Profile for Mary > Reviews

Content by Mary

Mary (Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Safe Man: A Ghost Story
The Safe Man: A Ghost Story

1.0 out of 5 stars A Short Story not a novel!, 2 May 2015
This book is a short story not a novel. I bought two Michael Connelly books tonight - I think I have just found out the downside to book files such as Kindle and that is you have to rely on a honest description Twice in one night I've been got. Total length advertised 270 pages but the book ends at 39%! What follows is the start/review for another book. I wanted a novel to get my teeth into - I'm not a fan of short stories and if I can't be sure of what I'm buying well... I've just gone off Mr Connelly, I won't be buying another book of his for a while. You couldn't get away with this if you bought from a book shop however, it should be remembered that not everyone can hold books.

Mulholland Dive: Three Stories (Harry Bosch)
Mulholland Dive: Three Stories (Harry Bosch)

1.0 out of 5 stars Harry Bosch where? You'd need to be a detective to find him!, 1 May 2015
Harry Bosch? Where? Very short stories quicker to read than to download! The new book review you get with Android Kindle App gives a reading time of 1hr 55mins and a total page count of 240, however at the end if the third short story you're only at 48%! If you're up for paying for a book review then you won't be disappointed.

Mistress of Masks: Catalysts of Chaos, Book 1
Mistress of Masks: Catalysts of Chaos, Book 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Greenwood is a good first step in a series, 24 Jan. 2015
Bought this book as part of a fantasy book set which let me comment on the mixed set, but, it wouldn't let me comment the books individual, which is why I'm here.

Mistress of Masks by C.Greenwood is a good first step in a series. More than that it makes a good 'standalone' book, which most of theses 'new series' don't. I am really looking forward to the next in next one in the series.

Beadalon 1.7/ 8-inch Square Steel Chrome Plated Block
Beadalon 1.7/ 8-inch Square Steel Chrome Plated Block
Offered by Compact Compatibles

1.0 out of 5 stars It is not Beadalon it's Artist Wire, 28 Oct. 2013
Which is half the size of the Beadalon. It is 41/2 cm wide by the same in lenght - where the 8 inch square comes in I have no idea but draw it out - it's just the right size for hitting your fingers!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2014 7:02 PM GMT

Made in the Shade: a Zentangle Workbook
Made in the Shade: a Zentangle Workbook
by Cris Letourneau CZT

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Buy, 19 Mar. 2013
Unlike other forms of art - tangles can be shaded in more than one way. In fact a picture can be shaded in many different ways which means you could end up with a totally different looking picture depending on what you do. This book not only shows the different ways but gives you the chance to try your hand. The images used aren't all by the same artist which allows the author to give advice on a wider basis. In my experience tangles aren't complete without shading - it really does 'lift' the tangle from being a mere doodle into a work of art.

2015 one day to a page A4 diary with leather effect hard back cover and metal corner x 1 single

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price and a Great Diary, 22 Jan. 2013
I was expecting this to be cheap paper etc but no it is the same as the higher priced ones

Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death and Hope in a Mumbai Slum
Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death and Hope in a Mumbai Slum
by Katherine Boo

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Moving., 16 Sept. 2012
I bought this book for my husband - at his request. He enjoyed it very much and said it was the most moving book he had read in ages. It's currently being read by our 21 year old daughter who seems just as touched by it. I am looking forward to my turn.

LuvTab BLACK Asus EeePad Transformer TF101 10.1 inch Multifunctional / Multi Angle Luxury Executive Wallet / Cover / Stand / Typing Case - Fits all versions / models

5.0 out of 5 stars Asus EeePad Case, 4 April 2012
When I got my TF101 there wasn't a case available so just got the best fit. As soon as this became available I got it and I am really pleased that I did. It looks great and I feel that my EeePad has some protection if I ever drop it. The multi angle works well and it is easy, comfortable to type on which ever way you stand it up. The only time the case is removed is when I connect the keyboard. (I keep the keyboard in the old case).

Perfect Pitch: The Art of Selling Ideas and Winning New Business (Adweek Books)
Perfect Pitch: The Art of Selling Ideas and Winning New Business (Adweek Books)
by Jon Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Ended up buying two!, 4 April 2012
I bought this for a gift for my partner not knowing he had just ordered it himself. Anyway, he loved it so much that he didn't want to pass it on to our daughter as he would have done (they are both into the same thing) so they ended up with one each. They both loved it.

Creative Paint Workshop for Mixed-Media Artists: Experimental Techniques for Composition, Layering, Texture, Imagery, and Encaustic
by Ann Baldwin
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Gift, 4 April 2012
Beautiful book lovely to look at and touch. I can't put it down. Only one slight drawback the book is from America is all the contact details for supplies aren't really relevant for the UK!! But, please don't let that put you off:-)

Page: 1 | 2