Profile for asfish > Reviews

Content by asfish

asfish (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Netgear DGND4000-100UKS N750 Dual Band Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router for Phone Line Connections

2.0 out of 5 stars Had to send it back, 7 May 2014
***********EDIT*******

Sadly I have had to return this item, ironically after writing a positive review I had nothing but issues for 2 or 3 days. I would have no internet on my PC but the router said it was connected, then after a reboot there would be "no internet" errors messages on my PC but still the router said it was connected.

Looking on the internet there have been similar issues with this device.

Also had huge issues with devices on my LAN, things were not connected and or working both wired and wireless. Spent 2 hours troubleshooting then finally swapped this for my old router and all the problems went away. Shame as I really liked it but these days I can't have problem network devices with baby monitors, alarms and heating controls all depending on a working connection.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2014 7:09 PM BST

Kenwood SL250 Food Slicer - 100 Watt
Kenwood SL250 Food Slicer - 100 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Slicer, 7 May 2014
This is a great tool for cutting home made bread into nice thin slices. I found it safe to use and easy to clean and store.

Not tried to cut cold meat or cheese and doubt I will do, but its brilliant for bread.

Dunns River Jamaican Jerk Seasoning 312 g (Pack of 6)
Dunns River Jamaican Jerk Seasoning 312 g (Pack of 6)
Offered by Afro Caribbean Food Store - The Original Authentic

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Flavour, 7 May 2014
After a trip to the Caribbean my wife and I developed a taste for Jerk Chicken!

We bought some sauce back with us and when it ran out we tried a number of supermarket Jerk seasoning, none of which were as nice at the local ones.

Then we tried this and its really nice, the best one we have found. I will need to order more soon as its proved so popular with friends and family that I have been giving them jars of it!

Early Learning Centre Light and Sound Drum
Early Learning Centre Light and Sound Drum

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy, 7 May 2014
This is a great toy for a baby, my 10 month old son loves this and bangs on it every day!

Claber Aquadue Duplo Water Timer
Claber Aquadue Duplo Water Timer
Offered by Mill Race Garden Centre

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Timer, 7 May 2014
When I ordered mine I had an issue with the manual watering program being 5 minutes instead of the 15 minutes stated in the manual. I called Claber in the UK and they confirmed that some models had this issue. Then sent me a new front control pannel free of charge and I now have 15 minute manual watering. So you can't fault Claber customer service!

This is a great timer, but its more expensive as it has 2 water outlets allowing you to run seperate watering programs. If you don't need these then there are cheaper single outlet models avaiable.

Anker® Uspeed USB 3.0 7-Port Hub with 36W Power Adapter and 3ft USB 3.0 Cable [VIA VL812 Chipset]
Offered by AnkerDirect

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 24 Mar 2014
Whilst this does the job most of the time, there are always small problems

Each time I reboot my PC there is a unknown USB device showing in device manager.

I also get issues with the SD card reader on my TFT screen and most of the time have to remove and re-add the cable before the card will show up in Windows.

Thought I would get better for the money, as an IT worker I can live with it for now, but this would drive less technical people mad.

TP-Link TL-WA901ND Advanced 300Mbps Wireless N Access Point
TP-Link TL-WA901ND Advanced 300Mbps Wireless N Access Point

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Device set up is not documented well enough, 21 Oct 2013
I work in IT so thought this would be an easy setup. The instructions tell you to connect to this device either by Ethernet cable or by wireless using the built in SSID. Then you type in a URL and get the setup page and choose what you want to do with the device.

After 20 minutes of getting know where I called the UK support number and was connected to somebody who understood little about the device as well as English! I was constantly asked to use a CD that didn’t come with my device and in the end the great suggestion was to return it to Amazon!

In the end it was easy enough to set up as long as you did it right

1. Plug this device into your router via Ethernet or you can use a Power over Ethernet plug but need to use an extra bit of hardware (supplied)
2. Connect to the device via its built in SSID
3. Enter the URL in the setup instructions
4. Configure device as you want it

It’s important to make sure that you follow steps 1&2. This way the device is connected to your network (step1) so it can pull settings from your broadband router. If this step isn’t done right the set up wizard will fail. Step 2 is needed to access the internal web set up page on the device and configure it.

Once done it really boosted the signal, really pleased with it. Thinking of getting some more for the rest of the house and the garden!!

Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote Control
Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote Control

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Device, 5 Oct 2013
I’ve been a user of Harmony remotes for years and this is the best remote I’ve bought to date.
I needed the IR Blasters as I wanted to move my amp into a cupboard, so that was the main reason for opting for this model.

At £229.00 not cheap but worth it.

It uses a wireless hub and converts it into IR where needed, so this means that you no longer have to be line of sight with any devices to control them. If you need or want IR only that can be set from the device. It will also control PS3 and WII although I didn’t try that as I don’t have those devices

In addition there is an Apple app that lets you do most of the remote functions on an IPAD or IPhone, (it obviously won’t work if you don’t have the remote set up!) You can pause playback by tapping the screen or turn on devices or actions like “watch TV” from anywhere in the house as long as you have wireless coverage.

You add devices etc via a web application, I was able to import all my settings from my old remote with no issue. You then finalise updates from the remote. One annoying thing is that the web app doesn’t work on IPads so you are still tied to a PC or laptop. When the remote needs firmware updates you must connect to the PC via a USB cable.

All in all it’s a brilliant remote I have no issues with devices and all the actions etc work first time, can’t recommend this highly enough

Soothe & Weigh Baby Scales
Soothe & Weigh Baby Scales
Offered by BabyToys4you

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 5 Oct 2013
This was expensive and is not acurate at all when it comes to weighing my baby

Avoid as its a waste of money

Belkin Wemo Home Automation Switch with Motion Sensor Bundle for Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch and Android Devices

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Device, 5 Oct 2013
Bought this as for some odd reason I don’t have a light switch at the foot of my stairs to turn on the landing lights.
So I set up a lamp with the sensor and now when you walk up stairs the lamp comes on long before you get to the top.

Everything is controlled by an Apple app and you can set the sensor to be on or off on a time basis. So for example mine doesn’t turn the lamp on between 9am and 5pm.

The set up was a little bit complex as you have to join the devices to their own wireless network then reboot them and join your home one, not an issue for me but somebody who is not good with IT might have a problem

All in all worth the money for the use I had for it

Page: 1 | 2