Profile for Mich_Mc > Reviews

Mich_Mc

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Wild Nights with a Lone Wolf
Wild Nights with a Lone Wolf

4.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly enjoyable werewolf novella full of twists, turns ..., 18 Mar. 2015
A thoroughly enjoyable werewolf novella full of twists, turns, mystery and intrigue. One of Elisabeth's hottest tales to date!

Wicked Days with a Lone Wolf
Wicked Days with a Lone Wolf

4.0 out of 5 stars ... the second novella in the series and I really enjoyed catching up with Sherri and Ash as they try ..., 13 Mar. 2015
This is the second novella in the series and I really enjoyed catching up with Sherri and Ash as they try and figure out the intricacies of their relationship while being faced with trouble from both their pasts.

I am really enjoying this series, the characters are interesting and I am enjoying the glimpses of pack dynamics and the differences between those and Ash's status as a Lone Wolf. I am looking forward to the next instalment!

Bridged (Callahan & McLane Book 2)
Bridged (Callahan & McLane Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars Bridged is the 2nd book in the Callahan & McLane series which is a spin-off of the Bone Secrets series and although they, 13 Feb. 2015
4.5 Stars

Bridged is the 2nd book in the Callahan & McLane series which is a spin-off of the Bone Secrets series and although they can be read as stand alone novels I highly recommend reading them all, especially if you love a well written suspense with a dash of romance.

FBI Special Agent Ava McLane finds herself working with her Police Detective boyfriend, Mason Callahan, when their agencies team up to find the identity of a Senator's killer. When they start digging into the case they realise there might be more going on than they initially suspected. With the body count rising and Ava's sister Jayne causing problems can Mason and Ava get through this together or will they return to their more solitary ways?

Ok, let me start by saying I truly did enjoy this book. Some books however have certain triggers that make it hard for some people to read and this book hit some of mine. So where I would usually read Kendra's work in one sitting, this took three. I stuck with it and I am so glad I did. I absolutely loved the way the story went. Kendra never fails to have me on the edge of my seat and mentally screaming at my kindle. I can't wait for the next one!

Hunter Reborn: Moon Shifter Book 5
Hunter Reborn: Moon Shifter Book 5

5.0 out of 5 stars only Larissa has no memory of Aiden or the love they once shared, 5 Feb. 2015
4.5 Stars

This is the 5th book in the Moon Shifter series and it is one of the strongest instalments yet!

Decades ago Aiden's vampire bondmate disappeared without a trace, leaving him devastated as he believed she had died. Now a chance encounter brings her back into his life, only Larissa has no memory of Aiden or the love they once shared. Can they work together to find out what tore them apart as they battle to keep Larissa safe?

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it's renewed my love for the series and I definitely like the way the overall story arc is developing. It was fun catching up with older characters and I am truly intrigued by some of the new additions, I can't wait to discover what is coming next!

Delirium: Reveler Series 6
Delirium: Reveler Series 6

4.0 out of 5 stars this is the sixth instalment in the series and it's another fantastic story from Erin, 14 Jan. 2015
Wow, this is the sixth instalment in the series and it's another fantastic story from Erin.

Slightly less action in this one as we deal with the political fallout from the previous books, it serves it's purpose though and moves the plot along nicely while setting up for further stories and I can't wait to find out what's coming next.

If you like your PNR deliciously dark then these are definitely for you!

A Christmas Wish (A Djinn World Novella)
A Christmas Wish (A Djinn World Novella)

5.0 out of 5 stars I thoroughly enjoyed this tale full of love and betrayal, 4 Jan. 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed this tale full of love and betrayal, just how far would you go to protect the one you love most? Well, Selene is about to find out and it's an action packed novella that follows her journey.

I love paranormal tales on the whole and the whole Djinn/Genie myths really intrigue me, I love Mina's take on it.

This tale had a bit of everything in it and I am looking forward to trying out the recipes, the pancakes sound yummy!

Marked (Dark Protectors Book 7)
Marked (Dark Protectors Book 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing end to the series!, 22 Dec. 2014
This is the 7th and final book in the Dark Protector series and if I'm honest, this is the one I have been looking forward to most.

I have been eagerly anticipating Janie's book since the beginning, the little dream triangle she had going on with both boys throughout the series and through the time jumps had me so curious. Many theories I had were proven correct and Rebecca surprised me in a couple of ways. All the plot holes were ended to my satisfaction and it was a damn good book! I loved the journey and I am looking forward to the spin-off's although I am truly sad to see this part of the series end.

I absolutely loved it! Wish I could award it more than 5 stars.

Blood Moon (Entangled Select Otherworld) (Moon Series)
Blood Moon (Entangled Select Otherworld) (Moon Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book!, 15 Dec. 2014
4.5 Stars

This is the 3rd book in the Moon series and although I didn't quite enjoy it as much as the first two, it was still a really good book!

Nadya has been bitten by a genetically enhanced werewolf and her future is now uncertain. It isn't known exactly what will happen to her or how her body will cope with the change. Gareth has been pushed to the edge, he is struggling with his grief and unsure of his place in the pack, when he is tasked with aiding Nadya it unravels a whole other set of emotions that he isn't sure how to deal with. One kiss changes everything and now they have to deal with the fallout, whatever that may be.

I truly felt for both Nadya and Gareth, especially with the events in the previous books and I wasn't impressed with how they are dealing with the consequences of other peoples decisions. I feel as if Blood Moon has barely scraped the surface of Gareth and Nadya's story and I can't wait to see how things play out in subsequent books. Sebastian still intrigues me and I am looking forward to discovering his secrets.

It feels as if Lisa is really hitting her stride with her writing, the stories are flowing really well and they are one sitting reads that have pride of place on my keeper shelf. I'll definitely be continuing with the series!

ARC received from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls)
Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic beginning to a new series!, 14 Dec. 2014
Major Grant Barrett is fighting in Afghanistan when he gets the devastating news that his brother and his sister-in-law have been murdered, he returns to temporarily take care of his niece and nephew. Relying on his brother's neighbour, Ellie Ross, for help as he struggles to get to the bottom of what exactly happened while looking after two young kids and readjusting to civilian life, it becomes apparent that Ellie may know more than she is admitting to. When someone tried to kidnap Ellie's daughter and his nephew they team up to try and figure out what is going on, relying on no-one but family and being faced with decisions that could change his future immensely, Grant is also faced with his growing attraction to Ellie, with so much going on can Grant keep everyone safe?

I found this one to be very different from Melinda's other novels, it relied less on the police procedurals part and allowed us, in my opinion, a greater insight into the characters as their limits were tested both within and outwith the boundaries of the law. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and it was a fantastic start to a series which I have already added to my auto-buy list. I can't wait for the next one!

ARC received from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River Novella, Book 4)
Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River Novella, Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars This has been a fantastic journey and although it was a great ending to ..., 19 Nov. 2014
This is the fourth and final book in the Rogue River quadrilogy written by both Melinda Leigh and Kendra Elliot.

Melinda takes us back to Solitude and in turn back to Carly Taylor and her estranged husband Seth. Things in Solitude have been really heating up, with the murders and drug dealings still not being entirely solved. The tensions have been building and I found myself wholly invested in the story and eager to discover what was going on.

This has been a fantastic journey and although it was a great ending to the series, it is bittersweet. I am truly sad to see this story end, I have loved spending time in Solitude and I can't wait to find out what Melinda and Kendra have in store for us next. Here's hoping they join up again for another writing project!

ARC received via Netgalley