Profile for Zeta Jones > Reviews

Content by Zeta Jones

Zeta Jones (Switzerland)

The Italian Diet: Over 100 Healthy Italian Recipes to Help You Lose Weight and Love Food
by Gino D'Acampo

4.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes - not a diet book, 18 Nov. 2014
This book has some fantastic recipes but it does not work AT ALL as a diet book! The suggested weekly menus at the front (1,500 for women; 2,000) for men are completely different for men and women so if as a couple of you try it you would have to make, for example, on Monday dinner: grilled prawns followed by pork steak followed by roasted fresh fruit for the woman and duck salad with linguine & prawns for the man. Having said that the recipes are delicious and I think that's Gino's talent the rest is just marketing so buy it for some great food not to lose weight!

The White Queen
The White Queen
by Philippa Gregory

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for the next one!, 28 Sept. 2010
This review is from: The White Queen (Paperback)
I loved The Other Bolyen Girl. Gregory has an amazing gift of making history come alive. If only you could study history this way in school! I would have liked to have a better family tree in the beginning as I did get a little lost and had to google some of the characters to see how they all fit together but I loved the way she hinted at the witchcraft (was she or wasn't she?), how she portayed Elizabeth's thirst for power for her family, how she realistically showed both sides of Richard III and how she left us all wanting to know more. Can't wait to read the Red Queen!

The Ice Cream Girls
The Ice Cream Girls
by Dorothy Koomson

4.0 out of 5 stars Good portrayal of violence in a relationship, 28 Sept. 2010
This review is from: The Ice Cream Girls (Paperback)
I've got to admit I was a little disappointed having read a bit too much hype about this book. It was good. The characters were realistic and well-rounded, the plot was good but there were some areas that seemed a little far-fetched - the husband didn't know?! None of the former girlfriends came forward? All the hospitals they visited didn't back their story? But it was a good portrayal of how a young girl can be led into a violent relationship. I would definitely try some of her other books.

Her Fearful Symmetry
Her Fearful Symmetry
by Audrey Niffenegger

5.0 out of 5 stars Another masterpiece by Niffenegger, 28 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Her Fearful Symmetry (Paperback)
A ghost story like no other. Beautifully written, at times unbearably sad but what I love about Niffenegger's stories are the ideas: in Time Traveller's Wife - not just travelling through time but being wrenched from one time to another and how that affects those around you, and , in this story, what it really is like being a ghost wanting to live again and be with those you love. Hauntingly beautiful!

Ashtanga Yoga Beginners Practice [DVD] [2003]
Ashtanga Yoga Beginners Practice [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Nicki Doane
Offered by wmdservices

3.0 out of 5 stars Really tough!, 5 Nov. 2007
I have been doing yoga for about a year and, although I'm not a very flexible person, I'm in pretty good shape. There's is no way I could do this stuff! This is not for beginners at all! I'm going to keep looking for something more basic. Plus the woman's voice practically puts you to sleep.

"10 Years Younger": A Ten Week Programme That Will Change Your Life
"10 Years Younger": A Ten Week Programme That Will Change Your Life
by Judith Wills

5.0 out of 5 stars A practical life-changing book for any woman nearing or over 40., 7 Mar. 2007
This book really covers everything to make you look and feel younger and better. I followed it seriously just before I turned 40 and on my 40th birthday I looked better than I had in years. I took part in my first running race (4.8K) and totally changed my look. It's not a two week diet - it's a life change. Of course, as a working mother, things slipped a bit, but I still look better than I did before (hair, clothes, etc) and I'm starting the 10 week course again now and plan to look great this summer.

The Meanwhile Adventures
The Meanwhile Adventures
by Roddy Doyle

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - like all the Rover stories!, 16 May 2006
I have read this and all the other "Rover" books by Roddy Doyle to my eight year old son. We had tears rolling down our faces. The humour - poos and commerical interruptions - are just right for that age. Please, Mr Doyle, write some more!

Fat Around the Middle: How to Lose That Bulge - For Good
Fat Around the Middle: How to Lose That Bulge - For Good
by Marilyn Glenville

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money and use your common sense, 16 May 2006
Just got this book and returned it immediately. What a disappointment. I'm not fat but do tend to keep all my weight around the middle, which I know is unhealthy. But I learned nothing new from this book and it gave me no tips other than those I could find on any nutrition website. Basically, eat whole grain, not refined, cut down on alcohol and sugars, and exercise. What a revolutionary idea! I give it one star because if you don't know the basics of nutrition, it'll at least teach you that.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2014 1:24 PM GMT