Profile for Chulabomb > Reviews

Chulabomb

Kingston Women's Hampton City Bike - Sage, 19 Inch
Kingston Women's Hampton City Bike - Sage, 19 Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, easy to ride., 21 Jan 2014
I've had this bike for two days now and I've been zipping all around London with it. It's honestly one of the best looking bikes I've ever seen and a pleasure to ride. The seat is comfortable, the basket is spacious and the stand is wonderfully handy. I'd recommend this 100%!
(Can't give any advisory on the assembly, I had it delivered to my local bike shop so they put it together for me)

What Are You Doing Here?: A Black Woman's Life and Liberation in Heavy Metal
What Are You Doing Here?: A Black Woman's Life and Liberation in Heavy Metal

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating., 25 Mar 2013
SUCH an interesting topic, but this read far too much like an essay for me. At the beginning I thought I'd accidentally read over the same section twice, but it was actually just similarly worded. The foreword by Skin was fantastic and I did find it interesting but just a little too 'personal' for me. I would have liked to have seen it written a little more objectively.
Still I doubt I will read very many books like this one, I would recommend it for anyone curious about the subject matter.

How to Leave Twitter: My Time as Queen of the Universe and Why This Must Stop
How to Leave Twitter: My Time as Queen of the Universe and Why This Must Stop

2.0 out of 5 stars Average, bordering boring., 25 Mar 2013
Quite a big Twitter user, so this book pretty much pointed out the obvious with bitchy bits in-between. It doesn't really have a point and reads more like one gigantic rant: I was expecting something a little more interesting and punchy.
I found myself skimming over large sections of the book and didn't really gain anything having read it. That being said Grace does create a few images that made me snort whilst reading it on the bus, I just wanted more :(
I think Caitlin Moran could write something similar but well... better.

Catherine Lansfield Orinoco Double Bed Quiltset, Duck Egg (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 4 Jan 2013
A lovely luxurious looking bedspread, it's very nice to sleep in and makes my room look like a palace. Soft colours that compliment any room. Very happy.

iDelta iPod, iPad & iPhone Mains Charger - White
iDelta iPod, iPad & iPhone Mains Charger - White
Offered by Cut Price Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars Charges fast., 6 Dec 2012
Works really well on my iPhone 4s, and actually charges my phone faster than the original iPhone charger. The only downside is it has a bright blue light that lights up when you plug it in, which makes it annoying to use at night.

44mm Small Brown Felt Backed Castor Cups x 4
44mm Small Brown Felt Backed Castor Cups x 4
Offered by Bamford Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 6 Dec 2012
I bought these to stop the castors on my king size bed from sliding across my wood floor. The castors did just what they said they would, and I've had no problems since. Fab!

iPhone 4 / 4S skin - Blossoming Almond Tree - High quality precision engineered removable adhesive vinyl skin sticker for the Apple iPhone iPhone 4 / iPhone 4s (8gb / 16gb / 32gb / 64gb) Van Gogh Fine Art Design
Offered by discount-goods-4-u

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous,, 6 Dec 2012
A really lovely iPhone skin, I hate cases as I find them to be too heavy and bulky. This gave me the opportunity to customise my phone without that. Everybody asks where I got it, and the skin is just as sticky and pristine as when I first put in it. Would definitely recommend.

KING BED REVERSIBLE DUVET QUILT COVER BEDDING SET PILLOWCASE POLKA DOT - NEW RW
KING BED REVERSIBLE DUVET QUILT COVER BEDDING SET PILLOWCASE POLKA DOT - NEW RW
Offered by Textileonline

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bedspread., 6 Dec 2012
Really lovely set, looks just as it does in the photographs. I'd suggest that you wash it first upon receipt, the red dye left a stain on my wall.

Dunlop Suitcase 32 Inch Black 32 Inch
Dunlop Suitcase 32 Inch Black 32 Inch

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and large., 6 Dec 2012
I ordered this suitcase for a month in Edinburgh, and it held everything I needed. Very well made, came with a free Sports Direct mug too. One star down as the handle could be a little stronger, but I've used it several times since then and it's still going strong.