Profile for Nix > Reviews

Nix

Us
Us

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 18 May 2015
This review is from: Us (Kindle Edition)
Not quite deserved of the accolade `better than One Day` but an enjoyable read nonetheless. I did skim-read a few pages...

No-One Ever Has Sex On A Tuesday:  A Very Funny Romantic Novel
No-One Ever Has Sex On A Tuesday: A Very Funny Romantic Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, 29 Jun. 2013
An easy read that had me laughing out loud in some places. Anyone looking for a book to pick up whenever and that doesn't require any thinking will enjoy this book.

Petite Mort
Petite Mort

2.0 out of 5 stars Confusing, 25 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Petite Mort (Kindle Edition)
From reading the blurb, I was expecting something a little different - perhaps written in the style of a script.

Adele's story was pretty standard: poor background, moves to the city to seek her fortune, gets a job, falls in love with someone in power, becomes a mistress, changes her allegiance etc.

The link between Adele and Camille' s stories could have been clearer as when I finished I was left feeling confused!

The Darling Girls
The Darling Girls

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 27 May 2013
This review is from: The Darling Girls (Kindle Edition)
Not a challenging read, something fairly light with some slightly emotional parts. Easy to pick up and put down - great for the gym!

Life Of Pi
Life Of Pi

2.0 out of 5 stars Just 'ok', 7 May 2013
This review is from: Life Of Pi (Kindle Edition)
I found this book quite hard to get into, which is quite unusual for me. After all the hype I was expecting more so have actually been left a little disappointed. The story did become more fascinating in the middle section, however I did skim read some pages where I felt the story dragged somewhat. It's unlikely I'd recommend this book to others.

The Help
The Help

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 April 2013
This review is from: The Help (Kindle Edition)
A superbly written book that had me hooked from the off. An equal balance of love, politics and all relationships. I'd recommend this to anyone who wants something a little different and interesting to read. I literally could not put it down.

The Casual Vacancy
The Casual Vacancy

4.0 out of 5 stars Different is best, 3 Jan. 2013
Great to read a book so different to everything else out there. J K Rowling 's ability to draw you into each and every character's life with her clever and precise descriptions makes you feel connected, somehow, to each one.