Profile for Amani > Reviews

SBC Collagen Gel with pump dispenser, 250ml, face/body moisturiser
SBC Collagen Gel with pump dispenser, 250ml, face/body moisturiser
Offered by Bodylife-uk Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 5 April 2015
Like many women I've used a LOT of creams and lotions and potions. This looks watery and I originally bought to use with the neck toner. One night I realised I had run out of my usual night cream so used this instead. In the morning my skin looked amazing. None of the usual lines and wrinkles- I'm 45- and now I notice that if I use any other cream the lines come back. I will be reordering this. Love it.

Elizabeth is Missing
Elizabeth is Missing
by Emma Healey

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody brilliant, 31 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Elizabeth is Missing (Paperback)
My fave novel for a LONG LONG time. I've bought copies for friends and family and have left messages everywhere about how much I love this story. F ing amazing. Beautifully written, compelling, and I don't look at older people in that nasty sneery way I used to either. It changed me. Bloody brilliant.

Natures WayRhodiola Rosea, 60 Vcaps
Natures WayRhodiola Rosea, 60 Vcaps
Offered by albert on the go

5.0 out of 5 stars Got them quick, they work quick., 30 Mar. 2015
Got the product the next day. Tried it the next morning. Works. It works. My son has been on anti depressants for more than six months. He has rages, has stopped going to school, won't sit his exams, wont see friends etc. we tried all different kinds of anti depressants and herbal remedies plus exercise etc and he's having therapy. Nothing worked. I gave him one tab of this in the morning. I swear that instantly he seemed a lot calmer. He wasn't perfect- still periods of the day when he talked about the darkness but he went to see his friends, he revised and when he was bright he was a LOT brighter. I am confident these herbal tabs are the way to go. I'm also taking with Vitamin E every morning to improve my skin. For anyone who is at their wits end I suggest giving these a go. I am impressed.

The Ex-boyfriend's Handbook
The Ex-boyfriend's Handbook
by Matt Dunn

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many puns spoil the broth, 4 Jun. 2013
I have read two Matt Dunn novels and they are both readable and engaging so that's good isn't it? I just feel that he simply creates scenes and characters for his awful puns. They are excessive and irritating and the novel ends up getting on my nerves. Less puns more story more heart. It's not all about the one liners. No pun intended.

Cult Perfumes: The World's Most Exclusive Perfumeries
Cult Perfumes: The World's Most Exclusive Perfumeries
by Tessa Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet smell of success, 1 Jun. 2013
I love this book. I was expecting it to be just a coffee table book that you admire just for the pictures but it's a really good interesting read. The style of writing is very engaging and you learn a lot about the different designers and perfume houses. It's a great present for anyone who loves perfume or anyone who is interested in fashion and history.

Millie and the American Wedding
Millie and the American Wedding

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good, 23 May 2013
I read this in a few goes and I have to say its surprisingly good. Ok there are some issues with editing and some parts could be tightened up but it's as good as other chick lit stories that do get published. I really enjoyed it and I'm quite fussy. I don't understand why the author had to self publish. Surely an agent could have seen the potential. I hope Anna does very well and writes more books.

Last-Minute Love: (Year of the Chick series)
Last-Minute Love: (Year of the Chick series)
by Romi Moondi

1.0 out of 5 stars Am I missing something?, 23 May 2013
Sorry but I don't understand all the reviews and glowing comments. This is nothing but a rambling overgrown teenage diary. I can only assume the people who read this stuff are right on types who think its marvellous that they get a peek into someone else's culture. I love the concept and it could have been good but it's a far too self- indulgent stream of consciousness. After two pages I was unconscious with boredom.

Girl on the Run
Girl on the Run
by Jane Costello
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars I sprinted to the finish line, 11 May 2011
I've read Bridesmaids, Jane's first novel, and this is a big improvement. She has an annoying style of writing things like: "I couldn't be more this, if I was that" eg 'I couldn't be more transparent if I was made of Perspex.' Which got on my nerves a LOT in her first book.

It's been toned down a little in this one. There were still things I found annoying- there were certain things you could see a mile off like an office romance with the lesser characters, as an Asian person I noted how she got religions mixed up, Hindu characters were given Muslim names etc and the character of Oliver the dishy doctor drove me round the bend.

What a freak he was and the best friend, Jess, was also a strange creation. She was supposedly trying to set up Abby with the doctor but didn't really seem to know anything about Oliver. (Bit like us)

However, on the plus side, let's face it, it's not meant to be taken seriously. It was a fun, light read and there were some very funny moments.

I definitely got into it and romped to the happy ending just like the main character. It hasn't inspired me to take up running alas but I probably will seek out more Costello novels. Four stars- and I couldn't be fairer than if I was balancing some scales outside the Royal Courts of Justice etc.

Blueeyedboy
Blueeyedboy
by Joanne Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sweet like chocolate, 3 May 2011
This review is from: Blueeyedboy (Paperback)
I too love love love Joanne Harris. I've read all her books except Coastliners and I love her style. My brother gave me Blueeyedboy after struggling to get into it and I admit it took a few attempts to really latch onto the story. But once I got through the first few pages and got used to the style of the web log, I was hooked. I enjoyed the story-telling, the characters and the mystery of what had happened to little Emily. There is no doubt that Joanne is an amazing talent. I zipped through the novel in two sittings and I really enjoyed the tale. With Joanne you not only get brilliant writing but also a twist- whereas most literary novels just describe nothing. True, I did get slightly confused and it was sometimes hard to keep pace but ultimately it was well worth it. Joanne Harris is fab. And I'm not a friend or a member of her family, in fact, I once emailed her website and she didn't even reply. But still. I'm giving it 3 and a half stars because of the complicated plot but for quality of writing and the characters she has created as usual it is five out of five.