Profile for G. Maunder > Reviews

Content by G. Maunder

G. Maunder

Page: 1 | 2
Universal Desktop Stand For Mobile Phone Tablet PC, ZVE Aluminium Tablet Stand, Cellphone Holder Cradle, iWatch Stand with iWatch Cases 42mm, Charging Dock for Smartphone and Tablets (Stand with Watch Cases 42mm)
Offered by Zvedeng

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy and practical stand, 18 Feb. 2016
This is a very good stand that I'm very pleased with.
As mentioned by other reviewers, it easily could be an Apple product in looks and functionality.
I travel a lot but this stays at home as I personally regard it as too big to take (though it is quite light).
For me the fact the charger for the watch can be removed so easily is a big plus point and yet it is very secure when in place.
Also this stand is perfect for an iPhone that has a case on it (some aren't)
Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Bolsius Gold Tapered Candle 243x24mm (Box 12)
Bolsius Gold Tapered Candle 243x24mm (Box 12)
Offered by Dawn Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and good burning, 18 Jan. 2016
Fast delivery and good candles that burn well

iPhone 6 Screen Protector - Anker GlassGuard [2-Pack] (Premium Tempered-Glass Screen Protector with LIFETIME WARRANTY) for Apple iPhone 6 (4.7 inch)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than a new screen, 18 Jan. 2016
Replaced this recently for one that had cracked on dropping the phone BUT had completely protected the screen from breaking. Highly recommend.

The World Was Our Stage: Spanning the Globe with ABC Sports
The World Was Our Stage: Spanning the Globe with ABC Sports
by Doug Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Nov. 2014
Fascinating insight into sports television

Sony GW66VE Waterproof Full HD Camcorder - Black
Sony GW66VE Waterproof Full HD Camcorder - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculously good, 28 Dec. 2013
OK - first things first. I'm a professional television cameraman and work with REAL high end cameras and lenses that cost A LOT of money.
This offering is just RIDICULOUS!!! The picture is amazing and it's easy enough for anyone to use - just open the flip-out screen and press the record button.
Haven't taken it underwater yet but pictures from this have already been transmitted on ITV and BBC!! Just don't let them know ;)
Would love to have a sound input (probably difficult because of the waterproofing) but that is my only gripe and for 99% of uses the built-in mic will be fine.
Buy one - you won't be disappointed!

COCKTAIL AUDIO X10 Music system without HDD
COCKTAIL AUDIO X10 Music system without HDD

5.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward and easy to use, 28 Dec. 2013
Having looked for a while for a device to store and then stream my music collection I opted for this (to which I added a 3TB HDD - Western Digital Red for under £100).
It has been a breeze to use and I'm currently adding all my CD's and music from my laptop onto it.
I chose to buy without the HDD and was glad I did as it was SO easy just to add my own and I got a load more storage for my money and a reliable brand all for much less than the 1TB on offer.
So far, I have only made one 'playlist' but again, it was a breeze to do. Also, having made it (Xmas music) anytime a track came on that we didn't like we just deleted it from the playlist so it won't be there next time (it does carry on playing it in the meantime!!).
Again, the internet radio is easy to navigate.
Will report back after a couple of months maybe but so far, so good.
It does look like it doesn't sort Albums etc in alphabetical order but to a large degree I've circumnavigated this by loading them in order from my CD's. Hopefully this will be sorted with a software release in the not too distant future.
Despite what others have said, however, you CAN play in 'random' or 'shuffle' mode.
The only slight annoyance I've had is not always being able to locate album art but if the worst comes to the worst I'll just download them manually later.
Was great over Christmas and now just building a 'dance' playlist to see in the New Year.
Enjoying this A LOT!!!
Best Christmas present this year (oh yes, that's right - I bought it for myself!!!)

Cocktail Audio X10 Wi-Fi Dongle
Cocktail Audio X10 Wi-Fi Dongle
Offered by AVING

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works!, 28 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Cocktail Audio X10 Wi-Fi Dongle
Essential add-on for the cocktail - well worth the extra so as not to have to worry about a cable connection. Seems fast enough with our broadband connection

Tikkers Kids Time Teacher Blue Rubber/Silicone Strap Watch TK0002 Football design

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, 14 Jun. 2013
Having searched for a watch for my Grandson's birthday this looked to be the perfect choice to help him learn to tell the time - football based and including 'to' & 'past' times on the outer dial.
HOWEVER even though I normally rely heavily on other peoples feedback, I chose to ignore the poor feedback on this occasion as I liked the product so much.
BIG MISTAKE. The watch arrived on time but the second 'sweep' hand was already stuck on the 'hour' hand so the time wasn't changing. This is such an obvious fault that really should be quality checked BEFORE leaving the factory or being dispatched I was very annoyed.
Luckily managed to buy a similar watch locally that was working.
BEWARE!!!!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value but does need reformatting, 5 Sept. 2011
Got this drive for it's storage size but (as per other users) had to reformat it into NTFS before being able to use it. This also meant losing any files/info/programs that came with it but didn't really care too much about that as just wanted the big storage capability anyway . Does seem a hassle to have to do that though. Having said all that, if you can be bothered to do a very simple format job (through the drive utility on the pc) and can wait for the 8-10 hours that this will take THEN it's whisper quiet, looks good and is a massive amount of storage for the price.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2012 6:52 PM GMT

Horwood JEA11 1800 W Portable Induction Hob
Horwood JEA11 1800 W Portable Induction Hob
Offered by China Chaps Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Hob, 1 Sept. 2010
Efficient and well priced induction hob although a little irritating that it doesn't work with smaller pans.

Page: 1 | 2