Profile for JacBanBoo > Reviews

Content by JacBanBoo

JacBanBoo

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Replacement Remote Control for Hitachi 22LD5550U (batteries included)
Replacement Remote Control for Hitachi 22LD5550U (batteries included)
Offered by Remote Controls Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good replacement control, 12 July 2014
Very good replacement control, easy to use straight away - no more waving the original control about in front of the tele to get the channel to change. A good product and arrived quickly. Very pleased, so far so good!!

Naturana Women's Moulded Soft Cup Everyday Bra, White, 36D
Naturana Women's Moulded Soft Cup Everyday Bra, White, 36D

5.0 out of 5 stars Naturana Bra, 12 July 2014
Have had this bra in the past and very pleased to find it again as it is virtually impossible to get in shops. A nice, comfortable bra that fits well and is particularly good in hot weather. Very pleased.

Morphy Richards Accents 222050 2 Slice Toaster - Copper
Morphy Richards Accents 222050 2 Slice Toaster - Copper
Offered by Bradbeers

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little toaster, 12 April 2014
Needed a new toaster after my last one started throwing toast around the kitchen. I already have the kettle that matches this but did not want the 4 slot toaster so I was pleased to find this one. It's a very nice looking toaster, the copper is lovely and warm looking and it toasts well, from bread to bagels. It's not a particularly speedy toaster, but it does the job well. So far so good!

GTECH Cordless Sweeper 7.2v NiMH SW02
GTECH Cordless Sweeper 7.2v NiMH SW02
Offered by BA YEOMANS & SON

2.0 out of 5 stars Gtech Blechh!!, 12 April 2014
I really wanted one of these, and after reading the reviews thought I had found the sweeper to use as a runaround every day, enabling me to drag dear old Henry out from under the stairs only once a week for a good clean, thus saving my aching back. It turned up quickly and charged up fine but oh dear, it picked up the fluff and grunge really well-then put it back down again in neat fluffy piles elsewhere. I thought it was me, maybe I'm using it on the wrong carpet (daft really, what is the right carpet, it should sweep it up anyhow) but on carpet, rug or mat or tiles the result was the same. It had some sort of fault, a sort of sweeper version of a vomiting bug. Trust me to get the one that was sick after all the glowing accounts! Anyhow on resolving to send it back to Amazon (who were very helpful, thanks!!) I came across the next problem-once the lower handle attachment was on, it couldn't be removed to fit back in its original box. I understand from reviews this is the part of the machine that breaks off a lot-but it wouldn't budge. Even Gtech didn't seem to know how to get it moved. So please be aware of this if you have a vomiting sweeper and need to send it back. For the time being I am sticking with my ancient Ewbank- and my aching back!

Fast Freddie The Widow & Me - Starring Laurence Fox, Tamzin Outhwaite, Jack McMullen and Sarah Smart - As Seen on ITV1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Laurence Fox

5.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Freddie-Great show, shame about the disc!, 18 Mar 2014
I have seen this a couple of times on TV and really liked it, so wanted a 'proper' copy of it. I got one for Christmas, as a gift, which alas was faulty-the same problem described by previous reviewers of it, the disc froze after about 30 minutes and then started jerking about. Got another copy - alas, same problem. I did ask if the problem had been resolved, before trying again in February and, like a previous reviewer here, was told it had been- I could order with confidence. Err..no. It wasn't third time lucky for me, the disc was still suffering from the same complaint as the previous two, freezing then jerking about 30 minutes or so in. In the end, I returned the disc and thought I'd wait until nearer Christmas to order it again-maybe the problem will be sorted by then. Shame, because it's a great story, but the dodgy disc problem really needs to be sorted out. If you get one that's working properly hang on to it! So five stars for Freddie as a story - but none for the disc!

Lost Christmas - BBC1 - Starring BAFTA, Olivier and two-time Emmy award-winner Eddie Izzard & Jason Flemyng [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eddie Izzard

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Jan 2013
I watched this when it was first shown on the BBC back in Christmas 2011, not really knowing what it was about, but I love a good Christmas story and so I thought, give it a try, why not. So glad I did. It's a moving, beautifully acted film of loss, love and hope. Only difference I've found on the DVD is a change to the Christmas song that's played - it was 'Wonderful Christmas Time' sung by, I think, Tom McCrae on the original BBC showing, but it's been changed to a song called 'Perfect Christmas'-still in perfect keeping with the story, though. Maybe someone else knows why the song was changed, just out of curiosity! That said, it's a great DVD,just right for Christmas. Buy it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2014 6:27 PM BST

First4Spares Turbo Brush For Henry Hetty Vacuum Cleaners
First4Spares Turbo Brush For Henry Hetty Vacuum Cleaners
Offered by SPARES-2-GO

5.0 out of 5 stars Weird looking but works well, 20 July 2012
I got this to replace my original Henry turbo floor head. Being a bit strapped for dosh, I thought I had better take a gamble on it after reading the reviews as I was relying on my old spare hoover to clean, which is a bit of a beast to push about. This arrived quickly, and I'm pleased to say works very well, picking up quickly and without a lot of effort, so it's a bit easier on the shoulders and back to push the thing about. Free P&P as well and turned up very quickly. It's a bit on the ugly side, but who cares, it works. A good buy.

Numatic (Henry) Main Combination Floor Tool (270mm)
Numatic (Henry) Main Combination Floor Tool (270mm)
Offered by Suds-Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 20 July 2012
I got this because my original Henry floor head wasn't picking up well. Being a bit strapped for dosh I got this after reading the reviews,and have to say although it's not perhaps as sturdy as the original it does a good job and is great value for money, especially with the free postage and packing. Item was securely packaged and arrived promptly. All in all a good buy.

The Very Best Of Badfinger
The Very Best Of Badfinger
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars The very best of Badfinger, 20 July 2012
I can only add to the other people praising this CD. There are different styles of songs on this CD and all of them are good, if not great. Very 'Beatle' like on some, you could almost imagine the Beatles recording the songs themselves, but that's not to take anything away from Badfinger, who deserved so much more. A remarkable talent, and a brilliant CD.

Gnaw Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter - Chocolate Handmade in Gnorfolk
Gnaw Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter - Chocolate Handmade in Gnorfolk
Offered by VITAMINS EUROPE

3.0 out of 5 stars GNAW peanut butter bar, 28 Jun 2012
I was expecting something different to this.Unfortunately it didn't live up to its promise.If it had peanut butter in it I didn't find it! It had lots of peanuts, and may have had butter in it,but that's where the resemblance ended. if you are expecting something like a reese's peanut butter bar or the new kit kat peanut butter bar with a peanut butter filling, you will be disappointed.
It's a nice chocolate bar, but should really be named a chocolate peanut bar rather than peanut butter.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4