Profile for . Mary > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
China Cry
China Cry
by Nora Lam

5.0 out of 5 stars A true story of courage and faith in the face ..., 18 Sept. 2014
This review is from: China Cry (Paperback)
A true story of courage and faith in the face of communist oppression.
I found it thought-provoking and inspiring. I have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone who cares for the persecuted Church.

AURAGLOW 9w LED B22 Bayonet Light Bulb, Warm White, 806 lumen, 60w EQV
AURAGLOW 9w LED B22 Bayonet Light Bulb, Warm White, 806 lumen, 60w EQV
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good buy. A straight bayonet bulb that gives a ..., 18 Sept. 2014
A very good buy. A straight bayonet bulb that gives a full light straight away without having to wait for a frustrating warm up time.
I wait to see how long they last. If they are as good as advertised I shall be doubly pleased.

Pollyanna
Pollyanna

5.0 out of 5 stars Seen the film, had to read the book., 19 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Pollyanna (Kindle Edition)
The story of a young girl struggling to cope with he heartbreak of becoming an orphan and being shipped off to a less than welcoming aunt. Her sunny disposition and determination to continue the game her father taught her makes for excellent reading. Her innocent reaction to the people she meets and the help and strength that she gives them makes for a good thought provoking story. If you do not know the story, then please read it and pass it on to any young folk you are interested in. We all need to join Pollyanna in her 'Glad' game.

The Brendan Voyage
The Brendan Voyage

5.0 out of 5 stars An adventure story beyond my wildest dreams, 19 Jun. 2014
I am not a sailor but I was totally engrossed in this story of adventure and faith, I found it hard to put the book down.
I was looking for a book about Brendan the Navigator but think I have done better with this story of Tim and his crew setting out in the 1970's to see if it was really possible to sail to America in a leather boat! The courage of those men in the face of danger, and therefore of St Brendan himself, fills me with awe. I heartily recommend this to any one with an adventurous streak in them.

Plain Faith: A True Story of Tragedy, Loss and Leaving the Amish
Plain Faith: A True Story of Tragedy, Loss and Leaving the Amish

5.0 out of 5 stars A thought provoking story of heartbreak and faith., 19 Jun. 2014
This book gave me an unexpected insight in to the Amish way of life.
I found it both helpful and challenging. It gave me great respect for the family concerned and a prayer that I might be as gracious and loving if any similar event happened in my life.
I have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone who cares about their 'neighbour'.

A Search for Purple Cows: A True Story of Hope
A Search for Purple Cows: A True Story of Hope

3.0 out of 5 stars Not yet read., 2 Nov. 2013
I had a problem with getting this story. The message tells me to delete and down-load from cloud. I have been so busy since this happened that I have not yet investigated cloud to get the full story back into my kindle. Doubtless I can say a kinder word when I have managed to complete it.

HP P1102w 8MB 18ppm A4 LaserJet Printer
HP P1102w 8MB 18ppm A4 LaserJet Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasure to use., 2 Nov. 2013
I am not technically minded but even I, with a little telephone help from my son, was able to get this up and running. I am very pleased with it, especially the speed at which it works. I would not hesitate to recommend it to any one else, particularly those who struggle with the new technology like myself.

The Song of Bernadette [DVD] [1943]
The Song of Bernadette [DVD] [1943]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Jones
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars A thought provoking story., 2 Nov. 2013
I have been interested recently in the story of Bernadette Soubirous. I have watched the film and now have read the book to cpmpare one with the other. I find her story thought provoking and challenging. A film that I can watch again without getting bored. Although Jennifer Jones is obviously older than the 14 years of Bernadette, yet she carries the simplicity of the young girl with a gentle dignity. I have greatly enjoyed it and will continue to do so.

Economical Bible-Cev
Economical Bible-Cev
by American Bible Society

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Book., 2 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Economical Bible-Cev (Paperback)
I find it comfortable to hold. The clear printing makes it easy to read even with my troublesome eyesight.
It is well set out, encouraging me not only to start reading but to also to continue even beyond my intended portion.

Willow Tree Angel of Hope Figurine
Willow Tree Angel of Hope Figurine

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 6 April 2013
This angel was ordered to replace one that had been badly damaged. She was all I could have hoped for. Excellent.

Page: 1 | 2