Profile for Mr. Samuel Millar > Reviews

Content by Mr. Samuel Millar

Mr. Samuel Millar (Greenisland, Co Antrim United Kingdom)

Analog Man (Deluxe)
Analog Man (Deluxe)

5.0 out of 5 stars The lesser you smoke the better you get, 23 Jun 2012
This review is from: Analog Man (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
I only heard this was coming out via Hmv ads and having virtually all his albums from James Gang to date I could not wait to hear it. This time round I decided to preview Itunes instead of blindly buying. Most of the output since " folks " had the odd cracker here and there. The "confessor song " is right up there with the best but I felt that these latter albums for the most part were forgetable. Anyway back on track having listened to the samples I was blown away. I wanted to buy the CD but could not wait so bought through I tunes. Been listening to it for 3 hours steady. The song " india" ... has a thunderstruck AC Dc esque intro and merges into typical Walsh at his very best. The intro to "analogue" is so Walsh a castaway on desert island for 30 years would spot it immediately. The Jeff Lynne input is evident and perhaps in some tracks maybe massaged Joe rasping chord playing too much but that's nit picking. This is a fabulous piece of work right up there with seventies best. I loved the early stuff then still do but i was thirty years younger then as well so do i expect a poor rehash of old stuff NO ! he's changed he's older so have I. This is a modern sounding collection that harnesses the power of the early days , the eagle's influence and blends it all into something brilliant and contempory. The man sounds happy and this has a feel good output . I don't expect him to sound exactly like he did in 75 but what I want is some semblance of the talent he had then and let me say THIS DELIVERS BIG TIME!!!!

Burning The Day
Burning The Day
Offered by musicfan46

5.0 out of 5 stars Great modern Country, 17 Jan 2011
This review is from: Burning The Day (Audio CD)
Really liked this effort reminded me a little of early Eagles and it does not come much better than that. As previous reviewer stated good mix of songs mainly upbeat. If there has to be new or modern country this does it for me and not the riff laden stacatto type rhythms which seem to qualify the genre these days! A G Strait, A Jackson and D Yoakham fan!