Profile for Mr David S E Clark > Reviews

964 - EDZ Merino Beanie Hat
964 - EDZ Merino Beanie Hat
Offered by EDZ Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed - it's too tight., 27 Dec. 2013
Although the product quality is very good, it is too tight. I normally need a large size hat and this product is not suitable for someone with that head size. I have given it to my wife and it fits her very well. She takes a small to medium hat.

German Army Issue Goretex, Faux Fur Liner Over Mitt (Medium)
German Army Issue Goretex, Faux Fur Liner Over Mitt (Medium)
Offered by CISSBURY RETAIL

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted - Great Mittens, 7 Dec. 2013
I use mittens for winter hill walking, sometimes in extreme weather conditions. I have struggled to find truly waterproof gloves / mittens even though manufacturers claim their products are waterproof. I find mittens perform better than gloves as they are warmer and it can be difficult to get fingers into gloves when your hands get wet on the hills. These mittens are the best that I have found and they are about a third of the price of other makes. I used them on a day when we had hours of driving rain. Although they did eventually leak (after about 2 or 3 hours of very heavy rain), that performance was far better than others makes that I have tried. I suffer from very cold hands and I have found these mittens to be extremely warm. A very minor down side is that they are a bit heavy (295g for medium size), but they are worth carrying. They are also big for their size. I normally buy large size gloves / mittens, but medium size fit me perfectly.

SealSkinz Ultra Grip Gloves-Black-XL
SealSkinz Ultra Grip Gloves-Black-XL
Offered by Dennis Winter leven ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Not waterproof, 1 Sept. 2013
I bought these gloves for hill walking in cool conditions. I knew I would need warmer gloves for the winter, but expected them to be waterproof. The first time I used them, we had a few heavy, short showers and the gloves felt damp inside. On my second use, we had about 2 hours of driving rain. Although I was careful to ensure that the water did not run inside the cuffs, the gloves became totally saturated after about an hour of rain. They are clearly not 100% waterproof as described. I would describe them as shower proof and I'm very disappointed with their performance.

SealSkinz Waterproof Beanie Hat - Large to Extra Large (Red)
SealSkinz Waterproof Beanie Hat - Large to Extra Large (Red)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent hat for the hills, 16 Aug. 2013
I have used one of these hats for winter hill walking. They work really well, keeping my head warm and dry. I've been so pleased with it so have now bought a second one.

Berghaus Mens Paclite Gore-Tex Lightweight Jacket - Black, X-Large
Berghaus Mens Paclite Gore-Tex Lightweight Jacket - Black, X-Large
Offered by Snow+Rock

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed - it's not waterproof, 16 Aug. 2013
I bought this jacket for summer hill walking. I put it to the test on a very showery day on Ben Lui. Heavy rain came down when we were half way up the mountain and I put on my Paclite jacket and Paclite trousers. Having spent over £200 on the equipment, I felt confident I would stay reasonably dry and comfortable. After an hour of heavy rain I felt very wet. I thought it could be a combination of condensation and perspiration. The jacket's next main test came on Skye. We went for a coast walk and after lunch the sky opened and the wind blew. After a 2 hour walk back to civilisation in those conditions I was soaking - so was my wife who also had on a Paclite jacket. Our jackets were not good enough for such conditions. They work well for short showers and are suitable for a walk in the park - but you don't spend that sort of money on jackets to walk in the park!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not breathable, 5 April 2013
Although these gloves are very warm, they are not breathable and the inside takes ages to dry out. Hands feel damp due to lack of breathability, therefore they are not pleasant to wear.

ADAPTOR UK TO CHINA, AUSTRALIA, NEW-ZEALAND AND THE SOUTH PACIFIC ISLANDS
ADAPTOR UK TO CHINA, AUSTRALIA, NEW-ZEALAND AND THE SOUTH PACIFIC ISLANDS
Offered by SmartphonExpert

3.0 out of 5 stars Apple plugs for ipads etc do not fit., 26 Mar. 2013
I bought this adaptor to recharge an ipad on a trip to China. However, the Apple plugs will not fit into the adaptor. I have noticed that Apple plugs tend to be quite tight in normal sockets at home. However this adaptor and Apple plugs appear to be incompatible. I tried an ordinary 3 pin British plug with the adaptor and it fitted, although it was quite a tight fit. Hence, I have given it a 3 star marking as it probably works with most plugs, but not with Apple plugs.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2014 4:49 PM BST

Snugg iPad Mini & Mini 2 Case - Smart Cover with Flip Stand & Lifetime Guarantee (Blue Denim Leather) for Apple iPad Mini & Mini 2 with Retina
Offered by TheSnugg

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb product, 26 Mar. 2013
I'm absolutely delighted with this case. It fits perfectly, the quality is outstanding and it looks great. The magnetic on/off switch operating the ipad mini is also an excellent feature, as is the pen holder. I fully recommend this product.