Profile for Cath Casey > Reviews

Silver Linings Playbook [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bradley Cooper
Price: 5.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Struggle to understand the gongs, 25 Jan 2014
I have been looking forward to watching this film, carefully choosing a time where my son and husband would not be there so I could listen without comments. However, I ahve to say I am completely stunned by the awards? It was an OK romcom to watch on a Sunday after cooking lunch and a few glasses of wine, you could drop off to sleep for a good half hour and miss nothing. The joke about stereotype asian consultant made my skin crawl, not funny. Actually, the more I write the more I realise how much I disliked it, so I had better stop. I thought the acting was completely over the top too.

Walnut Wooden Shoe Rack - Stacking
Walnut Wooden Shoe Rack - Stacking
Offered by SelectiveGoods
Price: 16.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: Walnut Wooden Shoe Rack - Stacking
A little smaller than I imagined, but good value for money and stood up to wear and tare well. Looks nice in hall

Free standing towel stand with 3 hanging arms - Chrome
Free standing towel stand with 3 hanging arms - Chrome
Offered by HOME SOLUTIONS
Price: 17.10

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok but falls over, 6 Mar 2013
Looks ok and kept it's shine,but if more than one towel put on it falls over. The base needed to be bigger to balance the weight of wet towels.

300 cms x 137 cms Of Ivory Heat / Scratch Resistant Table Protector By Rejuvopedic -
Offered by The Linen Depot
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 6 Mar 2013
Would have been twice the price in John Lewis. Fits large table perfectly, a really good buy. Protects against spills.

Salter 484 Mechanical Bathroom Scale with Magnifying Lens
Salter 484 Mechanical Bathroom Scale with Magnifying Lens
Price: 7.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Should have sent it back, 6 Mar 2013
These scales are very small and lightweight. Have to be honest, they read differently every time I use them, and this can be as much as half a stone. The dial flickers and the scales are not stable.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy, 6 Mar 2013
Sometimes risky to buy this kind of thong on line as the photos can be flattering.
But this was better than in phot and looks great on the gate of our old Norfolk home.

JUMP SUEDE HEEL GRIPS
JUMP SUEDE HEEL GRIPS
Offered by Bs Homewares
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: JUMP SUEDE HEEL GRIPS (Apparel)
New court shoes falling off- these solved it. Really strong adhesive, good padding and easy to apply. Still working after 3 months.

Daniel Craig 007 Triple Pack: Casino Royale / Quantum of Solace / Skyfall [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig
Offered by A2Z Entertains
Price: 12.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Bond on form., 6 Mar 2013
I have seen all these films at the cinema and loved them. So I was reluctant to view on the small scree.
However, I had forgotten what good films Quantum and Casino are. Watched all three in three days and it was interesting to see Daniel Craig and Judy Dench's characters develop.
They are really classy films, strong; characters, stories,and action. British cinema at it's best.

Romanzo Criminale - Stagione 02 (4 Dvd)
Romanzo Criminale - Stagione 02 (4 Dvd)
Dvd ~ Pasquale Catalano
Offered by VECOSELL
Price: 17.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Great characters- no spoilers, 6 Mar 2013
Stumbled accross season 1 by insomnia related chance. It is like a sort of Sopranos/ Life on Mars hybrid. Season 2 sees many of the Characters develop and some new ones- I particularly like Donatella, a feisty female gangster which adds a dimention to the female roles, dare I say a little "mother/whore" in Series 1.I won't Spoil the story, but it is fast paced with some surprises and just as much violence. I'm addicted!

Romanzo Criminale - Season 1 (No English Subtitles)
Romanzo Criminale - Season 1 (No English Subtitles)
Dvd ~ Pasquale Catalano
Offered by d-uk
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I agree with John!, 4 Dec 2011
I am also following the TV series which I stumbled upon. It is a sort of cross between life on mars and the Sopranos. The characters are complex, especially Freddo. The police are portrayed in a way that I have not really seen in uk or USA series. It is really interesting to glimpse aspects of italian life we don't usually see, i am totally addicted! I would like to get both series and it would be helpful to make it clear that there were english subtitles.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2011 9:34 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2