Profile for Shaun Dowdall > Reviews

Content by Shaun Dowdall
Top Reviewer Ranking: 790

Shaun Dowdall "Shaun Dowdall" (York, UK)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
[3+1 Free/MAX HD CLARITY] Invisible Defender - LG G3 Screen Protector [Lifetime Warranty][Perfect Touch Precision]**Premium JAPANESE FILM** High Definition (HD) Clarity Film Premium EXTREME CLEAR Screen Protector for LG G3
Offered by Ringke Official UK Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality protectors, 6 Aug 2014
I purchased these for my brand new phone and they are pretty good. You get everything included that you will need for installation, micro fibre cloth, three sticky pads to help remove dust, small card for removing bubbles and obviously the screen protectors.

The cloth is pretty useless to be honest, just pushing the dust around rather than helping to remove it but the sticky pads came in helpful, removing most of the dust left over on my screen without leaving any sticky marks.

The screen protectors are good quality and protect the entire front surface of your phone, not leaving any part unprotected. This is a bonus for anyone who is concerned about the front getting any damage. It does however make it a little trickier to fit your screen protector due to the risk of having it slightly out of place.

For the price, you can't go wrong and I am happy with my purchase.

Aukey Windshield Car Mount Holder Cradle for iPhone 5S 5C 5 4S 4 / Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 3 2 / Google Nexus / HTC One, One 2 (M8) / Amazon Fire Phone / Motorola MOTO X, G / Nokia 5020 1020 520 / LG G3, Optimus; Compact Size GPS; iPod Touch; MP3 Player and other smartphones (AK-3D)
Offered by AukeyDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars By far the best cradle I've used, 6 Aug 2014
After suffering through a range of poor quality car holders I was pleasantly surprised by how good this one is. The build quality is fantastic and feels sturdy, not leaving me worrying about when it's going to snap and send my phone crashing to the car floor. Always a bonus!

I've used a few different devices with this including my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Nokia Lumia. The devices fit perfectly, the adjustable grip working great and supporting a range of different sizes.

Depending on what you are using your phone for in the car you can adjust the angle of the display, rotating the cradle to either portrait or landscape. This is exceptionally handy, the the cradle remains sturdy regardless of the position you set it up in.

The suction grip has remained in place throughout my use. Other car cradles I have used often require re-application after a few days of use. I'm happy to report that this is not the case with this cradle.

I was sent this device to offer an unbiased review. I would definitely recommend this for anyone who requires the use of their phone on a regular basis in their car. Out of the different cradles I have used this is by far the best, and value for money is fantastic.

Aukey Desk Stand Holder Desktop Bed Clamp Mount for iPad Air - Flexible Arm, Fully Adjustable, Hover Gooseneck (AK-3D)
Offered by AukeyDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I'm thinking of getting a second one!, 6 Aug 2014
I was sent this to offer a review of the product and I've got to admit I'm now thinking of buying myself a second one it is that good!

This is basically a flexible grip to hold your iPad in any position you need. Things that I have use it for include, clamping it to my desk and using it as a second screen alongside my Macbook and also clamping it to my bedside and using it to watch films.

The clamp is extremely durable and stays in position. You can feel straight away that this is robust and that there is no risk of it collapsing and causing damage to your iPad. In the past I have worried that these types of clamps will give in and become loose causing the iPad to gradually fall, this product however is rock solid, staying in whatever position you put it in.

It's very easy to set up, taking literally only a minute to put together. The clamp itself has an easy to use turn key, that allows you to remove and relocate the clamp easily without having to fuss around too much. This is great if you intend on setting the device up in different locations on a regular basis.

Due to this being so flexible you can get it into almost any position so awkward angles wont prove to be an issue.

To sum up this is an absolutely fantastic product and will suit a range of needs. For those who want to use their iPad unsupported then this is an absolute must!

Foxnovo® 123S 2.0-inch Touch Screen 10M Waterproof Sports Digital Camera DV Camcorder with 32GB Micro SD/TF Card (Black)
Offered by Buysmate

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little device and well equiped, 6 Aug 2014
After having a good play with this waterproof camera I've only really got good things to say about it. It's small, compact and lightweight and includes a fantastic range of accessories in the box, allowing the user to really customise their experience with it.

For the price you can't go wrong. The photo quality isn't going to blow you away, but for the cost, and the fact the device is so compact and comes with a huge array of accessories it is ideal for social networking and holiday goers.

I must admit I was surprised by just how much you get with this tiny little camera. When I had a good explore I found a 32GB card, class 10, hidden away, which is a great bonus considering these normally cost a fair amount. Other accessories that came included were, waterproof shell, handlebar mount, car charger, helmet belt, suction cup mount, usb charging cable. There is pretty much an accessory for every user included.

Pro's
*Small and lightweight
*Includes 32gb card which is Class 10, offering good speeds
*Amazingly fast shutter speed leads to quick captures
*Good video quality
*Tripod screw on water proof shell
*Water proof shell is detachable which makes the camera tiny and easily pocketable

Cons
*Average photo quality, however good quality vs size
*Mini usb charging port rather than micro

For the price this is the ideal little camera for holiday use if you want to get a little more adventurous with your photography. It's not going to capture mind blowingly stunning pictures, but it will help you get those snaps that you normally couldn't capture. For the price, you can't go wrong. It includes everything you could need and offers a good experience.

Multiple Ports Wall/Desktop USB Charger 33-Watt 5V/6.5A Portable 6-Port Battery Charger | Charge Up To 6 Devices Simultaneously At Full Speed | For iPhone, iPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, S4, Note 3, Sony Xperia, Moto G, PlayStation Controllers, E-readers | 30 Days Money Back Guarantee And 24 Months Warranty - Glossy White
Offered by The Ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for those with multiple gadgets!, 28 July 2014
This is one of those device that every gadget lover needs. I've found myself in the situation on a number of times where my gadgets have had to wait their turn to charge. Well with this hub I no longer need to do that.

The great thing I've found is that there doesn't seem to be any lengthy charging times, the device charging my gadgets up as fast as if they were plugged directly into the mains.

The devices I charge on an evening are a Note 3, Lumia 1020, iPad Air and also my Gear fit. The hub is capable of charging all four devices at the same time with no issues!

If you are one of those people who finds themselves in the situation where you have run out of plugs then this is the ideal device for you!

Note 3 Battery Hi-Capacity 3200mAh Spare With NFC - 30 Days Money Back Guarantee [24 Months Warranty]
Offered by The Ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant battery life, 22 July 2014
So I picked up this battery as a spare/replacement for my Note 3 original battery. I've tried a few replacement batteries for my phones over time and normally they are pretty poor, offering a below average battery life. I'm pleased to say that is not the case with this product.

The thing I noticed as soon as I opened the packaging is that this battery is slightly heavier than the original, now I'm no battery scientist but I took that to be a good sign. I popped the battery in and ran it through a full charge cycle to get it up and running.

Now normally I get 24-36 hours life out of my Note 3, using it for work, bluetooth on and a lot of notifications coming through throughout the day. With this battery I've found I get a solid 48-56 hours on a full charge and that's with no change to my usage.

I'm more than happy with this product and would definately recomend this battery for the power users among you. You won't be dissapointed, so whether you are looking for a spare or just a replacement, then pick this product up. Great quality for a great price.

Anker® New Leather Case Cover for Kindle Paperwhite with Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake Function for New 2014 2013 2012 Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 6" 3G / Wi-Fi + 3G - Synthetic Leather - Simple & Lightweight - Black [Lifetime Warranty]
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mix of protection and style, 19 July 2014
This case is fantastic. It looks great and feels premium, the leather effect really looking the part. Unlike some cases that feel too soft, this case seems to have gotten the mix right, balancing a good tough and durable material without sacrificing the good looks.

One thing that struck me was how secure and powerful the magnet feels. There is no way this case is going to accidentally open in my bag which means it is going to offer protection to my kindle screen all the time, unlike some other cases with weaker magnets where I have found the case hanging open more often than not.

The final thing to point out is that it's small and light weight, not really adding much to the Kindle which is handy for those of you who are doing long reading stints!

Kolay® 10 Pack Screen Protector For Nokia Lumia 1020
Kolay® 10 Pack Screen Protector For Nokia Lumia 1020
Offered by iDELTA UK LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the price, 18 July 2014
These screen protectors are ok but you get what you pay for. They don't quite fit the entire screen, leaving the edges bear which is a shame. Also after a few months of use I've found they get worn and scratched very easily, needing to be replaced relatively often or else you'll be left unable to see your screen.

For the price they are ok, but I'd recommend looking elsewhere if you want a screen protector that will last longer than a month.

Joby GorillaPod Original Tripod for Compact Cameras and Pocket Camcorders - Charcoal

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for adventurous photographers, 18 July 2014
Fantastic for those adventurous photographers out there! The tripods grip is sturdy and feels solid enough to hold my camera up for as long as I need it to. At first as I started attaching the tripod to random places, keeping my camera elevated, I was worried that it would all come crashing down but I've been pleasantly surprised.

With this tripod I've been able to snap some unique pictures and overall I've just had a good time with it. I would definitely recommend this product.

Half-Life Head Crab Plush
Half-Life Head Crab Plush

5.0 out of 5 stars Great novelty product, 18 July 2014
This review is from: Half-Life Head Crab Plush (Toy)
I got this for a friends birthday and he loves it. It's good quality and great for novelty. For any Half Life fan this really is a must have! My only gripe is that it's a little small, would have loved to see it actually fit on someones head.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10