Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Haatchi and Little B
Haatchi and Little B
by Wendy Holden

1.0 out of 5 stars The Most Wonderful Story Ruined by Bad Writing, 22 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Haatchi and Little B (Hardcover)
I was incredibly disappointed by this book. It is an incredible story and the book should have been poignant , emotional and moving, but it was written in a clumsy, awkward and disjointed way that completely destroyed the sentiment.

It's hard to accept that this has been written by a supposedly accomplished biographer. I think she has done the family a great disservice.

When the going gets tough....
When the going gets tough....

1.0 out of 5 stars Needs an Editor, 22 Feb. 2014
If you have issues with poor grammar, please don't read this book as it will horrify you, it's so poorly written. Weird sentence structure, complete random use and misuse of commas that was so irritating, I gave up halfway down the first page.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2014 6:07 PM GMT

GMYLE (TM) Purple PU Leather Wallet Style Stand Case Flip Folio Cover With Card Slots and Money Pockets Magnetic Closure For Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 8 inch N5100 N5110 Wifi 3G
Offered by Clever Gadgets

4.0 out of 5 stars Much Better Than Samsung's Own Case, 7 Sept. 2013
I originally bought the Samsung Book Case and hated it, so got this to replace it and it is so much better!

Great quality and finish and would have given it 5 stars apart from one minor little niggle - there is a small band of material that runs along the bottom of the tablet at the front just under the home button. This is really close to the home button, is quite thick and for some reason it makes the home button harder to press. I don't think this bit of the case does anything structural and the sturdiness, rigidity etc of the case would not suffer without it so I'd much prefer if it wasn't there obstructing the home button.

Other than that I'm delighted with the case and the value for money is excellent. More than happy to recommend this product.

Samsung Book Cover Case for Galaxy Note 8.0 - Red
Samsung Book Cover Case for Galaxy Note 8.0 - Red

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth the Money, 31 Aug. 2013
I am really disappointed in the quality of this case, considering it is made by Samsung themselves. It is a nasty synthetic material, very thin and flimsy and absolutely atrocious as a stand.

The front flap has a magnet which is supposed to send the device to sleep when closed, but the problem is that unless you have the device totally flat, the flap is of such flimsy, bendy material and the magnet so weak that the seal is not maintained, so randomly the device will wake out of sleep when part of the flap moves and breaks the magnetic seal.

The case is supposed to be able to act as a stand for the Note and things get even worse in this aspect. You can either have it as a low angle stand for reading, where part of the flap is held by a magnet to the middle of the back of the case, but I've been finding that the magnet does not hold and the case falls over frequently unless I use it on a totally flat surface like a table. So if you're like me and want to prop it up on say a cushion or even on my mattress when lying in bed, it just does not work.

You are also supposed to be able to lean the device at a higher angle with a third of the front flap folded against the back of the device with the weight of the device supposedly holding the stand in place at this angle and a slim part of the bottom of the flap tucked under, but I have yet to be able to get this to work at all, as the weight of the device is not enough to stop the part of the flap that is meant to rest against the back of the case just keeps flipping back up to it's flat position or the slim flap at the bottom just slides away because the gap between the flap, the bottom of the device is too acute making the device too top heavy and it just falls over; plus the little flap is covered in a suede-y material which on a polished/smooth surface like a table renders it too slidy. The device falls over even on a total flat and stable surface and has been driving me mad trying to get it to work.

With my Kindle case I used to be able to fold the case backwards and tuck it onto the top of screen of my laptop like folding an open book, so that I could be working on my laptop for work and then take a short break to use the Kindle for a few minutes without having to move the laptop out of my way - no such luck trying that with the Note case as again the front flap is too flimsy and insubstantial that the weight just makes is slide off the laptop - a minor issue compared to the other things, but annoying all the same as it now means I've got to clear space so I can move my laptop out of the way and have room to try and work with the Note on a flat surface - with all the issues already mentioned.

Sorry this review is so long but I wanted to emphasis just how bad this produce is and to let people know I would not recommend it in any circumstances; there is nothing good about this case whatsoever and considering it's nearly £30, to me it is a total rip-off piece of junk that I would definitely have returned to Amazon for a refund had my OH not recycled the packaging too quickly, so I am now stuck with it plus I've had to pay to get an alternative case, that I am just hoping cannot be as bad as this one.

This is hands down the worst purchase ever from Amazon which I wish I could give zero stars to. The only consolation is that the Note 8 itself does not suffer from the same quality issues and is actually a superb device.