Profile for Glosblue > Reviews

Content by Glosblue

Glosblue "bobeaumont" (gloucestershire, uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Cat and Mouse (Alex Cross)
Cat and Mouse (Alex Cross)
by James Patterson

4.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite, 4 Mar 2010
This is the fourth in the series of Alex Cross stories, and while I have enjoyed the others, this wasnt as good.
Whilst the change of track half way through the book was interesting, it didnt grip me, however the ending wasn't expected and leaves you wanting to read the next book.
This book also had the shortest chapters I have ever read!!
Not the best, but I have read a lot worse.

Death's Head (Volume 6 Dogs of War Series)
Death's Head (Volume 6 Dogs of War Series)
by Leo Kessler

2.0 out of 5 stars Wotan 2, 28 Jan 2010
Just reread this book after first reading it in 1980, this is the second in the series following on from SS Panzer Battlion, and all the old favourites are back Schulze, Von Dodenburg and Schwartz are back. The story mainly deals with Wotan joining in Operation Barbarossa, but however the story does tend to jump around from battle scene to battle scene. You go from virtually a full battlion to the last few troops surviving in the deepest winter.
This is a simple read, and quite a short story, it you enjoying your war stories then you will enjoy the Wotan series.

Executive Orders
Executive Orders

5.0 out of 5 stars President Ryan, 24 Jan 2010
This review is from: Executive Orders (Hardcover)
This is one huge book and as such may put off many readers. Clancy deals with many different plots which as ever all tie up nicely at the end.
I am a fan of his "Ryan" and this one carries on directly for his previous novel Debt of Honour, so I would definately recommend you read that first.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars War Trash, 12 Oct 2009
This was the first ever book I bought, way back in 1975.
This is the start of the Wotan series, even though it now appears to be the third in the series of "Dogs of War" somehow!!!
Dealing with the formation of 2nd Company Wotan Battalion of the SS.
It introduces many much loved characters in the series like the officer Von Dodenburg (who this story is apparently from papers written by him founds by Leo Kessler, yeah right!!!), and Schulze (the Battalion joker).
Some might be offended by placing the SS in the role of the good guys, but forget that, this is just classic war fiction.
Any easy read, I have just reread it and it took only 2 days. Great fun, not to be taken too seriously.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2014 3:01 PM BST

Debt of Honour
Debt of Honour

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed it, 10 Oct 2009
This review is from: Debt of Honour (Hardcover)
Having just finished re-reading this one, I throughly enjoyed it, despite what some other reviewers have made of Clancy's story writing.
I agree that putting Japan in the role of the big bad guy is perhaps a little far fetched, but it is scary to think (bearing in mind this was written in 1994) how similar the current financial markets are with his storyline, not forgetting the ending (pre 9/11).
Possible hard to get into for new Clancy readers, but by the last third I could hardly put the book down.

Without Remorse
Without Remorse

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Sep 2009
This review is from: Without Remorse (Paperback)
I have just reread this after a few years and once again throughly enjoyed it.
Giving you the full back story to the "Clark" charactor from the earlier books.
Personally, the story is something I fully agree with, ie the taking drug of drug dealers.
Feels strange reading this, when it is based in the 70's West Baltimore and watching the The Wire on TV, seems like things havent changed that much!

Empire Earth Gold
Empire Earth Gold

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 3 Sep 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Empire Earth Gold (Video Game)
I really enjoyed this game, I had previously only played Age of Empires and although diffent this has enough similarities to play almost as a sequel.
Really enjoyed the missions, this is one game that will hold your interest.
On line play is excellent and easy to set up too.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Atomic attack on the States, 13 July 2009
The next in the Jack Ryan series of books.
This isnt my favourite, however upon re-reading it recently I found it wasnt as bad as I remembered.
Dealing with a nuclear attack on the US by a terrorist group, the book as always with Clancy starts slowly building to an exciting climax, some readers may get bored with the long winded building of the weapon, but it a lot better than the film.

Medal Of Honor Allied Assault War Chest (PC CD)
Medal Of Honor Allied Assault War Chest (PC CD)
Offered by GeeksWholesaler

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Shooter, 27 May 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This was the first shoot em up game I have played as I normally go for the stragety type game, and I loved it.
Playing all the levels, my only slight complaint was I never got to finish the third game as it kept crashing my PC.
Online play is excellent although I wish the only player would not have cheats on, but hey thats life.
Well recommended.

Trouble with Taffies, The: Welsh Hooligan Gangs
Trouble with Taffies, The: Welsh Hooligan Gangs
by Jeff Marsh

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointing, 2 May 2009
I have to say I am little bit disappointed with this book, I have followed Cardiff City since the 80's, and whilst not a hooligan I did get accidently get caught up in a few incidents, as you could not avoid to in those days.
At least all the "Crews" are given a mention, although with a large Cardiff tint, the stories are too much of a "we did this, they did that" varity, which gets a bit repetitive after a while.
There are two excellent storys, one about Man Utd's invasion of Cardiff in the early 70's and the Welsh away fans story.
I found the Soul Crew book was far more professionally written and structured.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11