Profile for Tory > Reviews

Mozart in the Jungle Season 2
Mozart in the Jungle Season 2
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and educational show, 17 Jan. 2016
Watched both season in over a long weekend. So enjoyable. I'm a fan of the 30 minute episodes and I find the story enticing and the characters realistic with some wonderful acting. Also I feel that this show fills a niche in the market. They're aren't many shows that contain real musicians and it real inspired me to pick up an instrument again. It has also educated me on how orchestras work and what an oboe is! Additionally it's made me want to go and see an orchestra play live and given me appreciation of why the tickets cost so much! Cannot wait for season 3.

Tetra Freshdelica Brine Shrimp - 16x3g
Tetra Freshdelica Brine Shrimp - 16x3g
Offered by Yorkshire Aquatics & Pets

4.0 out of 5 stars Fish like it, 20 May 2015
Fish seem to like it and each packet lasts a few days

JETech® Diamond 2 Serial iPad Mini II with Retina Display (Fits Both iPad Mini 1 and 2) - iPad Mini Leather Case Smart Cover for Apple iPad Mini and the New iPad Mini II with Retina Display (2nd Generation) - Latest Version for All iPad Mini Models with Built-In Magnet for Sleep/Wake Feature and Built-in Multi-Angle Stand (White-Plum)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the colours I expected but still pleased, 20 May 2015
Nice for the price, slightly paler than expected. I thought it was beige but it's more of a shimmery pale gold which I don't mind but it may get marked easily, we add shall see. Also the inside is more a bright pink rather than 'plum' however I really like it anyway. It seems well made and my iPad feels nice and secure and protected in it which is ultimately why I bought it. Overall I am pleased with it despite it not being the colours I expected.

Xtra-Funky Exclusive Soft Silicone Flower Floral & Butterflies Case for HTC Sensation XE
Offered by Xtra-Funky Ltd (VAT Registered)

3.0 out of 5 stars Wears easily, 19 Mar. 2013
I've had this cover about a month and though it looks nice, the paint on the sides has worn away quite quickly.

Walking on Broken Glass
Walking on Broken Glass

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 5 Nov. 2011
I bought this book simply because it was free at the time and I needed something to read travelling to and from work. If I am honest I was not expecting great things from it as other free books have been ok, but not something I would read once I got home. However, as with many things in life, I found it surprised me. I was almost sad when my journey finished as that meant I had to put the book down!
The basic story line is about an average, married, suburban women entering rehab to deal with her drinking problem. On the surface it has a uncomplicated storyline but the author makes it rich by the depth she gives to the characters that surround the lead. From the members of the rehab clinic to her supportive best friend and decidedly un-supportive husband, by the end of the novel you feel you know each of them almost as well Leah, the main character. Also, unlike some novels dealing with the issue of alcoholism and addiction, I don't think you need to have experienced the issues Leah is going through to get the most out of the novel.
It is a well written first person narrative and Leah's thoughts and reactions to the situation she finds herself in are so believable you find yourself getting really attached to the story. I believe that is the way a good novel should make you feel and I would suggest this novel to women of all ages as the content is accessible to anyone. I would happily pay the full price for this novel and I am now planning to read some more books published by this author.