ARRAY(0xa2686984)

Profile for AnnPan > Reviews

Content by AnnPan

AnnPan (London United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Wenko 10250911100 Shaped Hanger Set, Dark Blue
Wenko 10250911100 Shaped Hanger Set, Dark Blue
Price: 8.04

4.0 out of 5 stars great hangers, 17 July 2013
The shank on the hook is rather short, but otherwise these are fantastic hangers for shirts with their grippy coating and perfect shape. A good investment!

The Book of Nonsense
The Book of Nonsense
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nonsense, of course, 23 Nov 2012
I grew up being read to from this marvellous book by my father. Yes it's dated and mad but what a great book!

Animals in Translation: The Woman Who Thinks Like a Cow
Animals in Translation: The Woman Who Thinks Like a Cow
by Temple Grandin
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting stuff, 23 Nov 2012
If you own an animal do read this book. Temple has some of the most fascinating insights I have ever read about animals and this is incredibly informative.

Thinking in Pictures
Thinking in Pictures
Price: 4.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 23 Nov 2012
Having watched the eponymous movie about Temple Grandin starring Clare Danes, I wanted to know more. This is fascinating and informative about Temple herself, autism and her work with animals.

Lily's Kitchen Homestyle Chicken and Turkey Casserole for dogs 400g (Pack of 6)
Lily's Kitchen Homestyle Chicken and Turkey Casserole for dogs 400g (Pack of 6)
Price: 10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 23 Nov 2012
Smells and tastes so much better than other dog foods and my dog loves it. Yes, it's expensive compared to those other well-known brands but you can actually identify what's in it!

Lily's Kitchen Slow Cooked Lamb Hotpot for Dogs 400g (Pack of 6)
Lily's Kitchen Slow Cooked Lamb Hotpot for Dogs 400g (Pack of 6)
Price: 10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 23 Nov 2012
Smells and tastes so much better than other dog foods and my dog loves it. Yes, it's expensive compared to those well-known brands but you can actually identify what' in it!

The Book of Food: A Cook's Guide to over 1,000 Exotic and Everyday Ingredients
The Book of Food: A Cook's Guide to over 1,000 Exotic and Everyday Ingredients
by Frances Bissell

5.0 out of 5 stars Goldmine for cooks, 23 Nov 2012
I bought the original Sainsbury's book of food and have referred to it so often over the years that I wanted another to give my sister-in-law. Want to know what that fish is or nut, veg, fruit or cut of meat - it's all here with good photos for identifying new ingredients and alternative names. A little dated now but still a really useful reference book. Just wish Sainsbury's would publish an updated version!

Terrapin TPU Gel Skin Case for iPhone 5S - Solid Black
Terrapin TPU Gel Skin Case for iPhone 5S - Solid Black
Price: 4.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value, 23 Nov 2012
This is much nicer than I expected for the price. As other reviewers have mentioned, the bottom is a bit flimsy, but it's a lovely thin case that is secure but easy to get off and on, and it's shiny so it doesn't stick to your pocket or handbag liner like some rubbery/siliconey cases. It looks nice, fits well and I can't believe the price! Still waiting for the full range of covers to appear for this model phone and this is an excellent stop-gap to protect my phone. So nice I might not even get another one!

SanDisk 32GB Extreme SDHC 45MB/s Class 10 UHS-I Memory Card
SanDisk 32GB Extreme SDHC 45MB/s Class 10 UHS-I Memory Card
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent card as ever, 23 Nov 2012
Good quality, reliable card. Bought for my son's Blackberry - he's happy. I've always used Sandisk and I think they are worth the extra money.

Dreamland Sleepwell 6988 Super King Size Dual Control Heated Pure Cotton Quilted Fully Fitted Mattress Cover
Offered by Bargains 2 U
Price: 109.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great heating blanket - best I've ever used, 23 Nov 2012
In general these are very good heating blankets. We have a really deep super-kingsize bed and it actually fits properly. I've never before found a quilted mattress protector or a fitted sheet that is truly generous enough to fit our bed so this seems miraculous. (Until a couple of months ago we used two single tie-on heating blankets tied together as it was the best arrangement I could find as I didn't fancy an artificial-fibre fleecy fitted heating blanket.) Even on our big bed the fit is so generous that I can get the heating wires pretty much to the very bottom of the bed to keep our toes warm. So the other reviewers were right about the size - I just hope it doesn't shrink when I wash it.

We also have a double one on a double bed with a medium thick mattress and it is a bit too big, so I have kept the old cotton quilted mattress protector on underneath to bulk the mattress up a bit and make it fit better. But it means you can get the heating wires even closer to the sides and bottom of the bed which is great.

The fast (6) heat-up setting is remarkably quick - if you switch it on while you are in bed (which you aren't meant to, of course) you can actually feel it warming up in seconds. The other settings 1-5 are all safe to sleep on. With the higher settings you are spared from waking up in a too-hot bed because you can set the timer to turn your blanket off after an hour. For low settings that you want on all night you can set the timer to 8 or 9 hours (can't remember which) and then you don't have to remember to turn it off when you get up in the morning. (So there are only two timed settings - 1 hour or all night.) If the blanket timer switches off in the night a bright blue flashing light comes on to remind you to turn the blanket off. I keep my controller tucked under my pillow (for ease of reach in the night) so that covers the light and it doesn't bother me. But if you had it hanging out of the bed be warned that it is very bright in the dark. Also, the on-off switch is on the back of the controller rather than with the other settings on top. Not an issue really but you should know, and it is designed in such a way that you couldn't turn it off or on by accident.

The cover is a nice percale cotton, but the wadding in the quilting is polyester, so even without the heating element switched on they are much hotter to sleep on than our previous pure cotton (including wadding) quilted mattress protector. I suspect they might be a bit sweaty in summer and we may have to switch back to the fully cotton mattress protector.

There is no such thing as total perfection in household products in my experience but these come pretty close!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2012 6:09 PM GMT