Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Mens Padded Check Work Shirt Red Black 2XL
Mens Padded Check Work Shirt Red Black 2XL
Offered by GAFFER DEALS

1.0 out of 5 stars Men's padded quilted lined shirts, 15 Nov. 2014
The shirt was good quality for the price paid and it arrived quite quickly.

However, whoever makes such shirts have changed the sizes. In the old days you got an XL or 2XL that fitted burly sorts of men. With the present manufacture, it is difficult buttoning up across chest and the stomach area. For short built men who have a good girth, going for 3XL could produce sleeves and body length that are too long. Several years ago, I could pick one of such off a hanger and it would fit me that was XL.

My refunds were returned in quick time. So, no problems with the this supplier.

Humphreys Garden Darwin Hybrid Tulip Apeldoorn x 50 bulbs
Humphreys Garden Darwin Hybrid Tulip Apeldoorn x 50 bulbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Darwin Hybrid Tulips, 30 Dec. 2013
I needed good quality Darwins, so I sought them from Amazon, for a late in season supplier. Bulbs in perfect condition at good price. Satisfied.

Biological Science: Volume 1: Organisms, Energy and Environment: Vol 1
Biological Science: Volume 1: Organisms, Energy and Environment: Vol 1
by N. P. O. Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Biological Science Book, 2 Sept. 2013
This book has enthralled me as an old timer with a love of Biology. I found it great for giving clear explanations of the different pathways e.g. Glycolyises, Krebs Cycle etc. It is very useful to complement other Biology books. I even bought another copy for a school boy who shares my interest in Life processes. It is not too high brow and suits the ordinary person studying Biology for the love of it, and as a useful textbook for students preparing for university.

The War Against the Jews, 1933-45
The War Against the Jews, 1933-45
by Lucy S. Dawidowicz

5.0 out of 5 stars Jewish persecution under the Nazis, 2 Sept. 2013
As an old student of what has gone on in European history, I found this book excellent to increase my knowledge of the suffering of the Jews in the Nazi era. It is packed with detail and requires careful reading to take in the information presented in such a form. Excellent work.

The Liberty To Choose
The Liberty To Choose

5.0 out of 5 stars Folks Songs of Britain, 2 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Liberty To Choose (Audio CD)
I got what I wanted - the good singers and songs that I love to hear. The picture of the large horse was well chosen; a reminder of former days.

British Butterflies (Bure)
British Butterflies (Bure)
by Paul Morrison

4.0 out of 5 stars British Butterfly Book, 2 Sept. 2013
Just what I required as a gift for two friends who wanted to learn more about butterflies. Concise and to the point, but could have done with a wee chart showing the sexual dimorphism of UK butterflies; even a small chart containing the most common butterflies with male and female characteristics would have helped to explain identification of the Whites, the Common Blue and some of the Browns.

Sons of the Wolf: Campbells and MacGregors and the Cleansing of the Inland Glens
by Ronald Williams

4.0 out of 5 stars Checking out my clan ancestors, 26 Feb. 2012
I have begun a thorough study of various episodes in Scottish history, and this book has helped me considerably. As I am currently reading A Legend of Montrose by Sir Walter Scott, it is helping me appreciate the work more, and to understand the politics and religious beliefs at that time, 16/17 centuries Scotland. The publisher hails from Colonsay and it my intention to support such local publishing of Scottish items.