Profile for LondonMum > Reviews

The Adventures of Tintin [DVD]
The Adventures of Tintin [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stéphane Bernasconi
Offered by Side Two

5.0 out of 5 stars they are a good contrast to all the modern dvds aimed at boys, 11 Dec 2014
My eight year old son loves these DVDs, they are a good contrast to all the modern dvds aimed at boys.

Jade Yoga Harmony Professional-Raspberry-5mm x 173cm
Jade Yoga Harmony Professional-Raspberry-5mm x 173cm
Offered by Fushi Wellbeing - UK's Leading Ethical Wellbeing and Beauty Brand

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Dec 2014
Best mat ever!!

All Made Up: A Girl's Guide to Seeing Through Celebrity Hype... and Celebrating Real Beauty
by Audrey D. Brashich

1.0 out of 5 stars very american and not terribly challenging. I didn't think this was good enough ..., 11 Dec 2014
Disappointing, very american and not terribly challenging. I didn't think this was good enough to give to the person I'd bought it for, perhaps it's a little dated.

ABUS Bordo Combo 6100/75 Folding Lock White white Size:75 cm
ABUS Bordo Combo 6100/75 Folding Lock White white Size:75 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars A really excellent combination lock, 11 Dec 2014
A really excellent combination lock, I bought this about a year and a half ago, and highly recommend it. the design makes it a lot easier to use that solid U locks but it is just as secure. It doesn't click when the right combination and i think it would extremely hard for anyone to "feel" the combination the way thieves can with cheap combo locks.

Reeves Oil Pastel Set - 36 Assorted Colours
Reeves Oil Pastel Set - 36 Assorted Colours

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Dec 2014
Great pastels, my kids love using these. They blend quite well, great colour, such a pleasure compared to crayons.

Disney Frozen: Sticker Scenes - Over 50 stickers
Disney Frozen: Sticker Scenes - Over 50 stickers
Offered by Kasturi Fragrances

2.0 out of 5 stars bought as a present but it looks like something you'd get for, 11 Dec 2014
very disappointing, bought as a present but it looks like something you'd get for free

Hama Beads 10,000 Beads in a Bucket
Hama Beads 10,000 Beads in a Bucket

5.0 out of 5 stars We love hama beads, 5 Dec 2013
This big box of standard solid colours is good value and in our view you can never have too many Hama beads!

Planting the Trees of Kenya: The Story of Wangari Maathai (Frances Foster Books)
by Claire A. Nivola

5.0 out of 5 stars a lovely book, 5 Dec 2013
This is a wonderful story and it is beautifully illustrated. All the more enjoyable and inspirational as it is true.

Have You Filled a Bucket Today? A Guide to Daily Happiness for Kids
Have You Filled a Bucket Today? A Guide to Daily Happiness for Kids
by Carol McCloud

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for making children aware of how their behaviour can impact other people, 5 Dec 2013
I read reviews of this book on a US website and was ordered it out as an experiment. My son has a tendency to be a little negative and I was looking for a book we could use to discuss being aware of the impact of negativity on those around you. This book is perfect in that respect (although it is a little repetitive). To a UK reader it might seem a little preachy but I do not think that is a problem as it gets its message across. To summarise, the premise of the book is that we all carry an invisible bucket which gets filled when someone says or does kind/positive words/actions directed at us and that having a full bucket makes us feel happy. In filling someone else's bucket you also fill up your own, as making others feel good makes you feel good. Rather amusingly/predictably (perhaps for the slight preachiness mentioned) my son (aged 7) did not particularly like the book, however his little sister (aged 4), who is much more cheerful by nature, really loved it and would at the end of every day discuss whether she had "filled her bucket" and my son would then join in and so the book has certainly served its purpose. The expression has become part of our family's vocabulary and I will now say to him if he is very negative that he is "emptying my bucket" and he instantly understands and modifies his behaviour. I would recommend this book although if it hadn't been for his younger sister's enthusiasm this might have been less successful!

Fly Me to the Moon [DVD]
Fly Me to the Moon [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Stassen

3.0 out of 5 stars not the same version we saw at the Imax Cinema, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: Fly Me to the Moon [DVD] (DVD)
We saw this film at the Imax cinema and we all loved it so I ordered the dvd when i saw it for a sale on Amazon about a year later. However the dvd version had an extra little subplot about Russians trying to sabotage the rocket which personally I found jingoistic and which spoiled the film for me; my children of course were oblivious and still enjoyed it. My partner then did some research and discovered that there are two versions of the film around, I'm still not sure though how you'd distinguish when buying it.

Page: 1 | 2