Profile for K. Bourouba > Reviews

FIFA 10 (Xbox 360)
Offered by 101Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Its actually quite fun, 24 Oct. 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I am a PES fan, this is the first FIFA game I have owned since FIFA 95.... However, this is probably the nicest FIFA game so far. Yes, it is still a bit laggy when trying to pass, more so when you are trying to shoot at an open goal, but the way the players move about on the pitch is very pleasant indeed.

I was surprised how much fun I found this game to be honest. I played it for a few hours straight just so I could get Spurs to win the premier league :).

Xbox 360 Elite Console (120 GB Hard Drive)
Xbox 360 Elite Console (120 GB Hard Drive)

3.0 out of 5 stars 360 Elite or PS3?, 24 Oct. 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Seems to be a popular question... Its a simple answer. The PS3 is the better console.

It is of a better build quality and is more compatible with uPnP media servers, at least it is for me. However, the 360 does come with a headset, which is good if you ignore the fact you need to pay a subscription to play games online.

The PS3 offers more, HD upscaling on DVD's, a Blu-Ray player, HDMI as standard ( I think the new PS3 also offers HDMI Connect.). The menu is nicer than the 360 and if you really want to, you can install a different OS. It also comes with WIFI, which is soo handy. The controllers are more comfortable and easier to set up (you just connect the controller to the console via USB to set it up as opposed to pressing buttons all over the place with the 360.).

Given that we probably wont see many exclusive releases now for either console, you can take your pick. If you do go for the 360, then there are some excellent games for it, Left 4 Dead, Gears of War etc. It would just be a bit of a waste given that the PS3 offers more.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2009 10:53 AM GMT

Revelation: Book Two of the Rai-Kirah
Revelation: Book Two of the Rai-Kirah
by Carol Berg

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first one, 11 Oct. 2009
I was a little disappointed when I read this one, it just wasnt as engaging as the first story. I think what made the first one so good was the relationship between Aleksander and Seyonne, but in this one we just have Seyonne and his neurosis.

Transformation: Book One of the Rai-Kirah
Transformation: Book One of the Rai-Kirah
by Carol Berg

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite interesting, 11 Oct. 2009
I got given this book and the others by one of my friends. It is actually quite an interesting and intelligent take on the fantasy genre that kept me well engaged all the way through.

inFamous (PS3)
inFamous (PS3)
Offered by Peej's products

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 19 Sept. 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: inFamous (PS3) (Video Game)
This game is quite good. Its quite similar to Assasins Creed, which is not a bad thing. But it does suffer from some of that games problems - namely the repetitive nature of the tasks.

Also, untill you get past a certain point in the game, it is quite hard. As soon as you start to get new powers then it gets more enjoyable.

The only thing I really didnt like were the comic book interludes. For me, even though I am a fan of comics, I would have preferred cut scenes. The comic book bits seem to rush past quite quickly, doesnt get you into the story enough.

I would recommend this to someone who was after a fun game that will challenge.

The Chosen (The Stone Dance Of The Chameleon)
The Chosen (The Stone Dance Of The Chameleon)
by Ricardo Pinto

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 14 Sept. 2009
Lets clear up a few things about this book. The authors imagination is incredible, he can the world in which these characters live in to life in a fashion that so many other authors find hard.

However, this is as good as it gets. The characters are one dimensional and pointless. The story seems to be so vague it verges on being non-existant. Basically, it documents a boys travel from one place to another and thats it. Maybe there is some further intrigue to be had in the next books, if there is I wont be reading about it.

Destiny: Trinity Book Three: Book Three: Trinity Series
Destiny: Trinity Book Three: Book Three: Trinity Series
by Fiona McIntosh

1.0 out of 5 stars Dire, 3 Jun. 2009
Thank god its over. I had been given the whole trilogy and I have just finished the last book.

This one is by far and wide the worst of the entire series. Most of it is simply filler while the author tries to pad the story out for 599 pages. Without giving any of the story away, it follows the same format as the first two - the lead character carries on all over the place looking god like, his companions get sexually assualted, they all have a good laugh about it, they go to a wood, the secondary baddy never dies etc. There are a few serious problems with the story towards the end, I can only assume this is because the author ran out of other fantasy series to copy. There are some pretty poor stereotypes in there too, all the goodies are beautiful, god like and charming. All the baddies are ugly, insane and appear to be deviants.

The biggest shame about this series is that the author can write quite well, but seems to be unable to put together a decent story. There were some good elements here, but it never came to much.

I gave this one star, but again, it deserves none. I wont be passing this on to anyone else to read either, it wouldnt be fair on them.

Revenge: Book Two: Trinity Series
Revenge: Book Two: Trinity Series
by Fiona McIntosh

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse than the first one, 28 May 2009
I have reviewed the first book in this trilogy, it wasnt glowing. This one is even worse. Whereas you can forgive the first installment for being a weak rip-off of other, better, fantasy books this second installment is truly awful.

The author seems to have no idea how relationships seem to work, without giving much away how can two people so madly in love with eachother randomly sleep around with people they detest? Why does everything in this tale so far have to involve sex constantly? I am not a prude, but this book seems to think that basically people have sex like normal people shake hands...

I have also just noticed I have to give some stars to this. I give it one, but in truth this is such a terrible book I feel that the author and the publisher and anyone else responsible for unleashing this drivel on the world should be forced into some sort of punitive labour.

And on the sex note, since when did people who suffer humiliating sexual abuse just get over it in a matter of hours?

There is so much wrong with this story its beyond a joke. You will note that other reviewers have commented on the godlike thing. Seriously, ok - the main character must be some sort of god. The author couldnt have been more subtle is she had carved the plotline into a brick and then tied the brick to the moon and then rammed it into my head at high velocity.

Sadly, I have been given the trilogy (ostensibly to throw out, but I never throw books out). So I will need to go through the anguish of reading part three soon :(
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2011 9:03 PM BST

Point Counter Point (Flamingo modern classics)
Point Counter Point (Flamingo modern classics)
by Aldous Huxley

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious and quite relevant, 23 May 2009
I found this book to be very humorous. The interaction between the characters is a work of genius.

One thing that could put people off readng this is the fact it is set in the 1920's. Dont let that put you off - the story itself is very relevant in this day and age and goes to show that some of the things taking place in our society now are not new.

The political message is very well balanced and in our high speed world, it may serve to give people reason to pause for thought.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2015 4:52 PM GMT

Open Source .Net Development: Programming with NAnt, NUnit, NDoc, and More
Open Source .Net Development: Programming with NAnt, NUnit, NDoc, and More
by Brian Nantz

4.0 out of 5 stars A goo book for CI, 23 May 2009
There are very few books on CI and .Net - in fact I think there are only two published right now? Well, I own the two I could find.

This book is an excellent desktop reference for anyone developing in .Net as well as anyone working with a Continuos Integration system. It goes into detail on how to work with NAnt as well as explain some of the other concepts.

The only reason why I only give this four stars is due to the age of the book, the version I have was printed in 2005. Since then, there has been a huge amount of development taking place in this area. So while this book is a good reference, it may only serve as an introduction to the wider world of CI.

Page: 1 | 2