Profile for JacBanBoo > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Tap Root Manuscript
Tap Root Manuscript

5.0 out of 5 stars weirdly wonderful, 27 Nov 2011
This review is from: Tap Root Manuscript (Audio CD)
I used to have this in album form - and it seemed slightly unusual even in the 70's! The tracks are very varied, and some take you by surprise - especially the African themed ones, which seem to me to spring up out of nowhere - that said, though, it's a great album, and one I've always loved, because it's so different and varied. A classic.

Christmas Carols and Motets (The Tallis Scolars) (Gimmell)
Christmas Carols and Motets (The Tallis Scolars) (Gimmell)

5.0 out of 5 stars A real gem, 21 July 2011
I've had this CD for many years,originally I had it in tape form and almost wore it out.A really lovely collection of Christmas music and beautifully sung by The Tallis Scholars.Apart from one or two livelier tracks - (especially the first - very jolly!) this CD is for most part very gentle,and in some ways very moving. If you are looking for a sing-a-long carol album then this album is not for you, but if you want to relax and really feel the spirit of Christmas,this CD is truly a must.Absolutely beautiful and a credit to The Tallis Scholars.

Christmas Night
Christmas Night

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful Christmas Night, 21 July 2011
This review is from: Christmas Night (Audio CD)
This is probably my favourite Christmas CD. I have had this for years (originally in tape form) and I never tire of hearing it. The singing is wonderful.If you want to draw the curtains against the dark, put on the Christmas lights, have a glass of something and simply relax, this will transport you away from your worries and woes.If you like watching 'Carols from Kings', and enjoy the gentler pieces of music sung, then you will enjoy this. I cannot praise it enough.Beautiful.

Tales From the Crow Man
Tales From the Crow Man

5.0 out of 5 stars A real cracker!, 16 July 2011
This review is from: Tales From the Crow Man (Audio CD)
I've never been lucky enough to see Damh live,but enjoy all his CDs very much and this one is no exception. This CD features Damh's versions of traditional songs and very good they are. Especially fond of 'Wild Mountain Thyme' and 'The Selkie'.A fabulous album.

On a Heart Wave
On a Heart Wave
Offered by thebookcommunity

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, 16 July 2011
This review is from: On a Heart Wave (Audio CD)
I love this CD. My daughter has it and I always wanted a copy of it, especially as sadly Chris has deleted many of his earlier CDs - (bring 'em back Chris!)This CD has a very varied range of songs and is relaxing and easy to listen to. I was so pleased to get it and at a bargain price. Well worth a gamble.

The Cauldron Born by Damh the Bard
The Cauldron Born by Damh the Bard
Offered by HANG LOOSE Records

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cauldron Born, 14 July 2011
Another cracker from Damh.This bloke deserves every bit of praise he gets for this album - in fact, every album he has brought out. His songs cover slow and dreamy and fast and jolly. Great stuff.

Womens/Ladies Grey Sports Sandals With Hook & Loop Fastening Small Fit - Grey (Ashland) - UK 3-8

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy sandals, 19 May 2011
I had several pairs of Earth Spirit sandals in Santa Cruz which I have worn to death over the past 2-3 years and needed a new pair. This is a slightly different style (being 'Santa Cruz 2' rather than 'Santa Cruz')but I find them a really comfortable sandal to walk on and easy to adjust if one foot is wider than the other- like mine!.Finding comfy sandals is a bit of a nightmare but I hoped from previous wear of this style sandal that I would not go too far wrong with these and thankfully I was right.I cannot fault the speed of delivery of the company used.All in all a great sandal at a reasonable price.

Light From A Distant Shore
Light From A Distant Shore
Offered by rbmbooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Light from a distant Shore, 18 Mar 2011
I first heard this CD playing in a shop in St.Ives, Cornwall,quite a few years ago and it stuck in my mind-to my joy I found it by chance on a holiday in York a year or so later. My favourite track is 'Fallen Flowers', which I find very moving, but all the songs are very good and the CD is well worth trying.She has a lovely, smokey voice and deserves to be heard by a wider audience.TOP MARKS.

An Audience with Ken Dodd [DVD]
An Audience with Ken Dodd [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lorna Dickinson
Offered by Not2day Media

5.0 out of 5 stars King Ken, 17 Mar 2011
I remember watching this on TV when it was first on,and have had it on a video for many years - great to get it in DVD.You can't help but laugh at this, and no matter how many times I've watched it,it never fails to cheer me up.One of our last, great comediens and a national treasure. Hail King Ken!

Hills they are Hollow
Hills they are Hollow

5.0 out of 5 stars Hills they are Hollow, 23 Feb 2011
This review is from: Hills they are Hollow (Audio CD)
Another gem from Damh.Worth buying for 'Lady of the Silver Wheel', ' The Voyage of Bran' and 'Samhaim Eve' alone. If you like Celtic/pagan folk music then I'm sure you won't find this a let down in any way. Great stuff.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4