there, in fact it's on the large size, but it packs a lot of juice.

The device will offer plenty of charges for one of your gadgets, or even multiple gadgets. I charge mine throughout the day, then over night charge my phone, tablet, and smart watch. This is the perfect companion for those with multiple gadgets that need charging on the go.

The battery lives by my bed as I have no plugs there. This is exceptionally handy for charging my devices by my bed which I haven't been able to do before.

On the go the battery packs enough juice to ensure that I won't run out of power on any of my portable gadgets. Other battery packs will give me a couple of charges, but this beast gives me an awful lot more!

It looks and feels fantastic. It's relatively slim despite the battery capacity, smooth and compact.The battery pack does tend to get a little hot when charging all of my gadgets, but that's understandable.

If you've got a bit of spare space while traveling around and power consumption is an issue for you then this is the power pack you're looking for!

Becko 54 Inches Auto Open Umbrella Long Umbrella with 16 Ribs, Durable and Strong Enough for the Fierce Wind and Heavy Rain, Classic Style with Bent Handle, Unisex Rain Umbrella - Black
Offered by Eguo

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice design and durable, 17 July 2015
Please note I received this item to offer an unbiased review.

The umbrella feels and looks premium, coming packaged nicely in a sleeve with a strap. This is pretty handy for making this a little more portable as you don't have to carry it in hand, you can just sling it over your shoulder.

The umbrella itself is pretty large and feels robust so you won't have to worry about it breaking in the wind. It also looks neutral, with a nice, dark finish and curved handle.

The only issue I found with this umbrella is that when I first opened it the button that releases the umbrella was jammed in place so it wouldn't stay shut. After a little tinkering however I got it to work.

PThink® 0.3mm Ultra-thin Tempered Glass Screen Protector for LG G3 with 9H Hardness/Anti-scratch/Fingerprint resistant (LG G3)
Offered by PThink UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic feel and easy to fit, 17 July 2015
Fantastic glass screen protector that is very easy to fit. Helped to add new life to my wifes tired looking phone which had a tacky plastic screen protector on before.

This is the only screen protector I've ever managed to fit completely bubble free so I'm extremely impressed. Also it feels great and doesn't reduce sensitivity.

Witcher Volume 1, The
Witcher Volume 1, The
by Paul Tobin

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, especially for fans of the franchise, 23 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Witcher Volume 1, The (Paperback)
As I opened up the book I realised I had no idea what I was going to get reading this. I'm a big fan of The Witcher and I thought that it would be a fun read, especially in the comic format.

The art style is unusual, but it works very well with the story telling and the world of The Witcher. The colours match up wonderfully with the gloomy world and really match up with the tone and atmosphere set in the games coming before this. Although some scenes seem to lack an immense amount of detail, I found it was the subtlety of the art that really helped to bring the pages to life. They didn't need immaculately drawn characters with huge levels of detail, it just all seemed to work.

The writers have captured the character of Geralt amazingly well, spinning a new story out based around the main character. We get a glimpse into his personality and once again his cold, detached humour adds some fantastic moments. The secondary characters also add to the plot, continually adding to the readers curiosity throughout. Right up until the end I wanted to know more about these new characters and even once their stories were told I wanted more.

The story itself was good fun. Throughout it reminded me of quests you pick up while playing the game, spinning new tales, taking the reader on an adventure. I won't go into detail as that would offer spoilers, but the story is well worth a read.

After finishing up I can safely say that this is an enjoyable read, especially if you're a big fan of The Witcher franchise.

DiGiYes® 2-in-1 Portable Desktop Qi Wireless Charger Charge Charging Pad Stand With Anti-Slip Rubber Ring & Separable-Installable Desktop Phone Stand Mount for Nexus4 Nexus5 Nexus6 Nexus7 Nexus9 HTC 8X Lumia 920 820 Note2 Note3 Note 4 S3 S4 S5 iPhone 6+ Plus iPhone 6 iPhone 5S / 5C / 5 , etc
Offered by DigiYes

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant bit of kit!, 23 Jun. 2015
Please note I was sent this product to offer an unbiased review.

Now here is a product that really comes in handy, offering a great wireless charger and stand combination. At first I was worried by how light weight the product felt which led me to wonder how it would ever stay put, but I was soon pleasantly surprised. With the added weight of your phone the stand stays put and doesn't move about.

There is a small rubberised shelf that your phone sits on, and the wireless charging pad has a rubber logo on it which helps to keep your device in place. This is great as it means your device won't slide off or loose contact with the wireless charger!

Another added bonus is that the wireless charging pad is adjustable and can be removed from the stand. This is handy as it allows you to locate your devices optimum charging position and align the pad and your phone so your device charges perfectly. It also comes in handy for making this a more portable charging solution as you can pop the charging pad out and take it with you rather than carrying the stand and pad combined.

The charging pad will make a loud beep to tell you when you've lined your mobile and the pad up. This is handy for those occasions when you aren't sure if your phone is charging or not. For those familiar with Qi chargers I'm sure you've all had a moment when you've placed your phone on the pad only to come back later and realise you never lined it up properly and the blasted thing was never charging. Well this product will make a lovely beep to tell you you've got it right!

There's nothing here that I dislike, especially at this sort of price point. Granted it would be nice if it felt a little more durable, but it's a fantastic product nonetheless. I would definitely recommend this for anyone who is looking for a wireless charger and stand for their phone!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Soundpeats Q2 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running & Gym/exercise Bluetooth Earbuds Headphones Headsets W/microphone for Iphone 5s 5c 4s 4, Ipad 2 3 4 New Ipad, Ipod, Android, Samsung Galaxy, Smart Phones Bluetooth Devices Q2 (Dark Black)
Offered by SOUNDSOUL Direct

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing case of form over function, 9 Jun. 2015
Please note I was sent this product to offer an unbiased review.

Good
-Light weight
-Well presented
-Carrying case included with three ear bud sizes
-Good fit and secure
-Great price

Bad
-Muffled sound
-Audio range average at best

The Soundpeats Q2 wireless headphones struck me as being a lot more premium than the price suggested when I first opened them up. They come in a tidy little box, safely tucked away in a nice carrying case.

I popped the case open and found the headphones tucked away inside, already charged and waiting their first use. My first observation was that these headphones looked and felt good, with well defined buttons and clear print and symbols.

At this price range I'm used to a flimsy wire and headphones that have a habit of popping out of my ears every few minutes. This set has a hard plastic loop with a soft matte finish that sits over your earlobes, securing the headphones in place. The connection between the two earpieces sits along the top of your neck and is a fairly durable and thick wire with padding.

So design and build quality are right up there. In fact it was so impressive that I had to double check the price to make sure I was reviewing these headphones against other devices in the price bracket!

Moving on to the audio side, probably the reason you're looking at picking these up right? Well here's where things aren't as good.

The sound quality is OK, but they perform like a cheap headset. For the price bracket its what I'd expect, but they do seem just a little muffled with sub par audio range.

While listening to music the vocals were clear but instruments, especially bass, were drowned out. Things got a little better at louder volume, but that isn't ideal and gets uncomfortable. Certain tracks were almost unidentifiable, just a singer and someone bashing a bass drum with everything else an inaudible blur. These headphones can't cope with much more than a singer strumming an acoustic guitar.

To be honest this is a case of form over function. The headphones look and feel great, but they just don't offer performance when it comes to audio which is a deal breaker.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15