Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now
Profile for G Thomas > Reviews

Content by G Thomas

G Thomas

Page: 1 | 2
Robert Holmes: A Life In Words
Robert Holmes: A Life In Words

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting in places, 21 Mar. 2015
I really enjoyed reading about Bob Holmes time as script editor of Doctor Who. I also discovered a series he wrote that I watched when I was ten years old. This book was very interesting in places.
However, it was padded out with quite a few script storylines that were never even shown. I found myself skipping these. Also, it is a shame the book did not show much of how Holmes went about his writing, ie his method of working.
Overall though, I enjoyed this book.

Robot Army
Robot Army
by B. F. Schluter

5.0 out of 5 stars I espe cially liked the character of Bobby, 21 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Robot Army (Paperback)
This was a very exciting story - a real page turner! The characters were very well developed. I espe
cially liked the character of Bobby. I am a teacher and I know the kids at my school will be fighting each other to have a read of this book!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2014 8:54 PM GMT

Jumping Jim & The Jubilee Line (Book One) : A Science Fiction Time Travel Parallel World Fantasy

4.0 out of 5 stars Never judge a book by its cover., 8 July 2014
Despite the poor title and terrible cover, this book was actually a very good read. I have since purchased the sequel.

Fallen From the Train
Fallen From the Train

3.0 out of 5 stars An exciting short story, 26 Jun. 2014
I enjoyed this short story and I would be ok interested in reading the novel that evolved from it. It seemed like a good opening chapter.

A Last English Summer: The Biography of a Cricket Season
A Last English Summer: The Biography of a Cricket Season

2.0 out of 5 stars An over-sentimental nostalgia fest., 22 Jun. 2014
This book was not as good as Hamilton's book about Brian Clough. And what's with all the similes? A disappointment.

A Return Ticket
A Return Ticket

3.0 out of 5 stars No zombies - thank goodness!, 30 May 2014
This review is from: A Return Ticket (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book. It frustrates me that so many post-apocalyptic novels these days have flesh eating humans running riot. These books should have their own genre. This book tries to explore how a very small number of survivors would cope in an (almost) empty world. Although some of the characters' actions seemed a little unbelievable, this was still an interesting account of how to deal with the end of the world.

Gangsta Granny
Gangsta Granny

5.0 out of 5 stars Gangsta Granny, 20 May 2014
This review is from: Gangsta Granny (Kindle Edition)
The book was really good, you should read it. The other book, Ratburger, is also good.

By Owen Thomas Age 10

Adventures With the Wife in Space: Living With Doctor Who
Adventures With the Wife in Space: Living With Doctor Who

4.0 out of 5 stars An affectionate fan's tale, 25 Jan. 2014
This book was a very enjoyable read. Having listened to some awful 'Who' podcasts, it's nice to come across a fan with a good sense of humour.

Driving Ambition - My Autobiography
Driving Ambition - My Autobiography

4.0 out of 5 stars Honest and insightful, 22 Dec. 2013
This is a very interesting insight into the world of an England cricket captain - a must read for all England cricket fans.

Stillness and Speed: My Story
Stillness and Speed: My Story

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 24 Nov. 2013
I thought this book might provide some useful insights into what life was like in the great Arsenal side of the late nineties and early 2000's. However, this book disappointed me. Bergkamp spends most of his time telling us how great Dutch football was.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2015 2:35 PM GMT