Profile for nigel > Reviews

Content by nigel

nigel "nxf" (Connahs Quay, North Wales)

Page: 1 | 2
Henry Squire Dhh1 Triple Hinged Hasp and Staple 200mm
Henry Squire Dhh1 Triple Hinged Hasp and Staple 200mm
Offered by Plumbing Supermarket

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 April 2015
The bracket it snaps onto was a bit tight....other than that works as expected

Spear & Jackson Brass Spray Nozzle
Spear & Jackson Brass Spray Nozzle

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 7 Jan. 2015
Simple device that simply works. Easy to adjust and built to last.

Klean Kanteen Sports Cap 3-Black
Klean Kanteen Sports Cap 3-Black
Offered by Castleberg Outdoors

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly perfect, 7 Jan. 2015
So far has worked well and does not leak at all. The flow rate is about right, neither too fast nor too slow. I agree with the need for a removable cap over the drinking bit to stop it getting dirty, otherwise I would give it 5 stars.

Camouflage scrim net. Large size 100cm x 198cm
Camouflage scrim net. Large size 100cm x 198cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective, 13 May 2014
I bought this as an addition to a camourflaged tent. I used it to cover the opening where I was filming from. It works with woodpeckers at close range which I have found very twitchy in the past. I certainly recommend this product and the price was about right

STV757 - SOLAR-POWERED SONIC MOLE SPIKE
STV757 - SOLAR-POWERED SONIC MOLE SPIKE

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work for me, 4 Feb. 2014
I read that the principle behind these are that they mimic the vibrations of another mole, and therefore scaring the mole into fleeing. This may not happen immediately but in my case 4 months later and the mole hills are still appearing in the same places (1 to 4m away) and at the same frequency (2 to 5 additional hills per week).
Other people have posted that they work, maybe they did or just by coincidence they had no moles when they posted their reviews and have not bothered (or like myself) found in nearly impossible to amend a previous review.
I am sorry, but I can not recommend this product.

Wall Mount Round Base Flexible Bracket Stand for CCTV Camera Camcorder
Wall Mount Round Base Flexible Bracket Stand for CCTV Camera Camcorder
Offered by angemart1999

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 4 Feb. 2014
This is ideal for a very light camera but not really suitable for my Bushnell. I have adaped it by adding nuts and bolts so I could tighten it more, so it will now probably take the weight of a small elephant!!

2 x BC B22 Bayonet Cap To GU10 2 Pin Light Bulb Fitting Lamp Adaptor Converter Plug Power Socket Adapter 240v used for Low Energy Saving SMD CFL LED GU10 Bulbs Standard UK Fitting
Offered by Strictly Lamps

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 4 Feb. 2014
I compared the base of this unit to an Osram (old type) light bulb and they seem identical, which gives me confidence that they should perform well. I will monitor them and see how well they do.

1x4 Sanyo Eneloop XX Micro AAA 900mAh
1x4 Sanyo Eneloop XX Micro AAA 900mAh

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Feb. 2014
My only complaint so far about eneloops is that they didn't do AAA size. They do now, so I am very happy and would recommend them highly

Energenie Power Meter
Energenie Power Meter

2.0 out of 5 stars good but bad, 2 Nov. 2013
I have had this monitor for 8 days and it is great for giving the total kWh which I then multiply by my electric suppliers cost-per-kWh. I do this as the monitor only allows 2 decimal places and my energy is priced to 3. I knew this before I bought the product so I'm fine with that.

But.....he problems I have had are:-

1) It requires re-setting every time a different appliance is used. This looses the time and also the cost per kWh. I emailed the company who were very helpful and confirmed this.

2) The batteries supplied have nearly run down as the screen has started to fade more each time I use it.

3) The reset button (a tiny pointed object requires inserting in to a small hole to activate) has now dissappeared inside the casing (which has security screws so is not designed to be opened).

I will be sending it back.

LEDER® GU10 LED LIGHT BULB ENERGY SAVING 3W WARM WHITE ** 3x1W HIGH POWER FOR REPLACING 40W - 50W HALOGEN **

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, 9 Oct. 2013
I can not comment on how long these last as I have only had them for less than a month. (Update 2014, out of the four I bought 3 blew about at about 5 weeks. I thought this seemed strange and could probably be an electrical fault in muy house? so I bought an adapter to put the last one in a standard bulb holder and so far it seems ok)

The colour of them appeared slightly green on our peachy coloured ceiling, but this is only when compared with 50w halogen. I later found out that these are 3000K temperature which is described as warm white. What I needed was the "very warm white" which have a colour temperature of 2700K (nearer the red end of the colour spectrum). So what I did was to use them at the other end of the kitchen against white units and they look perfect there.

The wattage rating appears good (not as much illumination as the 50W, I would rate them as nearer 40W). We have 4 of them and the total output is between 10W and 15W. This is saving us money so the slight loss of brightness is not a problem.

Its a shame they don't (I believe) do a 2700K dimmable version?

Page: 1 | 2