Profile for Reader > Reviews

Reader (UK)

Shattered Lives: Children Who Live with Courage and Dignity
Shattered Lives: Children Who Live with Courage and Dignity

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocking!, 6 Jun 2013
Having read Mind the child, I was more prepared for the scenarios that children have lived through. However its still very upsetting to know that children in the UK are suffering in this way!

The Good Thief's Guide to Venice (Good Thief's Guides Book 4)
The Good Thief's Guide to Venice (Good Thief's Guides Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 6 Jun 2013
I couldn't put this book down. I have no interest in criminal activity, but this author made the book so entertaining, gripping and compelling reading!

Kung Fu Trip (Quick Reads Edition)
Kung Fu Trip (Quick Reads Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amusing and entertaining, 6 Jun 2013
Excellent! I'm writing this review months after reading it but I can remember chuckling and enjoying the wit and humour!

Mind The Child: The Victoria Line (Penguin Underground Lines)
Mind The Child: The Victoria Line (Penguin Underground Lines)

5.0 out of 5 stars A real eye-opener!, 6 Jun 2013
I hadn't realised that such extreme levels of suffering for kids was going on in the UK!

I cried when I read this book, not for the kids, but those responsible for their suffering and the agencies that let them down. I also cried for myself, how did I not know this was going on? What could I do to help?

I'd really like our taxes to go to protecting the rights and living conditions of the young and the elderly instead of illegal wars overseas. Billions spent on wars and how much invested for the kids and the elderly? We have a responsibility here!!!

The Delphi Chronicle, Bundle Book 2 & 3 - The Tortoise and the Hare, and Phoenix Rising

5.0 out of 5 stars Page turner, 6 Jun 2013
Another worrying Russell Blake book with a mixture of fiction and non-fiction (oh no! I didn't mask my IP address! lol).

Though not quite a complete happy ever after ending as the baddy at the end would be replaced by another baddy!

The Geronimo Breach (Action / Conspiracy Thriller)
The Geronimo Breach (Action / Conspiracy Thriller)

5.0 out of 5 stars Page turner - I really needed to know what was on the camera!!!, 6 Jun 2013
Another book by Russell Blake with worrying concerns of what bit of this book was fiction and what was non-fiction...

I liked the non-traditional non-hero character.

JET - Legacy: (Volume 5)
JET - Legacy: (Volume 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page turner from Jet I to Jet V, 6 Jun 2013
Eagerly awaiting Jet VI ... and I'm thinking that David is still alive!

Some worrying story lines about corruption that make you wonder what parts are fiction and what are non-fiction?

Highly entertaining and over the top in places - Excellent!

Housework Blues - A Survival Guide: How to cope with the mental and emotional challenge of keeping a home

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent advice!!!, 6 Jun 2013
WOW! Each chapter was about why I didn't want to do housework!

- Overwhelm
- Futility
- No energy
- Boredom
- Inferiority
- Superiority
- No motivation

This book had good answers on how to deal with each of these barriers as well as humorous and beneficial quotes. My favourite being:

'The cruel irony of housework is that no-one notices it until its not done'

So if you've been buying books on how to do housework and things are not improving, this book could help overcome the other barriers! The internal ones!

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reading tool!!!, 6 Jun 2013
GOOD POINTS:
- lighter than a book
- no harsh lighting
- easy on the eyes
- adjustable fonts so if a book has a font or font size that is not to your liking, a few clicks of buttons fixes that

NEGATIVE POINTS:
- not enough space for all the books I've put on (though you can send books to archive, by deleting and they can still be accessed later on. However it makes the categorising of books pointless as they need to be deleted)
- can't read in the dark

Overall I was very pleased and am still very pleased with this product 4 months on. I'd definitely recommend it.

The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands
The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands

5.0 out of 5 stars Turning destructive feminist theories on their head!, 3 Feb 2013
I've really benefited from the refreshing perspective this book offered. I'd recommend all wives to read it! How to be a team in a marriage, rather than all about me.