Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now
Profile for hakko > Reviews

Content by hakko

hakko "504" (Oxie, Sweden)

Guitar Hero: Metallica - Guitar Bundle (Xbox 360)
Guitar Hero: Metallica - Guitar Bundle (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game - good guitar, 22 Sept. 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is the best uitar hero game I'veplayed so far. Lots of great songs, both the Metallica ones and the 'fillers' by other band. I got this package a year ago, and the guitar lasted about 8 months before it stopped working, but considering how much I played I suppose it's OK. 5 stars out of 5 possible.

Logitech Wireless Guitar (Xbox 360)
Logitech Wireless Guitar (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good guitar with a weird license, 8 Jun. 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
When I boiught this guitar a couple of weeks ago I had the fortune of picking up at a sale for ~£40. It's great value for that money: it's big, massive wood and a distinct strumbar with big fretbuttons. Maybe too big fretbuttons - I have small hands and struggle to reach some of the more complicated green/blue green/orange chords properly. The strumbar on the other hand would have been wonderful if it had been more quiet. There is a noticeable clicking sound which I can hear even when using headphones when playing. But it's much more precise than anything else I've played. I know exactly where the note will 'take' when I move the strumbar up/down, no deadzone when alt-strumming. I think it may have a slightly larger lag than my Höfner or my old GHWT-tar since I sometime seems to miss a few notes that I was certain I had hit. I'm working with the calibration setting to find the optimum, but it's a long process and I don't think I'm off by much, maybe 10ms or so.

Anyway, these things are minor details as it's a lovely guitar. It's my 5th and so far I love it. I do constantly break the license agreement as written in the manual: It contains a line where it actively prohibits the use of the peripheral in any game not belonging to the Guitar hero series of games, including but not limited to Guitar Hero, Band Hero & DJ Hero. Weird.

Rock Band - Game Only (Xbox 360)
Rock Band - Game Only (Xbox 360)
Offered by STOCKTASTIC

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game - repetetive in band mode, 28 Sept. 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Great game. This was the first full band game and is a great step forward from the old Guitar Hero games which was only guitar play. As long as you're playing it solo it basically follows the old structure: play a few songs, unlock new ones. Good. But in Band mode, each city you can visit only unlocks a few new songs while adding up to TWENTY new setlists you need to play to get further into the game. This means that in order to unlock everything, you either needs to play the band world tour for a LONG time or play the solo tour. This has been rectified in RB2 where there are ways of unlocking all songs by playing them once, even in band world tour.
Apart from this, the game is great fun, lots of good songs, both on disc and as DLC to purchase. For those looking for a big challenge on guitar I recommend staying with Guitar Hero (1-3), for everyone else, Rock band is the way to go.

The Beatles Rock Band - Limited Edition Premium Bundle (Xbox 360)
The Beatles Rock Band - Limited Edition Premium Bundle (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars With The Beatles, 28 Sept. 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Well, I coughed up the asked amount to get this pack and I can only say this:
It's beautiful. The game is a real pleasure to play - I'm finally passing songs on hard guitar. Yay. The dreamscapes are just wonderful to watch and you just can't help but singing along when you're playing so the inclusion of a mic and stand here is great. The drums are fun and hard to play, even on easy. The Höfner is about the nicest looking plastic guitar I've seen. It is however a bit big, so your mileage may wary on this one.
45 songs in the game. Good or bad? Well, it's more than you get from the main band in either of Guitar Hero's band specific efforts but they are quite short and some might think that the lack of variation between bands may be a problem. I don't. If I want to play something else, I go over to the xbox and change disc. With the promise of DLC in the near future I'd say you get more than what you need if you're willing to buy the DLC. Just a few more of the really well known songs would have been nice.
And if you're a Beatles fan, there is no reason not to buy this game. If you're not, the do try the game, you may have missed some of the best music of the last century.

AC/DC Live: Rockband (PS2)
AC/DC Live: Rockband (PS2)
Offered by Kunoyo

3.0 out of 5 stars Rock Band with AC/DC, 23 April 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
OK, so you take the rock band game, add the AC/DC tracks, and what do you get? A rather good rhythm game in the style of Rock Band/Guitar Hero. It's fun to play, I love AC/DC so the music choice is good but maybe a little bit spars (18 songs, compared to GH:WTs 84 or GH:Metallicas 49 or even Rock Bands 58)

In general, the only bad things I can say about this game is the things I think they could have done better. OK, there is no character customization. I can live with that. But who are those people on stage in the game? It's not AC/DC. Why?
More songs would have been nice. Maybe a few tracks not on the Live album that is and should be the basis of this game. Just as a bonus to get the track list up to something more resembling a full game.
And my copy of teh game for some reason gave me NTSC video out. Why? It says PAL on the disc, and a few others have reported the same thing. It's not a big deal but if you have an old fashioned TV you might be stuck with BW or even no picture. Most new LCDs won't have any problem though.

It's nitpicking, I know. I'm just asking, if you're doing it, why not put a little more thought into it? It's nothing revolutionary I'm asking, just a few minutes of consideration on how to do it properly.

But if you like AC/DC and/or Rock Band then this is a great game, fun to play and worth every penny I paid for it.

The Secret Policeman's Ball [DVD] [1989]
The Secret Policeman's Ball [DVD] [1989]
Dvd ~ Paul Abrahams
Offered by All We Ever Look For

4.0 out of 5 stars Much more than you expect...., 13 Aug. 2003
... at least it was much more than I expected. I only knew about the three shows called 'Ball', 'Other Ball' and 'Third Ball', so I expected a 2 or 3 DVD including these. Boy I was wrong. In my mail a 4 DVD set appeared earlier today, and while I haven't watched everything yet I have browsed some of the known highlights (i.e. the Monty Python and Rowan Atkinson stuff ;) and can just say: I loved every minute of it. The four DVD's include all 7 of Amnesty International's charity shows in London from 1976 to 1991 plus a special compilation of the best music. The complete list is:
1a:Pleasure at her Majesty's (1976)
1b:Mermaid Frolics (1977)
2a:The Secret Policeman's Ball (1979)
2b:The Secret Policeman's Other Ball (1981)
3a:The Secret Policeman's Third Ball (1987)
3b:The Secret Policeman's Biggest Ball (1989)
4a:Amnesty International's Big 30 - Special Edition (1991)
4b:The Secret Policeman's Balls (Music Edition)
I have rated this 4 stars, because the transfer is not very good, and partly that can be contributed to bad masters. With a little more work this could have become a great package. Still, it's a fine display of the best british comedy of the 70s and 80s and I doubt that there is any other compilation of the same quality of comedy anywhere.